Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 5: Hail to the King  (Read 33549 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
King of the Mafia 5: Hail to the King
« on: February 24, 2016, 01:08:05 pm »

Some say that King Toaster overstayed his spot in the throne.  Many of those voices vanished.  Still, rumors say he is looking to get out of this life.  As usual, many people think they are qualified to hold the title.  Only one of them is correct.

The previous games can be found here:
King of the Mafia 4
King of the Mafia 3
King of the Mafia 2
King of the Mafia 1 - Second Thread

Rules
Shamelessly stolen from Leafsnail:
Welcome to King of the Mafia, your chance to win the fabulous crown of this subforum!  The rules are below.  They were originally written by Dakarian and have been edited by webadict and me (my edits are in italics).
You think you've proven yourself, child?  "Oh my, I won as town!"  Meh, that's easy with a whole army at your back and power roles you can abuse.   "But I've beaten the town as Mafia!"  PHAH!  With friends and a horribly weak town.

But can you do both?  Can you take down the mafia with 6 others, then turn around as mafia and BEAT those 6 to a pulp?  Can you pick just the perfect role-braving additions caused by an evil mod-that will not only help you as town but also as scum?  Can you fight off endless waves of people, including those you've killed? 

Well then step on the hill and see if you have what it takes to be King of the Mafia.

Spoiler: Basic Rules:  READ! (click to show/hide)

Specialized Rules:

Inning is not required to sign up.  To sign up read only the first two pages of Xylbot's role list and choose ONE role from there (and PM it to me).  You will then be assigned with that role, with a possibility of additional features based on balance or tomfoolery(though nothing hidden).

Once 7 people have signed up, the game begins.  A random person will be picked as KING MAFIA and will be given, on top of their role, the Mafiakill.  The First Round ONLY will start with a kill-less Night (that is all killing abilities will be disabled).

From there, the game continues.  During the game, anyone else can Sign up to be put on a queue. Game will play like a standard mafia game.  If you die at any time, you may Sign up again, though others who haven't played that round will have priority.

If King Mafia is killed at any time, the round ends.  Those in queue will take the place of those that died to refill the ranks back to 7 (those still alive remain), a new KING MAFIA will be picked, and the game will start on the next phase (Old round ends in Day, new round starts at Night...)

Play continues until KING MAFIA succeeds in being the ONLY one alive.  Note that all players being dead does not fulfill the KING MAFIA win condition - in that case a new round would begin with 7 new players.

There is an antilurk system in place.  Each RL day, you MUST have either voted (even if its for the same person) or sent in an action.  Fail once and you get one prod.  Fail twice in the same round and you will be killed, a player in Queue will automatically Sub in for you, and you will not be able to rejoin.  Ever.

All may join this game, though be aware of the antilurk system.  Please read this line Dariush.

*Toony Edit on No-Lynch policy*
Players may choose to no-lynch two days in a row. Otherwise a lynch must be made. If players force a tie then the lynch target will be randomly decided between the lynch candidates. If there are only two players left the compulsory lynch rule is not enforced, instead a stalemate results in a mafia loss.

You're done with the rules.  Now join and claim the mountain!

Toaster Note:  I do my phase ends at 11 PM EST.  In this game, the timer is enforced even if I am not around!  Forum time is the ultimate authority.

Toaster Note 2:  Extends require 50% of players voting for them in bold.  There are no shortens.  If you're done, remember that hammers are on.

Current Round (3):

4maskwolf
Notquitethere
Deus Asmoth
Persus13:  Ghoul - Killed N2
Shakerag
Teneb
FallacyofUrist

Spoiler: Results (click to show/hide)

Sign-Up Queue (7):

TheDarkStar
flabort
TolyK
origamiscienceguy II
BlackHeartKabal
hector13
Persus13
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 12:42:05 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 5: Sign up now! (0/7) (Queue: 0)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 02:13:34 pm »

My pm is the sent.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 02:38:09 pm »

I just can't wait to be king...

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 03:06:56 pm »

Also in.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 03:34:27 pm »

IN. Sending PM later today.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 03:36:18 pm »

Hopefully you got it.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 5: Sign up now! (5/7) (Queue: 0)
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 04:24:09 pm »

In, why not. Haven't done this yet, probably should. Can I send the PM in <12 hours? It's past midnight here. :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 04:31:37 pm »

Sure, but you're not officially in until I get the PM.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 04:41:12 pm »

Pm sent.  It's practically my duty to sign up at this point.

Edit:  *steps out of the woodwork*

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 05:00:06 pm »

In
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2016, 06:00:06 pm »

Looks like we have a full cohort. Just for the record, before we begin and I have my alignment, I want to state that role-fishing is not a scumtell in King of the Mafia.

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 06:28:22 pm »

in

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2016, 06:49:38 pm »

Hey Tin Foil, are you pleased with the role you sent to Toaster?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 07:06:27 pm »

In, sending choice. Probably going to end up on the queue.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2016, 08:01:53 pm »

Hey Tin Foil, are you pleased with the role you sent to Toaster?
Yeah I didn't notice something in the rules but whatevs
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20