Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 5: Hail to the King  (Read 33094 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 5: Hail to the King
« Reply #285 on: March 16, 2016, 03:54:31 pm »

Ask Jim G about KM4 sometime.

I'm going to avoid talking about this game before I start swearing up a motherfucking goddamn storm.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 16, 2016, 03:55:40 pm »

I think I'm going to have to read through that one at some point.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 16, 2016, 04:23:51 pm »

Wasn't that the one where someone daykilled a Network robot and then everyone proceeded to murder each other?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 16, 2016, 07:22:51 pm »

That was King of the Mafia 4.  Kingmaker 4 was a trainwreck.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 16, 2016, 07:41:32 pm »

Jack Jake seems fond of pointing that game out.

It was kind of awful though. My first BM game had Charazad in it too heh.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 17, 2016, 10:26:47 am »

For funny Bay 12 Mafia moments, I'd point towards two games in particular: Kingmaker 4 and Why Would You Do That: A Mafia Misadventure.

Kingmaker 4 was a colossal, spectacular trainwreck from start to finish.  WWYDT was, well, accurately titled a misadventure (overcomplicated setup, administrative issues, lurky players, and Ottofar doing whatever it was that he was trying to do), but it did feature Day 4's fake Archangel imitation requirement (basically profanity and threatening to quit) and one of the...best?...cult victories the board has seen.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 17, 2016, 11:14:20 pm »

My favorite game to read through is still this one (Bring Someone Else's Role).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 19, 2016, 07:38:53 pm »

Hmm, I've called the next King 4 times in a row. I'm going with Shakerag this time. His unpredictability makes him hard to read on both alignments, but you'll never see the double cross coming as KING MAFIA. But, to be fair, notquitethere will give him a run for his money.
Huh.  Can't say as that I recall my playstyle getting praise before. 

Also, where in the hell did you disappear to, you ass?
I logged off and found that I existed in some sort of dimensional other-space. Also, I can't seem to focus on Mafia anymore in a way that most people might consider healthy, so I quit instead.

So basically, ya know, stuff happened. Same as any old day in the life of web.

I'd really like to do another game, but I know I wouldn't be able to stay and play or mod for it. Just don't have the same free time that I used to. That and I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 19, 2016, 07:51:32 pm »

Hmm, I've called the next King 4 times in a row. I'm going with Shakerag this time. His unpredictability makes him hard to read on both alignments, but you'll never see the double cross coming as KING MAFIA. But, to be fair, notquitethere will give him a run for his money.

I logged off and found that I existed in some sort of dimensional other-space. Also, I can't seem to focus on Mafia anymore in a way that most people might consider healthy, so I quit instead.

I'd really like to do another game, but I know I wouldn't be able to stay and play or mod for it. Just don't have the same free time that I used to. That and I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be.
Spoilspec some games? Maybe try your hand at being Scum IC in a BM? Just suggestions, since I have no idea how busy you actually are.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 19, 2016, 08:43:31 pm »

Spoilspec some games? Maybe try your hand at being Scum IC in a BM? Just suggestions, since I have no idea how busy you actually are.
Spoilspec ain't a bad idea, but scum IC might be. I wouldn't be able to help them right away. Now, spoilspecing a BM wouldn't be too bad, because then I could help scum and town.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 20, 2016, 03:03:38 am »

To scum: KILL <randomtownplayer>, HE'S THE COP.
To town: KILL <randomplayer>, HE'S MAFIA.

More seriously, though, I don't believe the meta has changed all too much. Maybe less aggressive?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 20, 2016, 08:17:28 am »

To scum: KILL <randomtownplayer>, HE'S THE COP.
To town: KILL <randomplayer>, HE'S MAFIA.

More seriously, though, I don't believe the meta has changed all too much. Maybe less aggressive?
Sounds about right.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]