Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Needing help to make graphics art for the mod I'm creating  (Read 526 times)

ambrosa1576

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Needing help to make graphics art for the mod I'm creating
« on: July 04, 2023, 11:00:57 am »

Hello everybody, first post here. I've been playing this wonderful game for years now, and last year my brother and we took it upon ourselves to make a decently sized mod for people to enjoy. It started off as a small project at first, but quickly grew into what I have it as now. It's still being added to of course, but I have no skill whatsoever in making graphics art at all. I have my mod able to work just fine on the newest release of the Steam version, and it works fine on 47.05 as well. I've gone about making everything that I'd like to add to it with no problem, I just people to be able to enjoy the mod with graphics as well. If anybody would like to help make the pixel art graphics for the mod, I'd appreciate it so much and I'll list you as a contributor as well.

Dylan Ail Don

• Bay Watcher
  • Vanitas vanitatum et omnia vanitas.
    • View Profile
Re: Needing help to make graphics art for the mod I'm creating
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2023, 02:27:05 pm »

What is your mod about?
I'm not really a graphic artist, but there are several places that offer basic graphics to get you started on video game projects. Even the great Masterwork DF used some of these assets. I'll leave you some links along those lines:
https://opengameart.org/
https://itch.io/game-assets
https://www.reddit.com/r/gameassets/

ambrosa1576

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2023, 02:39:41 pm »

The mod that my brother and I have been working on is adding more content like more races, animals, megabeasts, items, etc. So far I've got 9 different races, 25 different animals (two of which are animal people), five different metals, four schools of magic, 7 different types of armor, 5 melee weapons, and two ranged weapons with their own types of ammunition that's also custom made. I'm sure to add more to the mod. Thanks for the links, I've been stumped on where to start with the graphics.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2023, 09:59:30 pm »

Hello everybody, first post here. I've been playing this wonderful game for years now, and last year my brother and we took it upon ourselves to make a decently sized mod for people to enjoy. It started off as a small project at first, but quickly grew into what I have it as now. It's still being added to of course, but I have no skill whatsoever in making graphics art at all. I have my mod able to work just fine on the newest release of the Steam version, and it works fine on 47.05 as well. I've gone about making everything that I'd like to add to it with no problem, I just people to be able to enjoy the mod with graphics as well. If anybody would like to help make the pixel art graphics for the mod, I'd appreciate it so much and I'll list you as a contributor as well.

Sure! I'm still quite the novice, when it comes to spriting, but I'd love to contribute.

Do you mind posting a link to your mod? I'll take a look and see which things I feel like making art for.

ambrosa1576

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 09:46:17 pm »

Thank you! I don't have a link to the mod on Steam yet, since it's not released as of yet, but I do have a list of everything that I have in the mod right now, and reference pictures for what has been added. I can list here what I have so far.

ambrosa1576

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2023, 09:50:15 pm »

Draconian (I'm currently working on this species)
Fallen -think of Diablo 2's Fallen
Halfling
High Elf
Orc
Naga
Ronian -think of Darth Maul's species
Gnoll
Half Giant
------------------------------------
Ampithere
Spinosaurus
Sauropod
Triceratops
Ankylosaurus
Simulacrum -an evil, animated living piece of ice
Ankylosaurus Man
Triceratops Man
Wyvern
Broodmother
Dark Dragon
Promethean (I have a temporary sprite for this for the time being)
Magma Dragon (I have a sprite for this)
Charybdis
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Wyrm
Hell Hound
Warg
Plaguewalker
Draconic Demon
Draconic Immolation (I have a sprite for this)
Hippogriff (temporary sprite for this for the time being)
Reaper -think of ARK's Reaper King
Kraken
Aquatic Hydra
---------------------------------------
Dracoiron
Kruilium- Ruby Iron
Veclite-Sapphire steel
Mythril
Titanium
Wyvern Frost- Cryo
Lightning
Unrefined Titanium
Conjuration
Cryomancy
Polymancy
Pyromancy
Plague- Material that Plaguewalker uses
Dragonplate Cuirass
Dragonplate Gauntlets
Dragonplate Helm
Dragonplate Greaves
Tower Shield
Dragonplate Boots
Armet Helm
Zweihander
Greatbow
Ultra Greatsword
Two-Handed Flail
Lance
Claymore
Matchlock Rifle
Matchlock Bullet
Great-arrow

If you have any questions about anything on the list or want to take a look at their RAW file, I'm more than happy to show you.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 09:57:43 pm by ambrosa1576 »