Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Lord of the Dark Dominion (SG)  (Read 2900 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lord of the Dark Dominion (SG)
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2024, 02:57:07 am »

C G
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2024, 04:03:13 pm »

C G

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2024, 10:10:43 pm »

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2024, 11:08:52 pm »

“He’ll live. "

"Barely, and missing an eye, but he will live. The priests have him now.”

You nod to the image of your sorceress in the reflection of the scrying mirror. The priests will have taken some of the prisoners from their dungeons and used them as sacrifices to heal your brother. Brutal, as were most of the ways of your people, but effective.

Your spymistress Piela steps into view. You can see the fatigue even across the distortion of the the scrying mirror.

She wastes no time. "We need you back soon. Your cousin is rallying her forces and is on the march. And she will either mount a rescue attempt or just take the city. And we discovered that the Scylling sorcerers have met with their army. We should expect them to outmatch us in magic as well."

You wince. The Scylling clan had the dedicated their existence to magical mastery. They would be no slouches in that arena.

You glance at Vial. "How can we hold up against them?"

She grimaces. " I can dance with the best of them, but their lesser mages are more numerous and better skilled than ours. No offense," she adds for the benifit of the mage maintaining the mirror for you. He simply shrugs.

With further discussion, you agree that there is enough time for one more preperation before the momentum swings in your cousin's favor.
You decide to:

A. Return home, fortify your posisition.
B. Go to either the Thule (warriors) or the Etra (dark priest/Summoners).
C. Something else?

You just begin to decide what to do when the horns blare and call the camp to action. A scout returns, A Collsung rider, and warns of an approaching Adairn force. Near 600 strong, they outnumber you by nearly double. Most of your force are cavalry, in comparison to their infantry focused force.

They probably intend on killing you. You could go around them with your mobility, or you could take this opportunity to destroy them.

Despite being outnumbered, your warriors are eager for battle. The Adairn are viewed as middling in battle, and with your Collsung horsemen you can harass them at will.

There are also whispers about you, you know. How will their new lord fare in battle, if he takes it?

What do you do?
A. Avoid them.
B. Confront them head on.
C. Have your riders harry them while you keep moving on.
D. Something else?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2024, 11:50:22 pm »

B. Etra
D. Harass them and lead them into favorable terrain, THEN kill them all in a straight up fight by pinning them down with the infantry line and cutting them up with cavalry and our own combat prowess. Basically use our cavalry and any mages we've got along to stack the odds in our favor before we actually do the murdering.

+1
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 03:00:32 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2024, 02:19:53 am »

B. Etra
C.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2024, 11:23:25 am »

B. Etra
D. Harass them and lead them into favorable terrain, THEN kill them all in a straight up fight by pinning them down with the infantry line and cutting them up with cavalry and our own combat prowess. Basically use our cavalry and any mages we've got along to stack the odds in our favor before we actually do the murdering.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]