Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: How many NPCs have you MERCILESSLY SLAUGHTERED, YOU MONSTER?  (Read 15991 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: How many NPCs have you MERCILESSLY SLAUGHTERED, YOU MONSTER?
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2016, 02:22:55 am »

....4 and 5 MILLION NPCs in my life.
Ah, the innocence of one who doesn't play space 4x games.

... I'mma go cry myself to sleep now.
Me while still learning Space Empires: "Oh, that's odd.  My passenger transports have the 'eject cargo' button enabled.  But there's no way, when I'm in the middle of deep space, that they would allow...ah, they allowed it.  Oopsie."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2016, 02:26:12 am »

....4 and 5 MILLION NPCs in my life.
Ah, the innocence of one who doesn't play space 4x games.

... I'mma go cry myself to sleep now.
Me while still learning Space Empires: "Oh, that's odd.  My passenger transports have the 'eject cargo' button enabled.  But there's no way, when I'm in the middle of deep space, that they would allow...ah, they allowed it.  Oopsie."
I did that once... Ok, it was twice... or a slight number more, but it's not like I was killing off an entire planet to make room for the master race by doing that, right? I mean it's not like I was ferrying around 80000 aliens at a time then ejecting them into space, right? And when it fell below 'source of colonists' threshold it's not like I used missiles to kill them off, right?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2016, 04:41:25 am »

Killing one man is murder.
Killing a milllion men is a statistic.
Killing everyone makes you a God.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2016, 04:59:44 am »

That was real tactic to depopulate planets that you couldn't hold. 

Capture / trade / espionage one you cant keep?  Going to lose it to an enemy fleet or to a rebellion?  Need to prevent your methane breathers from falling into the filthy oxygenoid's hands?  You can't directly fire on your own worlds, but one cargo bay in orbit lets you depopulate untold billions in a single turn...

« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 06:27:29 am by puke »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2016, 05:12:42 am »

I wrote a script that prints "number of dead: [TIME_ELAPSED x2^16]" and just let it run. I'm a googolplexocide now.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2016, 05:58:37 am »

I recall once while playing Galciv 2 as the Torians that I'd basically won, crushed all other resistance in the galaxy and was going for a tech victory because I felt like it. Many of my planets were optimized for breeding and max population to spam troop transports. This, when at peace, had the unfortunate side effect of plummeting morale - and thus research time IIRC when it got bad enough - because there were so many people. I didn't want to foist all my troops on the remaining factions, I wanted a tech victory. I could've crushed the other guys any time I felt like it, after all.

So I built the largest troop transports, or colony ships, that fit the most amount of people on board that they could possibly carry. I set those world's to endlessly produce these ships. When they were built, I loaded legions upon legions of eager Torian soldiers into them to bring dominance to the rest of the Galaxy.

Then when they left the planet and became units of their own I scrapped them, killing everyone on board and gaining some money back in the process. I don't know how many times I did this before I researched omnipotence, or how many people fit on my transports, but I think I got into the trillions at the least. Maybe more, it was a while to get those last few techs.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2016, 06:37:41 am »

What really peeves me is when the game offers/encourages you to spare the bad guy with a speaking role, after you've mercilessly slaughtered several dozen of his thugs/soldiers/minions. Like, if I was going to spare somebody, it should be the guy who's just accepting a paycheck rather than the evil mastermind, but no, not given that option.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2016, 06:54:14 am »

Sans thinks all of you are going to have a bad time :P

If we're counting faceless numbers, my Defcon games probably resulted in net a higher body count to my name that the current population of Earth.  This was dwarfed by pretty much any game of Gal Civ 2 where I engaged in violence.  In my Torians huge galaxy game I killed billions of humans and aliens and conquered Earth but that actually doesn't hold a candle to how many Torians were killed by my enemies.  See, there were something like... 500 billion Torians in the galaxy at one point and that number just kept going up.  The Thalans declared war on us and were technologically and industrially superior, in fact the war was almost a certain loss.  On top of that our ground soldiers were actually less effective than other races would be even with no soldiering techs.  But then an event triggered that caused a huge number of uninhabitable worlds along my border to become habitable, causing a second colony rush.  I decided to focus on this rather than military production and essentially outbreed my enemies; it was a very Torian way of doing things that resulted in a huge friendly body count as I couldn't defend Torian worlds and my fleets had the survival rate of WW1 british airplanes.  Hilariously, Torians had such a strong cultural influence, and there were so many worlds with so many Torians so close together, that conquered worlds would frequently rebel and rejoin the empire without me having to do anything.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2016, 07:29:16 am »

All of them.  And I don't care.  You can't send a horde of faceless gunmans at me and then try to wag your finger at me for shooting them.
Shoes...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2016, 08:33:02 am »

Indeed.

Probably the most annoying thing I've ever experienced with pacifism in games is in Skyrim. At the end of the civil war, you can try to spare Ulfric or Tullius, making the good point that you've probably murdered dozens of people in that battle alone.

And then Ulfric/Tullius will be like "RAAAAGH MORE MURDER" and kill them anyway,, completely ruining any semblance of player choice in a supposed role-playing game.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2016, 11:34:22 am »

Probably more then a few hitlers in my time.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2016, 11:42:08 am »

Hmm, how many literal Hitlers have you killed?
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2016, 12:00:47 pm »

Hmm, how many literal Hitlers have you killed?
Less then the number of fingers on my hands, I tend to pick Axis  :P  (Or I just don't play WW2 games, but I reckon there are flash games where Hitler is an enemy.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2016, 12:22:30 pm »

I don't remember killing Hitler even once. Not sure if that's good or bad.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2016, 12:28:27 pm »

I only killed like 50 people and some dogs this week. I loosed the war hounds inside my town in Stronghold HD and watched them murder the entire population. The only survivors were the non-ranged soldiers, who knew how to defend themselves.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9