Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: How many NPCs have you MERCILESSLY SLAUGHTERED, YOU MONSTER?  (Read 15904 times)

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
Re: How many NPCs have you MERCILESSLY SLAUGHTERED, YOU MONSTER?
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2016, 12:45:54 pm »

Does ordering soldiers to go forth and kill count, or does it have to be by your own hand? Because Crusader Kings, Mount and Blade, and DF are going to be pretty massive weights depending which way that goes.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2016, 01:19:31 pm »

Does ordering soldiers to go forth and kill count, or does it have to be by your own hand? Because Crusader Kings, Mount and Blade, and DF are going to be pretty massive weights depending which way that goes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_principles

"The fact that a person acted pursuant to order of his Government or of a superior does not relieve him from responsibility under international law, provided a moral choice was in fact possible to him."

The same applies in the reverse. It was by your order that murders were committed, thus you are responsible for those murders committed by your subordinates. But it's only murder if it was unlawful. Also these are legislative principles and whether or not, say, Winston Churchill was a "killer" can be debated from some angles.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 01:24:08 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2016, 01:31:01 pm »

But it's only murder if it was unlawful. Also these are legislative principles and whether or not, say, Winston Churchill was a "killer" can be debated from some angles.

merciless slaughter (as per the thread title) can be perfectly legal. 

especially if you win the larger conflict.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2016, 01:33:46 pm »

Merciless slaughter of Goblin Hordes in DF is perfectly legal. They attacked me. Thousands dead because I tried to steal Sweden through dynasty bullshit? A little more debatable.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2016, 01:44:37 pm »

Merciless slaughter of Goblin Hordes in DF is perfectly legal. They attacked me. Thousands dead because I tried to steal Sweden through dynasty bullshit? A little more debatable.
Indeed. Since you're not actually the king of Sweden, might as well just chalk up every person who died as a result of your (the player's) actions. Maybe divide them into direct and indirect.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2016, 03:51:46 pm »

Obviously, its illegal till you subdue/dispose of/control the law making entity and make it legal, with after the fact protections.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2016, 04:42:45 pm »

Hmm.
I just realized that I've never killed a single digital Hitler. A digital Hitler did once give me the Iron Cross, though. Odd thought.

Honestly, I might need to think more about the pain and suffering I've caused than the actual body count. My cruel DF experiments for one(I once set out to break every bone in the body of an enemy and bite it's head off as the ultimate display of brutality to show one of my friends how brutal the combat was... I met many failed attempts on intelligent creatures, and some successful tries on small animals.)I don't consider a fort finished until I've made a goblin torture room. I've built giant, extremely inhumane animal breeding and processing plants in minecraft of all things(e.g. The automatic chicken breeder and cooker). I've let hundreds of rookies die in X-com to keep my veterans safe, and I've incurred large civilian casualties. Hell, I've nuked civilians! In fact, when I play Civ 5, I use nukes more than Gandhi! Wait, how many soldiers and civilians have I subjected to bombardment by artillery (mine(I put the art in artillery) or otherwise)? Do you know the psychological effects of warfare? I should be ashamed of every domination victory I've had.

By Odin's beard. The time I conquered Europe starting as King Björn Ironside in CK2. I exterminated royal houses. I used thousands of soldiers as pawns and subjected them to diseases, sieges, and more primitive bombardments of arrows and boulders. Boiling lead? What have I done? The religious persecution I took part in. I completely destroyed the Catholic faith! The pope sat in the Germanic theocracy of Rome (owned by my dynasty), with Norse children laughing at him in his pointy hat. I imprisoned/ransomed hundreds, if not thousands of people. I committed incest for an achievement! Those poor kids.

Edit:Spelling
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:29:06 pm by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2016, 05:00:34 pm »

Come to think of it, if we're counting it that way, I played the Empire in a campaign of Star Wars: Empire at War. I built the Death Star and used it more than a dozen times, so that would probably be the winner for "most deaths I've been responsible for in the game".
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2016, 05:09:22 pm »

If being rolled up in a Katamari counts as death, I've murdered an entire cosmos before.

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2016, 07:19:23 pm »

I obliterated the entire world, both monsters and humans, so that's a couple billion. Only took me a couple dozen tries to kill the damn skeleton trying to stop me.
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2016, 07:45:53 pm »

Not counting repeat runs, I've only killed Hitler once, at the end of Wolfenstein 3D. Literally killing Hitler, as in you click on him and he dies, is pretty rare in WW2 games AFAIK.

One of my favorite inhumane things, in games that support it, is playing with ragdolls. I love stacking corpses up to see if I can use them to get out of bounds, or trying to get them in weird poses.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2016, 07:56:50 pm »

One of my favorite inhumane things, in games that support it, is playing with ragdolls. I love stacking corpses up to see if I can use them to get out of bounds, or trying to get them in weird poses.

This is why smart programmers only allow ragdolls to have physics one way (AKA the environment can affect them but they can't affect the environment).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2016, 08:10:33 pm »

All civilian deaths are necessary when preventing the threat of Nuclear Ghandi.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2016, 09:15:35 pm »

*Gandhi?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2016, 09:19:27 pm »

*Gandhi?
In the original Civilization game by Sid Meier, If you increased your reputation with Gandhi, a flaw in there game caused his reputation to set to ultra-hostile and he nuked the hell out of you. In the new games, they kept his warmongering side for the lulz.

Edit:Gandhi
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:28:30 pm by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9