Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends: June 2017 update. Long live Archcrystals and Vaults?  (Read 104263 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends
« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2017, 09:06:50 am »

Voting for Clobbermountains if that's possible now.
+1 for clobbermountains. It toally deserves it.
+1 for clobbermountains. It toally deserves it.
I really hate to ask, but has Clobbermountains been disqualified for whatever reason? It's been a long time since it was nominated, and it hasn't been mentioned by OP since.

E: A quick search indicates that nobody provided a link, as far as I can tell. Here's one, if it makes any difference at this point.

That's 4 votes for Clobbermountains. Two more and it's in.

I Nominate Archcrystal.... I know it only has 11 pages, but once you read it, you'll understand why I nominate this.

Its a fortress that has been active for 310 in-game years. And it is currently building a glass city in the HFS. Its military of only 2 dozen or so have faithfully guarded its gates both in the HFS and the surface for these past 3 centuries.

You HAVE to read it, the level of commitment this would require is beyond me or the average DF player

Archcrystal
Wirejade is in there, why not Archcrystal?
I nominate , Archcrystal as the game finally inspired me to join this place and download the game.

I already did :P so is this a +1 vote?
Oh...in that case yes. :o
Also +1 to Archcrystals, if I can get a second vote in there.
+1 to Archcrystals
+1 to archcrystal if possible.
+1 Archcrystal
If such is the case, which being in college atm as well, I truly do understand, than also +1 for Archcrystal.
+1 to archcrystal as well, it's truly epic.
+1 to archcrystal as well, it's truly epic.

+1

If only for domesticated Cave Dragons.

But what he's doing in [spoilers] is truly epic.

plus he has a truly generational fort. which, let's face it, a lot of us want to do, but the damn pesky dwarves keep dying because of us they are stupid.
I give a vote for Archcrystal. May the cave dragons ever smote the demons unto the ages.
+1 to Archcrystal. It's just awesome.

I'm not even going to bother to count, it's in. Long live Archcrystal!

I nominate Atolasob! One of the best community fortresses ever, if you ask me.

Nominated!

Im vote for SilentThunders, definitely deserves it imo

Voted.

One vote for Murdermachines! Who's with me?
Yeah!

2 votes for Murdermachines!

I nominate "Vaults?", a thread started a few days ago.
the link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162870.0
It's basically "You have found..." only in adventure mode. A new player finds a vault, wanders in, loses all companions and three limbs while trying to figure out what's going on. Asks questions on the forums. Manages to get the slab but has no idea what to do with it. Is told to google. Learns about clowns.
After backing up the save and searching legends mode they found that the demon who created the vault has been long dead, slain by the same roc that killed their last three adventurers. Awesome story.

Oh, and they killed a bunch of angels and got the slab while wearing only goose leather armor.
This is great, I'm going to vote for it when this become eligible
+1.
Just read it, and it is worthy of being placed in here, so +1 from me
Definitely deserves a spot, I was pretty shocked when he said "goose leather". I die to those in candy!
+1 Watch as a hapless player adventures into a vault and accidently does what many far more experienced players haven't with a stolen silver axe and laughingly ineffectual armour.
+1 for Vaults.
Another +1 to Vaults. I think this is the first time something has passed the nomination process before it was nominated.  :o
Vaults is one of those rare things that requires a player not only know nothing about all the HFS they are courting, but also choose to document it, live, for the forum goers.

So +1 to Vaults.
+1 to vaults
+1 to vaults.
+1 to vaults, mates.

Vaults is in!

Hey, Necrothreat III is no longer active. Necrothreat IV, however, is, and deserves a vote.
I also vote for Necrothreat IV.

I'll nominate Necrothreat IV.
Nominated! My turn's coming up soon  :D

Hey, I noticed Necrothreat III is in the "active" section. It ended a while ago and was replaced by Necrothreat IV. Thanks.
Moved it to Inactive right under Necrothreat II, and added IV to the nominations. Thanks.

We need an adventurer mode section now
Good point. I'll create a section.

Some of the links in the Stories/Finished section. You put bay12games, not bay12forums.
I'm not really sure what happened with those, but I'll try to fix them.

If anyone wants to take over the hall of legends, or create a website or google doc, that would be welcome. Otherwise I will continue to run it infrequently and with pestering.  :)
Also, I'm not really enforcing the month long waiting period anymore. You can vote for something as soon as it's nominated.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

One vote for Clobbermountains

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Votes for Necrothreat IV!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

I'm planning to set up a Google docs sometime this month (looking at my schedule, closer to sometime this year. ) I was thinking for it to be run by more than one person this way it could last for longer. Would anyone be interested?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

I'd actually be against making it a google doc or in any other way moving it off the forums. It creates an unnecessary hoop. And run by more than one person? God forbid the management then.

On another note I'm also against removing the 1-month-for-nomination rule. It was there so you could stiffle short-lived hype, and instead induce nominations only worthy of being in the memory of people for a longer time.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

I'd actually be against making it a google doc or in any other way moving it off the forums. It creates an unnecessary hoop. And run by more than one person? God forbid the management then.
I disagree, having it managed by three four people would be easier than waiting half year for one person to update, because even if you start out excited and update the hall of legends every week, that's what's gonna eventually happen.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I disagree, having it managed by three four people would be easier than waiting half year for one person to update, because even if you start out excited and update the hall of legends every week, that's what's gonna eventually happen.

I'm quite certain that the thread will be updated at least once a month eventually, which seems fair to me. NAV is still new and hasn't gotten used to the responsibility. You can hardly cast him out thanks to that.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

I'm quite certain that the thread will be updated at least once a month eventually, which seems fair to me. NAV is still new and hasn't gotten used to the responsibility. You can hardly cast him out thanks to that.

I'm not casting him out.  I'm grateful for what he does, but It just seems like a much more efficient way to have more people working on this.
(build the quote pyramid :P )

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

+1 for Necrothreat IV.

Where magic and madness meet :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

I'm not casting him out.  I'm grateful for what he does, but It just seems like a much more efficient way to have more people working on this.
(build the quote pyramid :P )

NAV has my support, and I'm against the google thing for now. Give it time.

And I am against removing the one month rule as well. The HoL was never about how fast canw e get legends in, it was the quality and how carefully selected it was.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

I generally trust bay12ers to vote objectively. The one month waiting period was/is another thing to track, one which requires temporal consistency ;D.

We could increase the number of votes required to help offset the lack of buffer period. It would make some sense since the playerbase is so much larger than it was when the HoL was created. Though the portion dedicated enough to vote might not be.

I might make a poll about what to do.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

+1 to increased number of votes.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-1 to increasing the votes by a significant amount. +1 to increasing it by 1-3 people.

I would, however, still be in favor of retaining the 1-month rule.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile

1+ too keeping the current system.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile

Oh and +1 to Dwarf fortress from scratch which is essentially what happens when you give a bunch of coders some good drugs, and a desire to turn toward fortress it into "Halfling Hovel: Sci FI edition" oh, and the "carnival"  is made of "frozen blood" and "ice" (nobody knows what that stuff really is).
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15