Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends: June 2017 update. Long live Archcrystals and Vaults?  (Read 104104 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

+1 to status quo.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile

I am formally putting forth Whisperwhip as a HoL candidtate, and not just b/c my personal Dorf had some great cameos.  The author started the Fortress as a newbie (see; Sky Pig incident), and quickly evolved into something greater.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

I am formally putting forth Whisperwhip as a HoL candidtate, and not just b/c my personal Dorf had some great cameos.  The author started the Fortress as a newbie (see; Sky Pig incident), and quickly evolved into something greater.

Ooh, nice one. I stopped reading after chapter 35-ish. Really need to read it again.

Also, +1 to status quo, if it wasnt onvious earlier
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 11:22:39 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile

+1 to increasing the vote requirement to.. about 10?

Most forts have 3-5 core members who will vote for it anyway - raising the bar will require the fort to appeal to both casual readers and hardcore participants. Which imo should be the bare minimum for induction as a legend.

Once in the Hall, a thread can only be removed by 10 votes, author's request, or through evidence of foul play. I doubt this will come up, but I'd like to have precedent handy.

Oh, and it also parallels the removal rule. 10 votes for in, 10 votes for out. I'm a sucker for consistency, so there you go.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 01:50:44 am by Bearskie »

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

+1 to increasing the vote requirement to.. about 10?

Quality over quantity. An increase of 4 more votes isn't too much in my honest opinion to ensure better chance of ☼Masterwork entries☼. Take Archcrystal for example, easily makes it into HOF despite raising the requirements due to the sheer ludicrousness of effort that went into it. That's what I feel a Hall of Fame entry should have, that "WOW" factor.

and +1 to status quo

also...
+1 to whisperwhips
+1 to oceanshoots
+1 to constructivory (held off on voting this in due to my participation, but meh who cares, I just feel like it needs some attention drawn to it.)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 11:29:12 pm by Zuglarkun »

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile

UPDATE: Einsteinian Roulette is no longer active.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

As stated: we need necrothreat 4 in here.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile

+1 Whisperwhip
+1 Clobbermountains

They kinda deserve it at this point.

Oh yeah, can I suggest that Abandoned and Finished stories be separated into different categories? It's a real bummer when one spends time reading all these amazing threads, and the ending is discovering that the OP never finished the story in the first place.

Also, I don't mind the Adventure Mode category, but right now it doesn't contain anything at all. Either place AdvMode stories like the Museum, Bronze Colossus, and Vaults in it; or remove the category entirely.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 10:31:41 pm by Bearskie »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Oh yeah, can I suggest that Abandoned and Finished stories be separated into different categories? It's a real bummer when one spends time reading all these amazing threads, and the ending is discovering that the OP never finished the story in the first place.

I'd second this. If Nav wants to do that, I'd be willing go through here and the RTD version of this thread to find which entries have proper endings and which were abandoned.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile

after just recently reading sabotaged fortress, I think it deserves another one plus I mean the places managed to survive...almost a decade despite all the players trying to destroy it primarily by letting clowns ands Zeds having a party with the fortress as the place hosting said festivities.  Just to say that it made doomforests look taaame,which I thought was impossible to do. ::)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

Voting for Sabotaged Fortress, Clobbermountains, Necrothreat IV, and Silentthunders.

The Tragic Tale of Dumplin is now finished, and The Warrens of Oric the Awesome have been abandoned.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 09:11:06 am by TheFlame52 »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile

After some careful scrutiny, I've realised that monk12 never added Adventures on Monster Island to the HoL, despite it having garnered enough votes to do so.

Votes added!

Adventures on Monster Island has been inducted into the Hall of Legends! *dadurrr*

Which. Is. A. Friggin. Travesty.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

+1 Whisperwhip
+1 Clobbermountains

In hindsight, I fucked up a *lot* of stuff with poor adamantine excavation.

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Silentthunders is the best thing I have read in a long time.  I'm voting for it if voting is open.
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends: June 2017 update. Long live Archcrystals and Vaults?
« Reply #194 on: August 04, 2017, 01:59:39 am »

After some careful scrutiny, I've realised that monk12 never added Adventures on Monster Island to the HoL, despite it having garnered enough votes to do so.

Votes added!

Adventures on Monster Island has been inducted into the Hall of Legends! *dadurrr*

I agree, otherwise without this being mentioned here I would've never found that absolutely amazing masterpiece of a thread. >:(I agree, otherwise without this being mentioned here I would've never found that absolutely amazing masterpiece of a thread. :'(

Which. Is. A. Friggin. Travesty.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15