Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cereal killer, elected hammerer and manager,the few living dwarves r kinda mad  (Read 3108 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

so I had made a fort and copied it for this purpose of seeing what happens in player forts, in adventure mode,i noticed that my animals having been locked away were scattered all over the place.i went over to my tavern and asked the tavern keeper for a drink, he replied that he didn't work there. I was kinda mad, so I grabbed his fancy silk shirt, he replied by slashing me with a weapon that he had. I then decided just to kill him. after the deed I noticed a human staring at me, I killed him,too. long story short, I had killed many dwarves before dying on top of a coffin. I went into legends mode in order to see his evil deeds, when I noticed he had been elected manager.... and hammerer. I had killed the manager, did I dethrone him? and why did I become hammerer?
I hadn't HAD one In my fort. why did this happen?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website

so I had made a fort and copied it for this purpose of seeing what happens in player forts, in adventure mode,i noticed that my animals having been locked away were scattered all over the place.i went over to my tavern and asked the tavern keeper for a drink, he replied that he didn't work there. I was kinda mad, so I grabbed his fancy silk shirt, he replied by slashing me with a weapon that he had. I then decided just to kill him. after the deed I noticed a human staring at me, I killed him,too. long story short, I had killed many dwarves before dying on top of a coffin. I went into legends mode in order to see his evil deeds, when I noticed he had been elected manager.... and hammerer. I had killed the manager, did I dethrone him? and why did I become hammerer?
I hadn't HAD one In my fort. why did this happen?

Please go on mantis and reply to my bug report on the subject of broken dwarf mode tavern keepers
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9327

I'm so sick of the bug tracker guys completely ignoring game breaking adventure mode bugs.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

what happen is forts automatically fills in those roles when you retire the site. if you retired and unretired it you would see your fort citizens filling up noble spots.
if you had an adventurer who was apart of the fort or civ chances are they might get elected for the position based on their skills.
now thinking of it aren't most taverns built with currency in mind, I don't know how would a player fort tavern would work outside of giving you free service
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

what happen is forts automatically fills in those roles when you retire the site. if you retired and unretired it you would see your fort citizens filling up noble spots.
if you had an adventurer who was apart of the fort or civ chances are they might get elected for the position based on their skills.
now thinking of it aren't most taverns built with currency in mind, I don't know how would a player fort tavern would work outside of giving you free service
it would have been nice if it actually TOLD me I was elected BEFORE I died and looked  at legends mode. another time I killed a minotaur in the labrynth underneath the fort.i didn't know until I talked to some-one and there was an option to ask him to be a military dwarf, that I was elected to be military commander. and also no one should be elected a justice position after killing dwarves in front of other dwarves.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

it would have been nice if it actually TOLD me I was elected BEFORE I died and looked  at legends mode. another time I killed a minotaur in the labrynth underneath the fort.i didn't know until I talked to some-one and there was an option to ask him to be a military dwarf, that I was elected to be military commander. and also no one should be elected a justice position after killing dwarves in front of other dwarves.
yeah that seems less bug and more uhh how hammerers Do.
I mean Hammerers are given a role to go around and Kill dwarves for the acts of breaking some petty mandate a noble grants them.
considering there's the new soldier mechanic which doesn't paint you as an unhinged maniac if you are a hearthsperson. chances are players now have a get out of horrible guilt of murder card now.
also there's the whole insurection bit where your acts might have been seen as you taking over leadership.
I think this stuff happens in fortmode as well if you have someone who in a noble position you elected dying on you, the next available person gets selected automatically.

oh yeah fort mode stuff works when you are on a player fort.
and I think the talk dialog has options that are player accessible if you make your adventurer reach that status, I wonder if it's possible to unlock the serve drinks dialog tree if you move an adventurer to tavern keeper role and retire.
considering you might need to make a better Tavern to pull that off given how this whole mess started.
"body swapping and YOU!"

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

better yet maybe I should make him tavern keeper and every other admin position I can give him.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

better yet maybe I should make him tavern keeper and every other admin position I can give him.
that's what I do with adventurers that I move in to the fort.
give them all the jobs, and boot out anyone who elects anyone better.
also see if claiming the land gets you anything.
"body swapping and YOU!"