Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FIFA World Cup 2018 Prediction Maker (Ranking system to compete with friends)  (Read 1182 times)

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia

What goes around comes around

Because I felt the nostalgia of posting it here after such a long time and I still receive the odd email here and there with requests...

Here it goes:

----------------------------

Hi,

Since 2010, I've been making spreadsheets for the Euro and World Cup to compete with my friends and coworkers with the tournament predictions. 

I've made a hacky Excel 8 years ago and it still does it's job well enough today.

# Download links for the impatient

You can download the spreadsheet from the following links or copy the link to your own Google Drive:

[XLSX (Google Drive )]
[ODS (Google Drive)]

Alternatively, you can use 4Shared to get it:

[ODS (4shared)]
[XLSX (4shared)]

I intend to explain the logic/functions in my blog later on if people are interested.

# What problems does this spreadsheet solve:

- Be offline at all times (Complete privacy).

- No scripting or macros.  Just plain old excel formulas that require no user privileges.

- Be able to enter the predictions of many participants.

- Be able to specify how many points a participant wins for guessing the outcome and how many for guessing the exact score.

- Have the rankings and standings be updated automatically and correctly.

- Handle the possibility of PKs.

- Give people the possibility to localize the spreadsheet if they're so inclined.

- Protect the spreadsheet cells that shouldn't be modified to breakage by user mistakes.

Enjoy and post your predictions!

--------

For those completely out of touch... No, USA did not qualify...  :o
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.