Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Hnefatafl AI tournament - code your way to glory  (Read 10224 times)

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
Re: Hnefatafl AI tournament - code your way to glory
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2018, 02:15:19 pm »

The 2017 tournament ended up not being a thing, but I do plan on running a 2018 tournament, games to be played in December of this year. If you're interested in jumping in again, there's no time like the present.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2018, 02:46:22 am »

Sounds interesting
A)What language I can use,only Java?
B)What the AI quality?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2018, 10:38:34 am »

You can write it in anything I can run on 64-bit Linux.

As far as quality goes, the state of the art isn't that great. The AI built into OpenTafl is the best one I'm aware of, although the other entrant in the 2016 tournament probably would have taken the crown if it hadn't broken playing one side. At any rate, the best tafl AIs currently play at an low intermediate level on the 11x11 board in question; most players of reasonable skill stomp on it pretty readily.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2018, 10:42:41 am »

Thank you.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2018, 07:53:21 am »

PTW and tell you that your thread appears to be the first entry if you Google "Hnefatafl AI." Congratulations.

hallo1126

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2018, 02:08:01 pm »

Well it also seems to be the only one... which is too bad imo. I plan for long to participate there but now that I know you post in DF, I will definitely work on something.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]