Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Era?

EA
MA
LA

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 20 Back to Vanilla. The Games are over. ThtblovesDF wins!  (Read 34300 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 20 Back to Vanilla [6/8] Sign ups open.
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2016, 03:54:33 am »

Also a reminder to vote!

Plus I figure now is a good time to ask about preferred tweaks. Worthy heroes mod, possibly that balance mod? Go ahead and lemme know if there's any preference. Personally leaning towards the worthy hero mod if anything, while unsure about the changes Balance Overhaul does. As is the base game seems fine for me so far and I'd like to get used to it rather than a mod.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 08:05:17 am »

Due to its beginner orientation I'm leaning towards no to few mods. Worthy Heroes could be used since cool heroes are always fun.

For map choice, I'm going to be boring and propose a Pymous map. Peliwyr (127+18) if we get 8. Atha Avin (81+10) or Biddyn (81+9) if we stay at six. Of the two I prefer Biddyn because it doesn't have a huge cluster of wastelands in the middle. Seems he also made a new map just a while ago, Snerdryn (117+19). We could use that if we get 7.

None of these is a must but they look pretty and play well enough in my experience.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2016, 12:20:10 pm »

A little unsolicited advice from the thankfully disqualified (at my Dominions limit, thanks):

Don't use a poll for era selection.  Polls are for when you want random mooks from the internet to dictate your fate.  That is not what you are going for, I assume.

If we're going middle ages I think I'll take Arcosophile then, given people are claiming things now.
Good choice.  I think I played them as my first nation.  I destroyed my neighbor, then noticed Il Palazzo took over 3/4th of the map while I was engaged in my little war.  Game over, but it was fun while it lasted.

EDIT: This was too interesting not to post:
Plural of chassis is chassis.

Also, I'm looking at World of Warhammer, it's a little ugly zoomed in but it could work.

Also also, I noticed that there are more votes than applicants.  Please don't vote if you don't want to play, and if you vote post that you want to play.

If you don't want random non-participants to vote, don't set up a poll.  It isn't hard to just ask people to post age preferences along with faction preference.

Personally, I'd like to see late age because nobody has done that yet on this board.  But I currently am not interested in playing, just watching.
From my first Dominions game, the third one on this forum, where I played Arco

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2016, 12:58:51 pm »

I think my internet issues are finally over. Hopefully anyway. I'll likely lock the players in place when I wake up again, so 12 hours at the earliest. I did have my eye on Biddyn for this with these many players. So far seems a tie, but In case of tie breaker I'll have this as a middle ages game.

jking47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2016, 02:10:28 pm »

Hopefully we will get couple more players, but I would like to call Marignon. And I do like the look of Biddyn so I can throw my vote in with that if we stay at six. Peliwyr for 8 players looks cooler though...join up people!

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2016, 03:00:50 pm »

I'd like to call dibs on MA Yomi aka. Shinuyama.

This thread seems to have the latest Worthy Heroes link:
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2631&st=0

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2016, 03:41:33 pm »

I don't really mind if we go with Worth Heroes 5.4, which you linked, or 5.5 here.  5.5's major changes were EA or LA, but there are a couple tweaks that would affect Vanarus and Ulm. 

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 03:45:01 pm »

I just searched for what I thought was the newest. Might as well go with the actual newest.

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2016, 05:38:53 pm »

I've no objections to worthy heroes for MA. I'm rather interested in playing C'tis in the likely even't the game is MA.

jking47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 09:12:40 pm »

Hey, I asked a friend of mine who I convinced to buy the game to join in. He is waiting for admin approval but he said his username is vangelic_surgeon, I just wanted to make sure he got in before we locked it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, he said he would like to play Asphodel

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 20 Back to Vanilla Closed sign ups, set up soon.
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2016, 06:50:37 am »

That took longer than I expected. I totally did not get distracted by other things in between me waking up and going to classes.

I'll say that vendric has until everyone else signs up to the llama server game before I go looking for a replacement. I'd like them to post on here before I get things live to know they would end up being involved with the thread at least. I've got exercise in a bit, then I'll set the llamaserver game up. We're going to go with 5.5 worthy heroes, on Snerdryn. Which might be big enough that we can have an extra player in if someone feels that they wanted to join this, but game will be live more or less when all players are accounted for that signed up here.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile

And a bump to say this is now live. make sure to send your pretenders to pretenders[ at ]llamaserver[ dot ]net. Subject should be the game name up top. Check this link for more info. It likely won't be an issue, but load up worthy heroes before making your pretender just in case!

vangelic surgeon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hi, im pretty new at dominion but id be interested in joining this game to see how long i can last. If you do decide to pick me i would prefer to play asphodel if it is not already taken.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arcoscephale (chaoticag) and Shinuyama (yours truly) are in.

I should probably start practising my expansion strats while the game is still being created :P

I also think it would be a good idea for chaoticag to send the admin pass to someone, just in case life happens. Sure we can send an email to llama and ask for it but that's always a hassle. I can volunteer, though I have no inclination to administrate this game unless it becomes necessary.

And another thing, what's our planned turn timer? I recall 28h working quite well in the past.

Hi, im pretty new at dominion but id be interested in joining this game to see how long i can last. If you do decide to pick me i would prefer to play asphodel if it is not already taken.

I don't think anyone objects, and I haven't read anyone claiming Asphodel yet either.

vangelic surgeon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

ok then should i send my pretender god to the server then?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27