Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Republic of New Guinea Design Thread (8 Engineers)  (Read 15520 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Republic of New Guinea Design Thread (8 Engineers)
« on: March 03, 2016, 12:24:09 pm »

Arms Race Hub Thread

International (Turn) Thread

========================================================
To: The Board of Weapons Design

Attached are all details of the weapons we have and their distribution amongst our military
forces.  As can be seen, we have limited variety for deployment, and many vastly outstrip
our current ability of production.  The Republic trusts that you will be able to solve these
issues rapidly.  If you do not, then there will be consequences.
========================================================

Spoiler: Deployment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 05:20:44 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Republic of New Guinea Design Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 12:38:22 pm »

AS-SP30: (1 Ore)(Personal, Small, General/Officer) An old Arstotzka-made 9mm semi-automatic pistol. It has a 10-round magazine and can fire quickly with moderate accuracy, at short range. Moderate stopping power. It is pretty reliable. It has a threaded barrel and can be fitted with a suppressor.
Thank God-Emperor it's not the AS-1909.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 12:48:34 pm »

Neither gods or emperors have anything to do with this.

Now, what shall we work on. Field guns? Upgunning the tank? Marksman rifles? working on the assault rifle?

I got some old documents here talking about a under barrel grenade launcher for our rifle that we could work on, give our troops slightly more tactical flexibility.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 09:30:32 am »

I got some old documents here talking about a under barrel grenade launcher for our rifle that we could work on, give our troops slightly more tactical flexibility.
+1 to that.
It'll be a good step towards our own panzerfist.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 09:48:01 am »

Honestly, I'm more wondering about our naval invasion capability, as seems it will be the main type of combat we will see in nearby future.
Aphibious tanks? Actual landing crafts?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 10:24:38 am »

We could just go for airmobile forces.

On the panzerfist comment, I am aiming for something thats actually useful. It probably wont be useful against tanks, however.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 03:48:34 pm »

Thank God-Emperor it's not the AS-1909.

Funnily enough, the AS-1909 is so outdated it isn't even within the war museum of the original Arms Race.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 04:52:50 pm »

I belive all of them were used as pavement for some of our roads. People feel strangely dissapointed and frustrated when using that road, despite there being no rational reason for that.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 05:00:52 pm »

Thought I may aswell write up my proposal, so here it is. Much of the early bit is fluff.

Also, I know something we may want to revise: Our AR. Mostly to give it more than a single top-mounted accessory rail, and to fix that gummy fire selector.

Spoiler: GLu-51 (click to show/hide)

-edit-

What, you mean we dident use them to make shells to fire at the enemy? Demoralization of the enemy and destruction of them at the same time!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 05:55:56 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 05:08:15 pm »

Spoiler: GLu-51 (click to show/hide)

Don't forget to add the target cost and the size of the Personal Equipment (Small, Medium, Large) that this is.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 05:15:27 pm »

What, you mean we dident use them to make shells to fire at the enemy? Demoralization of the enemy and destruction of them at the same time!
We tried that but all of those malfunctioned. We even tried to use them as melee weapons but it jammed and you couldn't hit anyone with it anymore... don't ask how that works.

On the more serious note - I am not really for the grenade launcher design, since we need more of assault transport to get from island to island... maybe a helicopter of sorts, so we can blast Ride Of The Valkyries out of it? I could see a Drache happening, or maybe a Flying Banana? Some kind of landing craft (hovercraft?)? Amphibious tanks or at least transport vehicles?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 06:01:33 pm »

What does the size mean for infantry stuff? Just, how large it is? Also, design updated slightly

Kot, I would head more for a Kolibri style design, since they are generally smaller and, atleast in case of the Fa 223, had more reliable powerplants. Plus, well, they look better to me.

However, we do have a complete lack of grenades and AT weapons, aswell as indirect fire for the infantry. Hopefully the GL can kill atleast three birds with one stone.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 06:20:23 pm »

Kot, I would head more for a Kolibri style design, since they are generally smaller and, atleast in case of the Fa 223, had more reliable powerplants. Plus, well, they look better to me.
Cannot carry shit. We need transport/assault helicopter, not an glorified artillery spotter/parachute.
However, we do have a complete lack of grenades and AT weapons, aswell as indirect fire for the infantry. Hopefully the GL can kill atleast three birds with one stone.
Grenades, AT weapons and indirect fire doesn't exactly mean anything if you can't get it on enemy soil. And honestly, I don't expect armoured vehicles being that much of a problem, considering where we are, grenades are surely a problem but as it was proven before that lack of them certainly doesn't stop infantry from being effective and indirect fire... with 350 meter direct fire sight? Sure, you could proably fire it "by feeling", but that doesn't seem optimal in any way.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 07:03:18 pm »

I said a Kolibri style design, not a direct copy.

Who the hell said anything about direct fire sights? It wouldn't have the muzzle velocity for direct fire at 50m, letalone 350. Hell, I cant even think of a direct fire man-portable grenade launcher.
 Getting stuff on enemy soil is an issue, yes. Keeping our soil is also an issue, and is the issue this is aimed at addressing.
 The primary purpose is not to take out armor, its to give infantry something resembling grenades or a mortar.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 08:03:24 pm »

I said a Kolibri style design, not a direct copy.
Eh, so you mean like intermeshing rotors? We will build ourselves a HH-43 Huskie, I'm okay with this.
Who the hell said anything about direct fire sights? It wouldn't have the muzzle velocity for direct fire at 50m, letalone 350. Hell, I cant even think of a direct fire man-portable grenade launcher.
Do you need line of sight to aim it? Yes, then it's direct fire. Literally all of the underslung grenade launchers, hell, almost all of man-portable grenade launchers are like that unless you're shooting without sights.
Getting stuff on enemy soil is an issue, yes. Keeping our soil is also an issue, and is the issue this is aimed at addressing.
There is a lot of neutral soil between us and them, and I belive that neutrals won't be very keen on attacking us first. What we need to do is to be as fast as possible and grab as much neutral soil as we can before they do.
The primary purpose is not to take out armor, its to give infantry something resembling grenades or a mortar.
And it's neither. Grenades are mostly used to clear out buildings and trenches and so on, while mortars take out enemies that are hidden behind shit at distance, while grenade launcher is mostly supression and hardpoint (as in, fortified MG position) destroying weapon.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15