Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gauging interest for Crab Castle Succession  (Read 2394 times)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gauging interest for Crab Castle Succession
« on: March 04, 2016, 02:49:33 pm »

don't mind me, I'm just seeing if any of you might be interested in playing a modded succession fortress as a race of sentient crabs. You might be asking just what sort of drug I've ingested but stay with me for a moment:

The crabs are intelligent, amphibious and about the size of bears. They move slowly and wear four pairs of boots. They really like thinking about the ocean, and the beach, and the sand, and digging little caves in the sand. They respect assertiveness and dexterous dancing, and never turn down a duel. They've developed their own variety of metal-tipped pincer sheaths. They also raise a domestic variety of enlarged sand flea.

Only problem is I haven't finished the mod yet. So just let me know if you would want to take part in something strange like this and I'll shoot you a message when it's ready. Also let me know if you have any ideas for a unique embark premise or perhaps an interesting take on what a crab civilization might look like, since it's still rather malleable how this turns out.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gauging interest for Crab Castle Succession
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 03:40:41 pm »

Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

Might as well have pineapple logs, in an ocean embark?

Shoot me a test world-gen link, or even a save, and I'll play. :)  I'm currently getting use to play in ASCII in 42.06 in CrackedWall, but this won't stop me from playing other saves.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 03:43:19 pm by Sanctume »

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 04:58:24 pm »

PTW (Also post the raws for your new race please)

Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

May I sig that?
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 05:13:37 pm »

PTW (Also post the raws for your new race please)

May I sig that?

Haha, sure.

I googled, "What eats crabs?"

Crabs live all over the world. Some kinds, or species, live in salt water, others live in fresh water. Some even spend all their time on dry land.

Most crabs have many natural enemies, or predators. Birds attack smaller crabs, sometimes carrying them high into the air and then dropping them on boulders to crack their shells.

Fish with powerful, shell-crunching jaws also eat crabs.

Many kinds of mammals, from seals to raccoons, also look forward to a crab dinner.

So, if we can get maybe some type avian civ (but make them no fly) as natural enemies.   
Or Racoon-mans?  Seal-mans? or Eel-mans?

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 02:12:04 pm »

Any news?  I'm curious about your steel-pincered dancing water cave bear crabs.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.