Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Completed] - 12Down - 7drl March 2016  (Read 1175 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
[Completed] - 12Down - 7drl March 2016
« on: March 04, 2016, 04:00:40 pm »

Complete!

This will be were I post about my attempt at making a 7drl this year. Not much planned beyond it being a vanilla roguelike at the moment as it will be the first roguelike I have made whole cloth instead of just warping a tutorial or what not. The 12 is how many levels you have to get through and the down is the direction you go. Nothing yet as I start Saturday.

Download of the zip folder with exe for Windows (works on 7)

Github Repo for 12Down

Github Repo for my Fov Implementation

Edit: Because of Bugs and errors I will not be able to make even half the monsters I wanted. With that in mind I will instead spend tomorrow on a bug hunt and such. Renamed to note the change in levels and monsters.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:43:44 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Roll to be Determined: I'm Running it!
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
Re: 26Down - 7drl March 2016
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 04:24:17 pm »

Good luck!

Also planning to 7drl this year. Depending on how many are planning to participate, maybe we should have a dedicated thread? (Of course, if it's only the two of us, individual threads will work, especially since I won't be showing off too much before it's finished)
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 05:41:21 pm »

I posted this thread mostly because the sign up for the 7drl required a url to where you will be posting updates.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 06:28:47 pm »

Oh, that's a good idea. I can probably use my twitter for that like last year.

And hopefully not self-destruct.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 06:36:04 pm »

I might have a twitter? Never really got into it so this will do just fine for me.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 02:15:17 pm »

Okay I have been working on the project for a little now and realized I hadn't posted the github link here. Just getting the base stabilized right not. I have the window areas setup, the mapgen is working, and fov is fine. Though the @ isn't walking yet as I want to implement that properly.

https://github.com/Akhier/26Down

Also for those interested here is a link to the python implementation of Fov that I am using:
https://github.com/Akhier/Py-RecursiveShadowCasting

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 12:30:49 am »

Finishing for the day  (technically yesterday but whatever). Got a few things working today. Mostly background stuff though. I am hoping to get the rest of the foundation done tomorrow then spend the rest of the week on making monsters, items, and AI stuff.

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 12:37:27 pm »

If only i would actually not give up to learn programming after reading ten minutes and die of boredom in a tutorial...
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 03:05:24 pm »

Programming is definitely not for everyone. A little knowledge of it is a good thing to have but if it doesn't trip your trigger then no harm no foul.

In other news I have an @ walking around the screen now. It even respects the walls of the dungeon and has a Fov.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 01:49:33 am »

Okay the game is technically playable now. Just need to have the end condition so you can win. I need to add 50ish more monsters. The monster placement needs to be tweaked. But yeah, besides that mostly done. This actually means I am about where I expected to be so that is good.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 02:04:55 am »

First 4 levels seem working. Just need the rest of the monsters and it is good (plus polish).

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 11:13:28 pm »

The balance isn't so that's a thing. Anyway I have 6 monsters in the game. If I make 5 a day then I can work on that balance on friday. Also Save and Load probably won't end up going in because meh. Maybe friday I can work on it but the way I learned in the tutorial (python's shelve) doesn't work with the AI for my game.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 11:26:40 pm »

Didn't add enough creatures today because of not getting to sleep last night. Tomorrow, hopefully I can power through and make 16 creatures (not likely but I can dream).

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: 12Down - 7drl March 2016
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2016, 12:12:38 am »

Okay as I noted in the op I won't get enough monsters because a problem came up. My decision was to complete this by reducing the scope to the amount of creatures I did have so tomorrow I can focus on a good ol fashion bug hunt.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: [Completed] - 12Down - 7drl March 2016
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2016, 07:24:55 pm »

The game has been complete! Get a zip folder with an exe for windows here!

(May still have bugs. Report them on github, please and thank you)
Pages: [1] 2