Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [42.06]Zesit'mesir, Story of a very Harsh Reality[Community Fortress]  (Read 3047 times)

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile

Well, I have some time on my hands at the present and I want to play some DF, so I am setting this one up. It was supposed to have a minor mod in to enable a special rule but I screwed up the tags so we are playing more or less vanilla, apart from one rule. The Blooding, an event in dwarf life when he/she first enters adulthood they are required to take a random weapon and kill a random thing in one on one combat to prove they are worthy of living.

Originally I wanted to use daggers for that, but I used the wrong tag while trying to allow dwarves to craft those, oh well, shyte happens, I have devised another method of choosing the weapon for the poor bastards: the d6. So, they can get lucky, and have a steel battle axe against a bunny... or a wooden bow with no ammo against a cave dragon... I plan for the Blooding to happen year after a dwarf reaches adulthood, but adults with no kills to their names will have to go through it as well... in other words, I expect this to add some extra excitement and fun into this game.

I have rendered a large world with medium amount of civs, very short history and everything else cranked to the max apart from resources that were set to very sparse. Feel free to apply for a dwarf, all are welcome.

Spoiler: Dorf List (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World and site (click to show/hide)

Oh, and I am not using Dwarf Therapist for this one for now, want to see how long it takes before I break.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 10:49:46 pm by exodius1 »
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
Re: [42.06]Zesit'masir, Story of a very Harsh Reality[Community Fortress]
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 10:37:48 pm »

Spoiler: Intro (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 10:42:22 pm by exodius1 »
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.