Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 103876 times)

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« on: March 06, 2016, 09:28:12 pm »

looks like its finally coming out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed8tDwuKphY

looks like an upgraded m&b with lots of customization.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 09:43:11 pm »

While we were using the Mount & Blade thread to discuss the updates to the game, as it's not released yet, I'm not opposed to a new topic. Unfortunately there's not much to say aside from speculating and commenting on what's been released until the game is actually in our hands. With that said I have yet to watch the video, which I'll go do now.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 09:59:33 pm »

This is my most anticipated game of 2016 beating out Black Desert and The Division, both games that gave me nerd boners.

This video has made me jump on the hype train and strap myself down with iron chains. Choo choo, muthafuckers!

PTW.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 10:01:17 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 10:29:25 pm »

PTW and to say that supposedly the first version of Bannerlord will hit in late 2016.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 10:36:02 pm »

PTW
It's FEF, not FEOF

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 10:50:15 pm »

Okay, watching the video. The game does look prettier but it seems a bit more 'brown' than Warband. Not a huge deal but still noticeable.
I hope that character customization is a thing you can do mid-game, minus changing gender (gender matters quite a bit in Calradia). In Warband you could change your face whenever you wanted after character creation.

I'm noticing that swing speed and thrust speed for weapons are now separate statistics, and weapons have a lot more statistics in general now. Not to mention the whole crafting thing making it possible for many unique looking weapons. It'd be cool if you found some swords on your fallen enemies, and they're all the same type of sword but have different features (pommel, crossguard, etc.) to make things less samey. There is even an inspect screen so you can look at your shiny gear. It'd be better if they included something for scale in that screen.

There is now a fast forward button directly on the overworld.
When you start a battle the default tactic for your troops isn't "charge at enemy until dead" anymore.
The enemy AI knows when they're outnumbered and need to hold high ground, and when they're on the defensive they will make you come to them.
Ordering your troops now shows flags showing the approximate location your troops will occupy, which is pretty great.
The battle continues even after you die get knocked out by an axe to your skull.
You can get an idea of how a battle is going via a 'score screen' of sorts.
You can now actually compare equipment so you can see if what you're about to equip is better than what is already equipped.

This is only what's coming from the dev's mouth, haven't seen it in the video, but apparently units will 'push' at each other passively. I'm not 100% sure what this means for gameplay unless I see it in action. If it is what I think it is then it's a pretty neat feature. I always figured that people should have a 'personal space' in which they allow friendlies to move through freely but prevent hostiles from moving through so that moving around feels better, especially in tighter spaces. Essentially a collision box specifically for friendlies that is a bit smaller than normal yet a bit bigger for enemies.

Apparently defeating enemy lords actually serves a purpose aside from bringing them down to 0 troops for a while. Now they actually have to use the game's dynamic economy to raise troops and funds. An economy which you can screw with and make things even harder for them, even.

So, at the moment, I really wish they used the weapon crafting for more than weapons. Personalized armor would be pretty great, especially if you could make armor that's better against slashing, piercing, or blunt weapons depending on if you knew an opponent uses a lot of a certain weapon type. Aside from that everything looks good so far.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 12:12:48 am »

HYPE!

And now I want to play as a criminal who makes it his lifes mission to troll the absolute balls off of one lord forever.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 12:23:47 am »

Really looking forward to it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 01:23:26 am »

Hey, I liked Bannerlord before it was cool and bought M&B when it was 0.497. *adjusts hipster glasses and twirls mustache* Anyway, I hope Bannerlord holds up to the expectations and I hope they've made multiplayer more interesting.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 02:08:54 am »

I can't wait to see what they've done with multiplayer myself. Supposedly M&B2 will be easier to mod than the originals, so I expect to see some really cool multiplayer stuff. I am curious how easy it will be to mod in 'vehicles' and such that don't behave like reskinned horses.
I also want to know what kind of 'expansions' the game will have. Will there be an updated Napoleonic Wars, for example? Perhaps a gamemode where you 'control' a section of the army with the movement keys as if they were one unit and have line battles that way?

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but yeah... multiplayer should be great with mods... it's just a question as to how good it will be in native. Have they even really discussed multiplayer that much?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 02:36:06 am »

I want to see multiplayer where two people can have parties and travel around in the same world.

Dynamic economy sounds delicious, much nicer than beat king -> king comes back with 10000000 dudes -> beat king again -> king comes back with another 100000000000 dudes -> etc.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 03:20:42 am »

There are mods for Warband where you host a multiplayer match when you get into battle and your friends can join as your companions. I don't know how easy it would be to have two or more players roaming around the same map simultaneously given how the game pauses every time you stop, unless you want the game to keep running while in the party menu etc. which could become troublesome especially when trying to run away from bad guys.

The way Strategus handled it was it was a sort of realtime-ish 2d map but you'd essentially manage a couple things then tell your party to move somewhere, then it would take them a few real-time hours to get anywhere (so check back next day basically). When a battle occurred a notification gets posted and people have the option to join the battle and pick a side for about a day or so. Then when the battle is scheduled you got the ~100 people together (depending on the battle size) and each side has access to the equipment that party carried, and the troop size dictated how many respawns were available.

It was a pretty clumsy way of doing things and it wasn't exactly ideal, but it's the closest thing I've seen that was "singleplayer Mount & Blade with multiplayer." Plus the way Warband can even handle ~100 players a server or more and not be horrendously laggy at all times is still impressive to me.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 01:23:35 pm »

Kinda amusing how for all the early indications they were about to do some sweeping changes, in the end it's essentially old M&B, except prettier and with some neat features and a lot of integrated popular mod features.

I'm not complaining, mind you - that means it's still keeping the good parts and improving on them, and is not a whole different animal.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 01:32:48 pm »

That cavalry charge, wow. I wonder what the max unit limit will be like for a decent system.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 01:54:34 pm »

Kinda amusing how for all the early indications they were about to do some sweeping changes, in the end it's essentially old M&B, except prettier and with some neat features and a lot of integrated popular mod features.

I'm not complaining, mind you - that means it's still keeping the good parts and improving on them, and is not a whole different animal.

From what they've said, the biggest changes will be in how sieges and such work, which is something that can only improve from Warband.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 62