Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 105289 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2018, 10:47:34 pm »

So basically Adventure Mode but with M&B type graphics and gameplay?

Pretty close to that, yeah.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 18, 2018, 02:52:47 pm »

Hired? You mean conscripted, right?

more like indentured servitude.

we're all paid in random loot boxes that may or may not contain salary. each one costs 90% of your usual check and they're mandatory, like most places that have direct deposit. 

most times i get a key for a 20% discount on a skin in a game i haven't (or don't want to) buy. inflation pushed the price of Mass Effect Virgo Stellar Stream to $120 USD.

In the future, the EA draft took most of us into the Great DRM War. Thankfully, it was the DRM war to end all DRM wars, so nothing to worry about!

sidenote: the Pro DRM side won. you need to literally walk to your nearest EA compliance office to activate the code manually. it costs 20$ and needs to be renewed every month.

the least realistic part of this post is the idea of inflation

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 22, 2018, 04:21:06 pm »

New Bannerlord trailer from Gamescom 2018

Direct your attention to 1:50... that was definitely two people felled with a single axe-swipe.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 22, 2018, 04:26:28 pm »

Look's like it's time to git gud again.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 22, 2018, 04:38:04 pm »

IGN also has 6 minutes of early game gameplay up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTVKMcWu_CE

And I think there is a half hour clip with more gameplay and an interview from some other site, but I can't remember which. The game's looking cool, but I doubt it'll be out this year.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 22, 2018, 05:23:32 pm »

Good thing Warband still holds up with mods.

Still, this is looking good. Like a proper iteration of the game, which is pretty much exactly what I'm hoping for. Would be nice to see more of the late game, though. I'm hoping there is more keep you engaged as a vassal and/or running a kingdom than in Warband.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 22, 2018, 08:27:04 pm »

At this point is just feels like Taleworlds is teasing us with how we can't play the game yet.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 22, 2018, 08:32:46 pm »

At this point is just feels like Taleworlds is teasing us with how we can't play the game yet.

Gotta bring the hype train up to speed to crash into cash cow station, y'know?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 22, 2018, 08:53:29 pm »

I think we will all be dead by the time this comes out...

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 22, 2018, 09:14:36 pm »

im so hyped about what little i've seen that when people say bannerlord, i get all "FUCK YEAH" and have the strongest urge to play warband.

while we're on the subject of mount and blade in general, what's everyone's favorite mods?

i like viking conquest, the dlc/mod made by the same people who made brytenwalda, a really good early medieval era mod.

i also like nova aetas, a massive vanilla plus mod that adds the ability to settle a new area thats populated by hostile tribesmen.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 22, 2018, 09:36:01 pm »

I was on a Warsword Conquest binge for a few days earlier this month. Apparently it's getting a massive update in a month or two, though.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 23, 2018, 08:05:34 am »

the 1200 mod was really fun... as for multiplayer, Mount & Musket was baller, NW was great but MM was where it was at.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 23, 2018, 08:58:17 am »

There was some Chinese-translated mod, 'Light and Darkness' I think, that added in stamina and dashing that was nice.  Also had a hilariously overpowered troop tree for villager women that gave them a really strong triple-shot crossbow.  Arrowstorm is my favorite tactic, so I enjoyed that.

Gekokujo is pretty cool too.  Warring States period Japan mod.  I didn't really like the change that lumps bowmen and gunners together, but samurai battles to Touhou metal is pretty great.

I can't remember what it was called, but there was one other mod, too.  It let me start as a Rebel, which made all the lords hate me, but all the villages and cities love me, and I remember it mostly because it was the only playthrough I really ever had enough strength to take on cities and lords.  There were axeguns and riflespears and my army was mostly successful because I had dudes hauling around these like rad hwacha rocket launcher things, and I think a couple months in demons appeared, and I whooped some and stole a sickass demon horse and like a Revan mask or something.  Good times.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2018, 09:10:54 am »

I liked the GoT mod.
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2018, 09:38:29 am »

It's alright. What I kept finding was every faction I joined would start getting the screws put to them. I sweated it out as a Lannister Soldier for a long time before getting a promotion, and spent most of the game following lesser Lannister lords around while they get their shit pushed in, meanwhile Tywin was off somewhere with half the Lannister army doing who knows what the fuck.

Every time I play M&B I wanna join a house or faction but always end up being an independent mercenary. Easier to make money, easier to move around, and you rarely get backed in to a corner like you do whenever you're playing as a faction.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 62