Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 103906 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #240 on: September 25, 2018, 03:59:34 pm »

In other vague news there's been some stuff put up on the chopping block.

Most notably, you will no longer be raising castles in villages. That bit of dynamic gameplay is going bye bye.

Secondly they don't know if coop will be happening anymore. They'd like to do it, but have said it will take the form of a second player commanding armies during battles, but having no real input or action on the world map. So basically if it happens, the most you'll be doing is bringing along a buddy for battles and assigning them some troops to command. Still better than nothing I suppose.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 25, 2018, 04:02:27 pm »

How exactly would co-op work otherwise? Just have the game constantly unpaused? And if a battle starts does the other player take command of one of the sergeants in the battling army?

Hopefully all the effort they had put into getting mods to function better will allow the possibility of co-op stuff after release, even if unofficially.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 25, 2018, 04:13:49 pm »

ptw
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 25, 2018, 06:26:06 pm »

Gameplay for a second player would probably be 'watch videos on your phone until in a scene or a battle' but it would be nice to have other guys to foist Leader skills onto.  Maybe they could increase your party size by a little bit - maybe 1 per CHA and howevermuch Leadership gives - and then all those units are paid for by the main player, but commanded in battles by the second player, and stuff?  So multiplayer guys could command little squads of their own dudes, while the mainguy does the main army.  Transfer dudes in and out of their squads too or something.

It'd kinda be like Freelancer 2.0 I guess.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 29, 2018, 12:24:43 pm »

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/87

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/89

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/91

more blog updates, holy shit. so there will be children and dynasties, settlement management improvements with the ability to set them to auto upgrade, and a persuasion system that tracks what you do and events within the game.

this game is slowly becoming the only thing i want in video games
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 29, 2018, 12:30:26 pm »

All the strategic layer things are really lovely to have, but the game will succeed or fail based on how good the combat is. Back in the day M&B was the first game where mounted combat felt "right" and fun. I hope it can become the new standard in melee combat games again, with and without mounts.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 29, 2018, 12:40:43 pm »

Maybe we'll get to play it in 2019...
But I said the same thing about 2018
We have be close...

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 29, 2018, 12:48:53 pm »

Cool, a new thing for my usual campaign to-do list.

- Replace the swadian king
- Turn harmless Ymira into the most powerful person on the continent, for the lulz
- Exterminate the Khanate (seriously, screw mounted archers)
- Have a child from every available lord / with every available lady
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 29, 2018, 01:07:23 pm »

The wait is long, but damn if they don't seem to be adding in a lot of cool stuff.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 29, 2018, 04:13:25 pm »

I'm certainly ready to run down fake Rome with my psuedo-Slavic Sturgian bros.

I really have to wonder how many generations you'll go through in a typical game considering that now the years go by faster. I don't remember which dev diary it's in, but they reduced the amount of days in a year significantly. I can't remember if every month is 15 days now or if every season is 15, but either way I imagine we'll be seeing tons of people dying of old age.

Edit: Found it. Apparently every year is 84 days, which seems a decent pace?  Probably best to just stab dudes you don't like instead of waiting for them to keel over though.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 04:22:58 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 16, 2019, 08:22:08 am »

(I know this is for Bannerlord, but as bannerlord isn't out yet, and the Warband thread is pretty old, I'm posting it here.)

Recently I've been having a little problem/doubt, one that I couldn't get help on the Taleworlds forum nor the Steam Discussion.
Here's the story:

On my last gameplay, I've been trying a different aproach. I wanted to start a couple enterprises, and make the most ou of little. I went around and started 3 Dyeworks (Rivacheg, Curaw and Khudan) Rivacheg already gives lots of profit by itself, so I let it go Idle. As for the others, I usually try to buy cheap Raw Silk in Rivacheg, and Cheap Dyes with the Sarranid. Then I come back and put the supplies in my enterprises. The point is: I came to curaw, and stocked 2 batches of silk and 4 batches of dyes. Theoretically, It should be fully stocked for the next 2 weeks, and partially stocked for the 3 weeks after that. Ok, time passes, there's the weekly budget, 1900 denars from curaw, the stock is working. But once I got back to curaw and checked it's inventory, it was all gone! Everything! What happened to all those supplies? Shouldn't it have used only 1 batch of each? Or does it uses more than 1? Or is it a bug?
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 17, 2019, 12:11:40 am »

aw, you had me excited.

in theory, its supposed to take 1 of each. it may have absorbed them in advance. most people don't directly invest supplies to their enterprises so this could be a bug that flew under the radar.

aside from X4, which im letting get patched before i buy, this is the only game im actively watching and want

another blog update: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/92

its about the conversation menu and camera. this has gotta be one of the last things on their list right? i mean, usually UI is one of the last things on the checklist. my hype has literally ascended to lunacy.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 12:15:30 am by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 17, 2019, 06:13:29 pm »

I think Bannerlord is tying in their release date with Star Citizen

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 17, 2019, 11:42:11 pm »

They said in Gamescom the beta would be available this year. We'll see if that comes true. I think it's pretty likely, but I won't be shocked if it doesn't.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 18, 2019, 02:20:11 am »

I'm certainly ready to run down fake Rome with my psuedo-Slavic Sturgian bros.

I really have to wonder how many generations you'll go through in a typical game considering that now the years go by faster. I don't remember which dev diary it's in, but they reduced the amount of days in a year significantly. I can't remember if every month is 15 days now or if every season is 15, but either way I imagine we'll be seeing tons of people dying of old age.

Edit: Found it. Apparently every year is 84 days, which seems a decent pace?  Probably best to just stab dudes you don't like instead of waiting for them to keel over though.

The dynasty system reminds me a lot of the old Microprose game Sword of the Samurai, which is a really good thing as I loved that system.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 62