Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 104842 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #255 on: January 18, 2019, 06:40:00 am »

(I know this is for Bannerlord, but as bannerlord isn't out yet, and the Warband thread is pretty old, I'm posting it here.)

Recently I've been having a little problem/doubt, one that I couldn't get help on the Taleworlds forum nor the Steam Discussion.
Here's the story:

On my last gameplay, I've been trying a different aproach. I wanted to start a couple enterprises, and make the most ou of little. I went around and started 3 Dyeworks (Rivacheg, Curaw and Khudan) Rivacheg already gives lots of profit by itself, so I let it go Idle. As for the others, I usually try to buy cheap Raw Silk in Rivacheg, and Cheap Dyes with the Sarranid. Then I come back and put the supplies in my enterprises. The point is: I came to curaw, and stocked 2 batches of silk and 4 batches of dyes. Theoretically, It should be fully stocked for the next 2 weeks, and partially stocked for the 3 weeks after that. Ok, time passes, there's the weekly budget, 1900 denars from curaw, the stock is working. But once I got back to curaw and checked it's inventory, it was all gone! Everything! What happened to all those supplies? Shouldn't it have used only 1 batch of each? Or does it uses more than 1? Or is it a bug?

No idea but my first attempt at troubleshooting would see how the price is over the next few weeks. If at some point the revenue plummets, then you know it used all the stock.

Seamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Which way to the Egress?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 14, 2019, 02:18:43 am »

Goodness, it seems as though this game is never going to come out.  How many more of these tantalizing bite-sized dev blogs am I going to have to read to sate my desire?!  What are they building in there?!
"One should behave like a gentleman when dealing with gentlemen, and a bastard when dealing with bastards."

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 14, 2019, 01:05:11 pm »

CK2, but with the ability to personally cave someone's skull in.
An open world RPG.
A medieval battle simulator.

And probably some other descriptors you could throw in.

Anticipation over 9000.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 30, 2019, 11:33:32 am »

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 30, 2019, 01:06:53 pm »

Link to relevant official blog post

Quote from: Relevant block of text
Of course Skirmish mode, like other multiplayer modes, is still under development and there is still a lot of work needed to fine tune and balance everything. To do this more efficiently, we are planning to carry out a closed multiplayer beta where we hope to get help and feedback from members of our community.

We realise that this overview of Skirmish has probably raised a lot of questions about multiplayer in general, especially for Warband veterans. However, fear not! We will discuss much more about multiplayer in future blogs, including Bannerlord’s new class system, matchmaking, additional game modes, and, of course, details about the upcoming closed beta!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 20, 2019, 03:22:20 pm »

https://youtu.be/yCk6Jk7DvrA

It's coming to Early Access in March

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 20, 2019, 03:46:52 pm »

Early access. After SO many years of development. Kind of a bad joke, no?
Probably won't leave early access, ever. They might just stop calling it that but damn, this stinks of eternal beta.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 20, 2019, 03:50:36 pm »

I'm sad that they're only going to have a skirmish mode, multiplayer in March.  That isn't really the part of the game that I care about, at all.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 20, 2019, 04:13:16 pm »

I wonder if they'd just said "no" to Multiplayer if we'd already have the game by now. Considering none of their other games had MP up to this point, I'm wondering if a lot of their time has been spent just figuring that out.

Also yeah. Not encouraged by the decision to go in to Early Access.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 20, 2019, 05:08:35 pm »

Warband has multiplayer, and from what I can tell it's quite popular.

People speculate that a few years after development began they had to scrap everything and start over.

Also how they're trying to make everything about the game be moddable in some way and have as little hardcoded stuff as possible.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 20, 2019, 07:52:01 pm »

I stand corrected.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 20, 2019, 08:40:07 pm »

Yea, for the record people are STILL playing Warband multiplayer, it was wildly popular in its prime, with dozens of mods hosting servers with upwards of 100 players (CRPG, Ultimate Invasion, Viking Invasion, Mount & Musket, the various RPG mods, and et al.) (GKsiege and various NW events regularly reached the 200 max limit) not to mention the still somewhat popular vanilla.

I didn't play Chivalry, but Mordhau and any other of the timing based melee games are just so bleh in comparison to the simple but powerful combat of Warband. While I love the singleplayer, I'm mostly looking forward to being able to play with tons of people with that combat system again.

I'm super worried about skirmish as it really feels more commercial than what made Warband MP so fun (part of which was having such an awesome rogues gallery of mods and servers). So we'll see, I'm certainly concerned about both the longevity of EA and the quality of the MP.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

newsamsam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 20, 2019, 08:51:55 pm »

I wish they carry invasion mode over bannerlords multiplayer soon after some patches and updates.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 21, 2019, 06:49:51 am »

so it definitely looks like warlord + bloom and particle effects. is there any information around on what new features will be in SP&MP? combat just seems more of the same, which is fine since it was very good to begin with, but a bunch post processing eye candy seems a lackluster presentation of the product, especially since the issues with the rigid animation, lack of animation variety and lifelessness of the npc are all still there. 

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #269 on: August 21, 2019, 07:36:08 am »

Seems like they forgot to include an explicit NDA in with beta codes, so at least one streamer got a full hour of multiplayer onto twitch before the request to stop came in.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 62