Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 104882 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #270 on: August 21, 2019, 10:46:58 am »

Bah, the only thing I care about is the singleplayer campaign.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #271 on: August 21, 2019, 03:04:03 pm »

Considering the original Mount & Blade was early access through their site for something like four years (I remember playing it when there was only one town called Zendar and most of the game's features or art assets didn't exist yet), I don't see how their new game going Early Access is any surprise.

If their development cycle is anything like the original Mount & Blade, we'll have a fun game to play all along the way as it develops and a complete game a few years from now.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 21, 2019, 03:35:18 pm »

I guess after this many games with this much success, I was hoping they'd moved beyond the original M&B levels of release jank.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 21, 2019, 07:29:36 pm »

TBH if they didn't do multiplayer I wouldn't even consider buying. I lived for 100+ player siege servers on Warband.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Chaosegg

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch what is done more than what is said.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 14, 2019, 09:50:21 pm »

TBH if they didn't do multiplayer I wouldn't even consider buying. I lived for 100+ player siege servers on Warband.
Did you play the CRPG servers? I think I must have put thousands of hours into those... good times when the pings were stable/similar... but there was something a bit off about the netcode in that game I think, so lately I have been playing the Middle-Earth warband mod: Last Days of the 3rd Age, which is excellent (single player).
***Likes 'green' airships for their efficiency.***
Creative seeking other creative TTRPGers to join, or join me, for  immersive, fun, creative, team-crafted stories. Setting flexible; mostly sci-fi &/or fantasy (I know SW, MiddleEarth, DnD, & ST best, but Ulisses Spiele & Cypher System high on list too. There are a few other niche sys. like DCC, a homebrew 3.5 or Pathfndr I/II; But at this point I'd even DM or play a well-run 5e game. Let the ideas flow, and never forget the 4 pillars of an RPG!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 15, 2019, 09:01:00 am »

I know you weren't asking me, but I played cRPG myself (on the NA servers). It was one of the most fun (and infuriating) times I've had playing video games. I played for at least a year straight, which is quite something for me considering my tendency to hop between a few games due to my attention span. I never really got good at it, but I'd say I was... above average I guess? I never really used the 'meta' weapons or armor, preferring to use the pike (later renamed "longspear" after they added in an actual pike) to support my teammates. I remember for a long while there was a bug where an overhead swing with that weapon would go straight through your teammates and hit the enemy which was extremely exploitable.

I found a cool group of people to play with (they called themselves "Eastern Tsardom") but I suspect one of the main reasons they let me play was because they thought me raging was funny. I will admit, the rage is one of the reasons I try to avoid competitive games, but cRPG (and Planetside 2) both somehow captivated me despite being competitive in nature.

Also, there was a sub-gamemode called Rageball which was pretty damn fun and could have become its own mod in all likelihood. Maybe in Bannerlord.....?

E: you also have to consider that often times there were 100+ people in a server at a time so it's kind've a miracle that they ran as well as they did.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 09:07:34 am by Ozyton »

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 25, 2020, 07:52:20 pm »

by the power of hype, THREAD NECROOOOOOOoooo

its literally only 4 weeks away and someone just recently reminded me of this while i was at work and now its risen to the top of my attention span.
do not let the lowercase letters fool you, im at levels of hype i havent felt since fallout 4. i hyped so much i must have watched the final trailers for it over 100 times a week. and while fo4 was only ok-mediocre at release, it fulfilled most of my hopes and mods fixed what was left.

bannerlord, however, has set my hype to omegaalphamax levels. whats funny though is even though im super excited, im not expecting anything more than warband with fancier graphics. i know the blogs said so much, but experience has made me temper down my hopes to what i can deduce will be in from gameplay footage and from warband. still has me christmas-morning when you're 8 yrs old hyped.

relevant hype train related image:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 25, 2020, 08:10:56 pm »

I still play Phantasy Calradia a lot . TBH itīs like a lightweight fictorum in a way. I particularily like assaulting castles after getting fireball because you ramp up xp like crazy. If you have some wizards with you (Or have risen some death knights) you basically blast forts clean with fire.

BTW: I kind of favor Guspavīs original over the 2018 guy. He did polish some things a bit but... eh. 0.723 is funnier to play.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 26, 2020, 12:44:43 am »

I think the only other time I've been as hyped in the past 10 years is when I picked up my Vive.  I have 1123 hours in Warband.  I have trouble enjoying the melee combat in most action/adventure games because of it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 26, 2020, 06:19:49 am »

Warband is one of those games that I still lose hours to. It's always riveting to me, and I think I spent half my university years claiming Calradia for the Rhodoks.

I played plenty of mods. Nova Aetas was a big one and is still what I think of for Bannerlord. Basically more systems, more options, but at the base, the same game. I'll be enjoying it by proxy, though, as I don't have a capable computer.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 26, 2020, 07:54:04 am »

Will early access include single player or will it just be multiplayer at first?
Love, scriver~

dehimos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 26, 2020, 10:55:44 am »

Both.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/261550/Mount__Blade_II_Bannerlord/
Singleplayer Features: Several planned single player features may be missing or incomplete. These include but are not limited to: full game controller support, some skill and perk effects, crafting, some aspects of sieges, and clan, army and kingdom management.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 26, 2020, 11:54:37 am »

Blegh, will have to wait for it to finally come out of early access then.

Also, I am a shite melee player, so AI fighting smartness will be lvl 1.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 26, 2020, 12:20:42 pm »

Yeah. I really don't want to spoil my impressions of Bannerlord by getting in to Early Access when it's still janky and broken. As much as I want to play it, I've tempered my expectations many times since its announcement, and I don't see any reason to undercut them further by jumping in to Early Access.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 26, 2020, 02:13:50 pm »

I mean, I was with the original since it was first broken and janky, so... ;)
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 62