Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 104794 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2016, 09:37:50 pm »

As for formations, the 'pushing' they mentioned might make formations viable, bnut I don't know if it'll be limited to rectangles or how in-depth it could get.
There was a point in the video, right after the cavalry charged him, where I could swear I saw horses being knocked over the battle line, like it was charging a solid wall.
Maybe that was an optical illusion or wishful thinking, but if what I saw IS representative then that bodes well for stopping cavalry charges as infantry.

Also hoping we get vanilla spear bracing.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2016, 09:55:22 pm »

I'm pretty sure you could use the mouse to position people too, at least that's the way I always did it. I think you have to hold the function key down.

From what I remember, you could either bring up a semi opaque battle map that you could click on to move arrows representing units around, or you could hold down, say, F1, which would hover a flag over the landscape then let go of F1 to position the group represented by F1 at that location. Your units always face the enemies centre so your lines might end up moving through each other if the enemy does that circle maneuvering tactic.

I remember that with two A.I. controlled armies. They would line up and edge around in a spiral until they were within throwing distance, then charge.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2016, 11:18:08 pm »

Oh hey, Bannerlord. Haven't been checking on it for a while and I'd kinda forgotten about it. Cool.

To be honest, I wasn't ever really any good with the actual "strategy" part of M&B, like issuing commands and such. Generally speaking I only ever legitimately won battles through sheer numbers. I can't even imagine how many little virtual people I led to an early grave.

Really excited for this! :D
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2016, 01:18:21 am »

Really, I'm kind of disappointed in what I've seen.
But then again, I also have no idea what I was expecting. Still very excited and Bannerlord will be a day 1 buy, but I just wish it could, well, innovate? more.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 03:51:14 am by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2016, 01:38:43 am »

Yeah, BL seems like M&B with better graphics and popular mods included. I don't know what I expected, but something more. I hope at least we get moving, capturable spawn points in multiplayer.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2016, 03:35:35 am »

To be honest, I wasn't ever really any good with the actual "strategy" part of M&B, like issuing commands and such.
Probably because the strategy part was never very good. Usually just "stick your archers on the hill and your horsies on the flat, then run at the enemy until everyone on one side is dead"
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2016, 03:54:28 am »

enthusiastic about:

affecting stability of towns by eliminating criminal elements and introducing police forces -- or introducing your own criminal elements.  I anticipate that moders will go crazy on this kind of stuff to build up the industry / trade / civics portion of the game.

could care less about:

playing as Arnie, Einstein, or Putin.  Is the super-custom avatar appearance so much of a selling point above other features, that it deserves that kind of development effort and resource consumption?

little bit let down about:

weapon customization.  Does not look like you can put polearm heads on sword handles, or sword blades on poles, or any other non-standard combination.  Looks like the earlier demo of more granular tweaks to width and length are out, and now you can just tweak "size" of each component.

Probably cant make FFVII style swords...

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2016, 06:46:54 am »

The avatar customization and detail isn't something thats supposed to wow us, its something thats supposed to prevent people from going "why does this garbage look worse than oblivion".

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2016, 07:06:18 am »

Did Oblivion look bad? 

I feel like they could even regress the graphics a bit if it let them put more intelligence into the battles and life into the world. 

But I guess lots of people play it for the one-man-vs-army kinds of battles, and so maybe I'm in the minority for wanting more Crusader Kings 2 style politics and Eve / X3 style economics.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2016, 07:14:34 am »

Character customization is something people would complain about if it didn't exist and something people will use to create outrageous portraits, then paste them all over teh internets -> free marketing.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2016, 09:21:07 am »

What I hope for is an updated Viking Conquest DLC, because I have about 100 hours logged into that bad boy. It's awesome. Only complaint would be "The Vikings aren't developed enough". Denmark has no islands and is just Jutland (the peninsula on top of Germany) when IRL it's mostly the islands, there's only a tiny bit of Norway, which wasn't unified at this point, and Sweden is totally missing. But I like the story mode inclusion and I had a ton of fun playing as a Danish Viking and a Saxon lord.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2016, 01:01:49 pm »

TBH the more I look at BL, the more it just looks like straight M&B 2.0. Which is ok. I just got the impression that it would be...more differenter. But the UI, animations, cities really are just a cleaned up version of M&B. Right down to the "That one guy who is always standing in that one spot in every inn."
I'm honestly cool with that. I love M&B already, so "M&B, but prettier, more complex, and with a bunch of problems fixed" sounds great.

Oh hey, Bannerlord. Haven't been checking on it for a while and I'd kinda forgotten about it. Cool.

To be honest, I wasn't ever really any good with the actual "strategy" part of M&B, like issuing commands and such. Generally speaking I only ever legitimately won battles through sheer numbers. I can't even imagine how many little virtual people I led to an early grave.

Really excited for this! :D
Hehe. I always won with Nord infantry, Rhodok crossbowmen, and running around kiting with a lance and bow. Kill their cav first and you can slowly grind down anything as long as you're not a siege attacker.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2016, 02:24:12 pm »

im glad its just M&B 2.0, im pretty tired of having all of my favorite franchises reinvented and therefore ruined (diablo, hitman, etc..).

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2016, 02:32:27 pm »

im glad its just M&B 2.0, im pretty tired of having all of my favorite franchises reinvented and therefore ruined (diablo, hitman, etc..).

Can't wait for Mount & Musket 2!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2016, 05:25:39 pm »

Probably cant make FFVII style swords...
One word. Mods.

They're not going to cater your ridiculous need of fantasy swords, no offense. But there will probably be mods for parts.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 62