Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 105258 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #450 on: April 04, 2020, 10:31:35 pm »

There is a "no underwear" mod on the Nexus right now. All my characters wear sensible clothing, so I didn't install it.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 04, 2020, 11:22:23 pm »

Mods are mostly on Nexus, although you can find a bunch of the old ambitious Warband modders setting up their pages on ModDB.

EDIT: Woo! Finally reach 1k net denars per day w/ various investments--AFTER paying my 400 denar daily salary. Planning some kind of revolt against the Southern Empire, which is DANGEROUSLY CLOSE to steamrolling, but stopped at the edges of the calradian heartland. Vlandia, Sturgia, and Khuzaits are doing pretty good--Aserai and Battanians got gutted, and the Northern Empire was... vassalized after declaring war on us. The Western Empire got sweeped like day one--their Emperor still running around partying tho.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 12:04:18 am by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 05, 2020, 01:05:58 am »

Thanks! I assumed it was too early to be a nexus but I see I was wrong ;)

Never underestimate the power of human ingenuity/impatience. Certain communities I monitor for purely educational purposes have had interest in nude mods for bannerlord since at least a day before release. Long story short, some madlad worked with a beta build until they cajoled the underwear off the female model, a mad dash to add nipples and lady bits ensued, but the whole thing ended in the surprisingly restrained consensus of "wait for a more stable version".

Whatever the final version is, I hope it's called Beaverlord.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 05, 2020, 01:10:45 am »

Bonerlord
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 05, 2020, 01:16:43 am »

Weirdly, I think the female models are naked under their clothes to begin with.  When you first start it up it takes a while to render, and sometimes models will start without their clothes for a second.  Men are weird looking ken dolls, but I'm 90% sure I saw nipples, in vanilla.
Shoes...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 05, 2020, 08:17:01 am »

No nipples on the women. I had a naked lady on the screen for several seconds because of said slow loading, so I saw

and lo

nipplen't
Love, scriver~

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 05, 2020, 09:41:15 am »

Mods are mostly on Nexus, although you can find a bunch of the old ambitious Warband modders setting up their pages on ModDB.

EDIT: Woo! Finally reach 1k net denars per day w/ various investments--AFTER paying my 400 denar daily salary. Planning some kind of revolt against the Southern Empire, which is DANGEROUSLY CLOSE to steamrolling, but stopped at the edges of the calradian heartland. Vlandia, Sturgia, and Khuzaits are doing pretty good--Aserai and Battanians got gutted, and the Northern Empire was... vassalized after declaring war on us. The Western Empire got sweeped lke day one--their Emperor still running around partying tho.
Might be some balancing issues on the Western Empire. I decided I was going to do some banditry in their territories and hide in neighboring countries but very shortly after I started I lost track of them and realized they'd been wiped out shockingly quickly.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 05, 2020, 10:00:15 am »

I've started 3 games (all before the anti-steamroll patch mind you) and they all got wiped by either the Battanians or Vlandians pretty much immediately.

In my current game Southern Empire has about half the map, but is starting to tank due to various factors--I intend to help it along with a well-placed rebellion :)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 05, 2020, 12:05:38 pm »

Smithing sucks. It has near 0 potential to be profitable especially considering how much time you need to dedicate to waiting in town trying to get your stamina back. The only reason you to have any interest in smithing is 1) smelting trash weapons and selling the raw materials for more money or 2) you want a few cool custom weapons. If it's 1) then you have everything you need right out of the gate and the actual progression of the skill is meaningless to you. If it's 2) you need one or two weapons and that's the only thing you want out of the skill. Now you obviously can't make the only weapons you'll ever need right out of the gate, it would be wildly unbalanced so there's the difficulty system and the perks that let you get bonuses. The only logical way to advance the skill is to use the skill which means grinding, waiting, grinding, waiting again and again and again in mind-numbing drudgery until you can make the one or two weapons you actually want to make. I don't think it works and I don't think you can make it work. That is to say nothing of the part-unlock system, I cheated and used an autoclicker to smelt thousands upon thousands of swords from an infinite stack, there are still missing parts I just gave up.

I think they should drop smithing as skill and tie it to an NPC with upgradable structure or something for gold based progression. Unlock weapon parts by bringing in a weapon and telling your smith to reverse engineer it so the parts associated with that weapon are unlocked and you don't need to do it a billion times, just once for each weapon. Smelting and forging can work the same basic way they do now but let this NPC do the work so it's still a time consuming process player is free to not watch paint dry while it's going on. Let the structure provide some kind of bonus as long as it's stocked and now it has a purpose even after the player gets their two weapons.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 05, 2020, 01:14:16 pm »

cutting out the stamina mechanic fixes a part of that grind and i feel is a necessity for using smithing at all. and i agree that the "research mechanic" is bad, it should either go much quicker, with entire tiers of stuff being unlocked at certain levels, or it should just be all unlocked from the start and all you need is materials.

for that 1st point tho, if you level up your smithing skill, you can turn that trash iron that sells for maybe 80 a unit to what is basically Damascus steel worth 1100 a unit, with your only inputs being trash weapons and charcoal (or hardwood to make into charcoal). with maybe 2~4k worth of hardwood, i can turn those trash weapons that maybe sell for 100 a weapon, into 20~ or so units of super steel. def worth.

as for the 2nd point, i am just having fun trying different blade types. its kinda useful to make good swords to use for street fights (currently you can't take territory from gangsters for yourself, but you can raid it to get cash), though, i wish this also included armor crafting (i can see people making this a mod in the far future tho)
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 05, 2020, 02:48:38 pm »

Smithing sucks...you need one or two weapons and that's the only thing you want out of the skill.

Making both melee and ranged weapons for both inside and outside of town and for yourself and all of your companions is more than just one or two weapons.

The higher skill levels say they unlock higher quality metals and a chance for rare weapon crafting, which combined with part size customization certainly makes it sound like there is potential to get much better stuff than what you can buy in markets or loot in combat. Though I've yet to see any of this firsthand, of course.

Skill gains in general are far too slow right now, and I feel like a large part of the Smithing frustrations are a byproduct of this. It may be prudent to wait for that inevitable global progression rebalance before calling out Smithing specifically as problematic.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 05, 2020, 03:11:18 pm »

I'd say the problem with smithing right now is that it just isn't all that much fun, whereas most of the rest of the stuff is pretty fun as is.

It does have some good potential, though. So I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 05, 2020, 03:16:24 pm »

Smithing IS quite profitable. (also p easy to level up to be frank, mine is close to 125 rn)

Even refining cheap hardwood into charcoal and selling it where it's in demand can make 2000-3000 denars a cycle, which can be can become as quick as a single day--and if you really mass-produced I'm sure you could get to crazy numbers. The trick is to understand the raw materials are worth considerably more than the finished items themselves--especially if you melt down old weapons instead of buying ore.

Don't sell swords and axes--sell steel, iron, and charcoal.

As far as stamina goes (which can be a pain, ESPECIALLY when you're starting out, check out one of the mods that either A.) increased it to 400 or B.) removes it all together.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 05, 2020, 03:16:42 pm »

Love, scriver~

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 05, 2020, 03:20:25 pm »

Smithing IS quite profitable. (also p easy to level up to be frank, mine is close to 125 rn)

Even refining cheap hardwood into charcoal and selling it where it's in demand can make 2000-3000 denars a cycle, which can be can become as quick as a single day--and if you really mass-produced I'm sure you could get to crazy numbers. The trick is to understand the raw materials are worth considerably more than the finished items themselves--especially if you melt down old weapons instead of buying ore.

Don't sell swords and axes--sell steel, iron, and charcoal.

As far as stamina goes (which can be a pain, ESPECIALLY when you're starting out, check out one of the mods that either A.) increased it to 400 or B.) removes it all together.

I'd even say this is a problem. More effort for things should translate into more value. Or at the very least be based on supply and demand. Are there higher grade weapons that sell for more than their materials? Does selling a ton of charcoal reduce the price nationally?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 62