Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 103860 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #480 on: April 06, 2020, 10:55:04 am »

What are everybody's favorite money making methods?

I have been shipping cheap wood around (combined with making charcoal at a 3->2 ratio depending on prices) and I built a wood shop in a city that had particularly low wood prices (but it isn't paying out much at all).
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 06, 2020, 11:32:28 am »

Most of my biggest money has come from smelted metal sales to Orystia.

Although that's maybe because they're getting their shit pushed in by both Brittania and the North Empire. They're down to like 3 cities, so maybe they're really hurting for raw materials. They've consistently had high buy prices for metals for like the last 2 in game seasons.

But basically I do a run in to Brittania, buying up whatever is cheap, then go down south to Orystia/Sagot. By the time I reach Orystia I've got boatloads of weapons. I smelt them down, make between 5 and 6k, then head back north. I make more money if they're also in the market for Iron Ore since I can get that super cheap from Seonian as well. By the time I make the full circuit, a day's rest usually restores my party of 5's blacksmithing stamina so I can smelt down the 8 to 12 weapons I've collected. Doing this I've managed to push myself over 20k while comfortably supporting a warband of about 70 guys.

By and large it's my best money because there's almost no upfront investment. Compared to sinking 1-3k denars in goods then hoping I make that money back by the time I get wherever I'm going, it's just a few hundred in hardwood to smelt it all down. So even if the prices aren't great, it's still pure profit mostly and requires less running around checking prices and gambling that they'll stay steady with other goods. Of course, the metal market there could get oversaturated.....or collapse entirely if they get taken over. But it would seem to be that struggling nations make the best customers since their whole supply chain is on the rocks. And if the price isn't right....I just sit on it as I travel around. When Crude Iron is at 50+, Wrought is at 80+ and Iron is at 120+, I sell.

After another round or two of this, once I have enough of a cash base I'll start doing caravans.

Also what made a big difference for me is just always buying a couple horses during my stops when the price is low enough. Between that and a few camels I looted, I've got like 3500 carrying capacity and a movement speed of 5.7. It's weird to me still to have an inventory of 30+ horses and to keep buying more, but that's the name of the game in BL.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 12:43:10 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 06, 2020, 12:45:22 pm »

Newest update has added back in XP for practice fights/tournaments
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 06, 2020, 02:31:50 pm »

Oh my god, multiplayer is awesome!

I discovered my niche, to be a giant hammer swinging barbarian old woman with heavy makeup! Everybody underestimates her shrill battlecries.

Too bad there's so few maps.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 06, 2020, 03:45:02 pm »

im ehhhh about the skirmish and team deathmatch modes.

but siege is fucking awesome. chaos, random moments of amazing teamwork and honorable duels being interrupted by random guys on horses. its super fun, i cant wait for more maps and more stable servers.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 06, 2020, 07:08:19 pm »

Have they not released 1.0.6? Or do you have to opt in now? Don't have a client update in Steam.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 06, 2020, 07:13:26 pm »

Have they not released 1.0.6? Or do you have to opt in now? Don't have a client update in Steam.

Restart steam or check your steam downloads I guess. I didn't opt in and my version is 1.0.6 now. I did force update it through the steam downloads thing, since I think  it was scheduled for like 7 pm CST or something.

Also apparently someone saw a 1.1.0 in steamdb or something so an actual content patch might be coming soon.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 06, 2020, 07:18:20 pm »

Hrm, nope. Restart didn't find the download, it's not in my downloads section at all. Opted in to 1.0.6 then out of all betas, still nothing. Launching the game doesn't force it to update (it always does with every other game), and my in game versions still all say 1.0.5. I'm not the only one having the issue apparently, but I've yet to see a solution. How did you force a download?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 07:20:14 pm by nenjin »

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 06, 2020, 07:26:56 pm »

you might be able to see it in the betas tab, you might be able to force it that way.

i just checked steamdb and i saw the 1.1.0. i wouldn't be surprised if its only a major bugfix patch but maybe with a minor feature enabled, like gang territories or something. id be happy to be proven wrong tho.

i modded my game up;

Developer's console (not to cheat, actually, i have it loaded up just in case i need to force graphics options)
Entrepreneur (love alternate money generating money sinks)
Improved smithing (self explanatory)
Merc fix (cuz being a mercenary for 1 faction until the end of time dosen't sound fun)
War attrition (this, combined with Bannerlord tweaks, seems to stop major snowballing. ive only had factions trade a few major cities within 2 years of my last save)
Bannerlord tweaks (this does a lot of stuff but also increases militia for most settlements, helping to stop snowballing)
Armor does something (makes armor better, cuz i dont feel arrows should easily penetrate hard armors and peasants throwing rocks shouldn't laser through chainmail)
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 06, 2020, 07:28:42 pm »

As I said I already tried that. Just did it again and was told "successfully opted in to the e1.0.6 beta." Still nothing. Wonder if they took the patch down. But there are people who said 6 hours ago they hadn't gotten it.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 06, 2020, 07:32:41 pm »

As I said I already tried that. Just did it again and was told "successfully opted in to the e1.0.6 beta." Still nothing. Wonder if they took the patch down. But there are people who said 6 hours ago they hadn't gotten it.

yeah sorry about that, im working from home and its eating into sleep time. hmm. you might be able to force it with a verify files check from the properties tab. you might also need to purge your download cache, this apparently also forces updates.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 06, 2020, 07:37:06 pm »

I'll give those a shot, thanks. Verifying integrity on 50 gigs should only take like 40 minutes.....

I dunno, I had other stuff in my download queue (which oddly like 5 games queued updates for like, weeks in the future.....) and those all processed correctly.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 06, 2020, 07:54:11 pm »

Nope, nothing. Hrmmmmm.......I really don't feel like redownloading the game just for this patch.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 06, 2020, 08:28:18 pm »

After reading lots of Steam comments, I suspect they took the update down. They inadvertently broke some stuff with this patch.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 06, 2020, 11:59:45 pm »

Does anyone know how to declare war after starting a faction? I've gone and made myself a kingdom but I can't seem to fight anyone except looters now. The button in the kingdom's section doesn't work and you can't start a fight by walking up to someone now.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 62