Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 105151 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #690 on: April 23, 2020, 05:40:07 pm »

So, does anyone know if the children born to other characters during the game can marry the player character's children.  Obviously not the character, as the character would be too old (max age to marry is 40 without mods).

Yeah, I always gathered that the Wanderers existed to fill in until they got around to creating Companions.  I wonder what will happen to the Wanderers once Companions are implemented.  I kinda like them, but I miss the free noob Companions that I could train up right.  With the cost of Wanderers, I actually expect them to pull their weight, but the side effect of that is that most of them are level 10 or so and thus past the quick-and-easy leveling stage.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 23, 2020, 05:45:39 pm »

I wonder what will happen to the Wanderers once Companions are implemented.

i suspect we'll have both. companions, who may start lower level so you can train them into what you want but with a focus in one area and they have unique stories; wanderers, who start higher level and fill gaps needed in your clan/empire and are randomly generated and generic.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 23, 2020, 06:27:38 pm »

I didnt even realize there was supposed to be a separate companion system!

Also my game keeps crashing on startup, even on launcher start sometimes.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 23, 2020, 06:57:47 pm »

I mean, if you install mods before there's official mod support.....
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 23, 2020, 07:07:09 pm »

Also can we not have 45 "the Wronged" female characters? I get it, it's 2020 but I feel like I'm being beaten over the head with it.

Seems heavily RNG based. My first campaign I had a few of those. My current one has zero, and few female wanderers at all for that matter.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #695 on: April 23, 2020, 07:42:52 pm »

Sounds like something is corrupted. I have had several weird issues with the game pop up - crashes, graphic glitches, etc. -  after updates. Try validating game files. I did it after this latest update and it found 17 files that needed to be replaced.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 23, 2020, 09:03:22 pm »

Sounds like something is corrupted. I have had several weird issues with the game pop up - crashes, graphic glitches, etc. -  after updates. Try validating game files. I did it after this latest update and it found 17 files that needed to be replaced.

Probably a good idea to delete everything in your mods folder as well as any core files those mods have overwritten as well before verifying. From there, reinstall the mods a few at a time and test it. I also reccomend picking a version of the game and sticking with that, ignoring updates, until the EA has more content and stability.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 24, 2020, 11:27:07 am »

Honestly I'd say don't install mods that overwrite core files. I only install mods that need to be enabled/disabled in the launcher. Then if I get a crash, I can simply disable my mods and see if it still happens.

I'm being deliberate in my mod not to do anything to break save compatibility and to make all the options fully modular. Every aspect of it can be toggled off, and if it's off it doesn't do anything at all. That way I can add/remove it to an existing save without issues, and toggle things on and off if anything happens. That way if a new update or another mod breaks one aspect of it it can just be turned off until some fix can be found for it. I also started adding null checks to all my variables, even the ones that shouldn't be able to be null lol. I already fixed one crash by adding a null check for member rosters of parties. I don't know how the person with the crash had a null member roster of one of their garrisons since all the code that would remove it just removes the whole party instead, but with all the mods out there? The core game doesn't even null check any of its member rosters, only the parties.

Looking at some of the mods out there with a decompiler leads to some facepalm moments, even for someone like me who barely knows C# (before this I just knew barely enough to edit some websites written in it). Dividing things by variables that could equal zero, or using Math.Pow on a number that can be negative.

For those who don't know, dividing by zero is bad - if done to a float it gives you infinity. And Math.Pow returns NaN if used on a negative number. And NaN is treated as an infinite value too. Stuff like this is how mods end up jacking your skills up to 1023.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 11:52:27 am by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 24, 2020, 11:52:16 am »

I only have module style mods.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 24, 2020, 09:32:38 pm »

Marriage in Calradia:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: April 24, 2020, 09:49:10 pm »

I think the gestation period of Calradians is like 4 months. I got married and had 9 kids 3 years later.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 24, 2020, 10:50:17 pm »

I like to imagine that humans in this alternate universe are actually just squishy pink amphibians, and lay clutches of eggs.

On a side note: Wtf even is mounted one-handed combat in this game, my God! v_V

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 25, 2020, 12:11:09 am »

Well I think an ingame year is like <80 days? So yuh.

Also mounted one handed combat can bit a bit hit or miss.

ALSO, after a very painful process of elimination I've fixed my mods. Ugh.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 25, 2020, 03:16:26 am »

I like to imagine that humans in this alternate universe are actually just squishy pink amphibians, and lay clutches of eggs.

On a side note: Wtf even is mounted one-handed combat in this game, my God! v_V

Two reasons: so you can hit their elite troops with blunt objects instead of sharp and random them off for cash

And because cutting down fleeing enemies with your sabre as you drive them before your horde is more satisfying than lancing them
Love, scriver~

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 25, 2020, 08:48:47 am »

You just need an absurdly long 1h weapon for mounted combat. With blacksmithing you can make 1h swords with 131 reach lol.

Ofcourse you can also make 2h polearms that can be thrusted 1h if you need a shield and swung 2h for crazy slashing damage and 275 reach...

My 275 reach glaive just looks silly being swung. The tip sometimes just scrapes through the ground and the shaft kills my target.

-edit-
Reading the steam forums after the update is kind of funny. There must have been 50 threads about crashing due to people updating their game and just blindly launching with 20 broken outdated mods and then blaming the game for the crash. Even on fully released games you can't get a new patch and just expect a huge list of mods to all work as expected still. When 1.2.0 was a beta, everyone using Bannerlord Tweaks were complaining about the same issues but with less frequency. Now 1.2 hits the main branch and everyone is still using bannerlord tweaks and other mods and going "game is broke!"
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 11:38:15 am by Paul »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 62