Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 105200 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #705 on: April 25, 2020, 12:48:36 pm »

Huh. Wow. Went from doing merc work for the Southern Empire for a while to deciding to just become a vassal.
Not long after we go to war with the Khuzait, and capture the city of Arganon from them.

The Empress, in her wisdom, has decided to bestow it upon me despite the majority of the lords being against it.

So...yeah. Guess I get to have a holder much earlier than I'd expected.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 26, 2020, 12:52:21 am »

Huh. Wow. Went from doing merc work for the Southern Empire for a while to deciding to just become a vassal.
Not long after we go to war with the Khuzait, and capture the city of Arganon from them.

The Empress, in her wisdom, has decided to bestow it upon me despite the majority of the lords being against it.

So...yeah. Guess I get to have a holder much earlier than I'd expected.

Relation is sometimes key. I use a mod that implements the Warband style of relation boosts from helping lords in battle. My rep with most of the noble in my faction is 20-100 (100  with Empress Rhagea), and I get every other fief, with Rhagaea and a large number of lords supporting me.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 26, 2020, 05:38:33 am »

Would you mind if I'm lazy and ask for a link?

I've been thinking that relationships are a thing where the game is a bit lacking as is. And I don't mean the meaningfulness of relationships and stuff ingame, i just mean I don't understand how you're supposed to be able to even collect friendship points right now. You some times get one or two for joining a battle, but that seems very rare.

I just want to be noticed
Love, scriver~

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 26, 2020, 06:32:06 am »

Would you mind if I'm lazy and ask for a link?

I've been thinking that relationships are a thing where the game is a bit lacking as is. And I don't mean the meaningfulness of relationships and stuff ingame, i just mean I don't understand how you're supposed to be able to even collect friendship points right now. You some times get one or two for joining a battle, but that seems very rare.

I think you're just supposed to bribe them.  Not sure if you can always bribe with dinars, but can certainly do so with important prisoners (nobles).

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 26, 2020, 06:53:46 am »

I tried bribing with thousands of dinars once but it didn't change their relationship. If I have to spend a hundred thousand gold to get a point it just doesn't seem worth it
Love, scriver~

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #710 on: April 26, 2020, 08:18:19 am »

I think you're supposed to solve issues for them, but they hardly ever have any. Maybe once they add in new ones it will be easier.

Right now it's easier to gain relation by being their enemy and killing their army repeatedly while letting them go.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 26, 2020, 08:49:56 pm »

Fighting Together Relationship, the mod with such a literal a name that you would never find it from a google search.

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/463

Meanwhile, in Mesopotamia, some Thirteenth Warrior shit is going down...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 26, 2020, 11:31:15 pm »

I tried bribing with thousands of dinars once but it didn't change their relationship. If I have to spend a hundred thousand gold to get a point it just doesn't seem worth it

Just unlock the ability to purchase towns and gift them their own fiefs and the money they give to take them over and over until they love you.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 26, 2020, 11:39:35 pm »

Just unlock the ability to purchase towns and gift them their own fiefs and the money they give to take them over and over until they love you.

Nah, dude. Traits take eternity to unlock in this game. Just cheat with mods. :P

If it's canon in Warband, God/Odin/Allah/Tengra (did I miss any?) condones it!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 27, 2020, 12:57:41 am »

Fighting Together Relationship AND Killing Bandits Raises Relations are two great mods that make alotta sense.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 27, 2020, 07:23:16 am »

Fighting Together Relationship, the mod with such a literal a name that you would never find it from a google search.

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/463

Thank you! I appreciate it.

Fighting Together Relationship AND Killing Bandits Raises Relations are two great mods that make alotta sense.

I was thinking of using KBRR when I came upon it some time ago, but I just kill so many bandits... It wouldn't feel fair.
Love, scriver~

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 27, 2020, 08:47:03 am »

It only raises relations by like or 1 or 2 points in (I think one) random nearby village or town.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 07, 2020, 05:49:19 pm »

Looks like there was a bug with lords where you often didn't get relation with them after helping in a fight. Fixed in the most recent patch.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 08, 2020, 08:06:50 pm »

Been a while since I played. Did I never notice before or did they add daily wages for companions now?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 08, 2020, 09:20:34 pm »

Might be new-ish? I remember noticing it at one point, but I'm not sure if it was always a thing or not.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 62