Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 49441 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #720 on: May 08, 2020, 09:29:41 pm »

Yeah that was added in the latest update
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 09, 2020, 07:31:05 am »

*grumbles* ...it's not like I already paid them hundreds of days worth of pay up front...
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • WHERE'S YOUR MOTIVATION!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 09, 2020, 01:39:50 pm »

Kinda looks like they may have reduced initial recruitment costs a bit though.
Quote from: Rumi
Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, and so I am changing myself.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • WHERE'S YOUR MOTIVATION!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 10, 2020, 06:41:08 am »

I find the need to have multiple parties in conflict with the desire to have companions in your party, since you get new companion slots so slowly with Clan Rank. As I understand it, Clan Roles only apply to people in your party? Between a Scout, a Surgeon, a Blacksmith, a dude running a caravan, I have like one slot to play with for an additional party member. But that seems to be the only way to really start fielding an army because Clan Rank 4. And that's not even including sending them out do quests or leaving them places to manage them.

Luckily the cash flow thing seems pretty easy to manage. Two shops that are doing well and a caravan and you can just sit back and make fistfuls full of denars a day. Fighting loot and trading supplement it pretty well. I don't even really bother doing trading myself anymore.

They also messed with metal prices something fierce. Iron Ore at source sights and cities is pretty expensive now, like 40/unit easily. And yet conversely, the ceiling on what all metal goes for seems to have been set really low. I haven't seen steel go for more than 150/unit and that's an exceptional price now. Iron is like 40 to 100. I've seen steel and iron go for the same price before. Really puts a kybosh on the metal profits game, At places where metal sources are nearby, I'm seeing bars of iron sell for 5 denars. The ore somehow is 1000 times more valuable than the refined bar. I'm sitting on stacks and stacks of everything looking for a good pirce but it's not really worth selling most places now.

Battania is also completely at peace with everyone now. I wonder what the nobles do with their time besides tourneys when they're not making war? By the looks of it they're all hording influence since they're not using it constantly during war time.
Quote from: Rumi
Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, and so I am changing myself.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 10, 2020, 10:20:38 am »

You'd think the solution to metal would be 'it's heavy and difficult to transport large amounts of it' rather than 'it's dirt cheap when smelted but expensive in ore form'.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]