Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 105295 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #795 on: September 10, 2021, 02:02:10 pm »

Why'd and how did he grant you one?
When I officially joined up as vassal/swore fealty.  I was surprised, he didn't offer anything ahead of time, it was a nice bonus.  And he didn't grant a fief like in M&B/Warband, though he did grant me Lageta as soon as it was conquered.
Spoiler: Reaper (click to show/hide)
I guess it can be used one handed,  somehow, but I always take two quivers instead of a shield like in Warband.
I can't smith much above 75 swing damage with the tier-4 saber blade I've unlocked, which uses fine steel, so I'm pretty happy about it.  Honestly it ended my ambitions of forming my own kingdom, particularly when he and his heir died for Battania and a new clan rose to power democratically.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 10, 2021, 02:04:52 pm »

Yeah, Caladog of the Battanians rewards you with the Reaper, which is really a Falx, which is the Battanian signature cultural weapon. Falx are, in real life, incredibly savage weapons and it delivers in Bannerlord too. Easily better than any other weapon I've found or can craft. (Did they just remove Blacksmithing NPCs from the game? I've been searching for ones since the start of my playthrough and haven't seen a single NPC companion with smithing skill.)

Kinda sucks tbh, I didn't expect to have what might be the best weapon in the game so early. Was looking forward to crafting my own weapons but I'll need to max out blacksmithing to have a chance at making anything remotely better than the Reaper.

Also this is probably just me, but after 20 hours of using a single handed sword of about 103 length, going to the Reaper with its absurd reach I had to re-learn how to strike from horseback with it. I'd literally be riding on top of someone and somehow manage to miss them repeatedly with the Reaper.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 02:10:45 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 10, 2021, 03:37:38 pm »

Jumped back to see the changes... its coming along nicely. Trading is somehow more intuitive, but it IS taking me forever to get that first workshop  :'(

Anyways... If I had a nickel for every time I've missed from horseback...
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 10, 2021, 04:31:57 pm »

I remember that weapon from early in the EA, you could win it in tournaments then.

I've never had any leader give me gifts when I join factions. But then again I join Southern Empire 99% of the time because I want to marry Ira
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: September 10, 2021, 05:40:05 pm »

*Checks wiki* Ooh, aiming high!  Valid.  Though I assume that would pull her out of the royal clan (I need to do some marriage experiments, I've had little luck googling the subject).  I guess it's still a marriage tie, and having high opinion from your liege is very handy for getting fiefs.

I'm still patiently waiting to become queen of the Battanians someday.  It seems pretty inevitable with how the PC is unkillable.  There's a funny Reddit post about a guy joining the proto-Khergit and getting elected king almost immediately.  In the comments people were talking about "accidentally" tossing javelins into their lieges to manufacture similar circumstances.  Treasonous rogues! :P

I also like the ladies riding around commanding armies, and I noticed something interesting.  You always get the option "Since you are not a warrior, you're free to go" with them which seemed a little odd particularly coming from a lady-knight.  But I've been checking their stats and it seems kinda true.  A lot of them have high Riding and Stewardship, making them powerful leaders of armies, but I haven't found any with weapon skills yet.  A neat compromise of sorts!

...That said, I completely forgot about the peasant women->swordsisters line from M&B.  Whatever happened to that, it was fun :(
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: September 10, 2021, 06:19:41 pm »

Yeah, she leaves their family and can't inherit the empire from her mother (at least not as of now), so I mostly want her because of thematic reasons, to establish the links to the last emperor. The fact that she's a pretty bad ass character isn't exactly a minus either though.

There's several good female generals running around, at least one in every faction I believe. I can't remember any actual names but I looked up suitable wives for the brother character and the best ones are, from the top of my head, one Vargarangian woman, two Frangothic ladies, and I believe a Mooarab one.
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: September 10, 2021, 07:25:46 pm »

I wonder if the awarding of weapons upon joining a faction is factoring in renown at the time of joining, relationship to the faction leader, traits, yadda yadda. I always play a character with "good" traits, usually join a faction at Clan Rank 3 or 4 and always try to preserve and build relationship with pretty much everyone.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 13, 2021, 09:25:05 am »

Client: Requests two-handed axe
Me: Shows up with hoe
Love, scriver~

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 13, 2021, 12:52:13 pm »

A couple of questions in the modern Bannerlord era:

1.) It seems like fighting on horseback sucks--you're more likely to get sniped by some archer or thrower and you can't hit shit. I started with spear weapons, but they're so awkward to handle, I switched to one handers--even then, it's like one or two hits and you get your world rocked. What's the secret? Horse Archery can work, but it's attritional in battle for sure.

2.) Is it worth becoming a lord? I don't want to be King and my trade network is already threatened as a mercenary. Best way to make $$$ seems to just be a trading butterlord--I'd like to put the financial cushion into a formidable mid-size party, but whenever I join up with Western Empire (my workshops are there)--they are getting smacked around and closing off my trade to their hostile neighbours.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: September 13, 2021, 01:02:02 pm »

1. Get a two-handed axe, and do not get caught in an extended melee with infantry.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 13, 2021, 01:46:07 pm »

Starting this up again, the performance has gone down a big hill for me. Oh well.
Love, scriver~

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 13, 2021, 03:57:35 pm »

Starting this up again, the performance has gone down a big hill for me. Oh well.

Strange--new computer? In comparison, performance has gotten considerably better for compared to 6 months ago (or whenever I last played).

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #807 on: September 13, 2021, 05:02:54 pm »

Client: Requests two-handed axe
Me: Shows up with hoe

and she was a real battleaxe!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 13, 2021, 08:18:24 pm »

Strange--new computer? In comparison, performance has gotten considerably better for compared to 6 months ago (or whenever I last played).

I still get a quite a bit of frame loss riding circles around 200 guys forming a circular shield wall but in general I'd agree. So much of my performance issues were HDD related though, so I'm probably an outlier there.

Things are going well in my game. I'm lord of Sargot and a nearby castle, and have been for some time now. I've fended off multiple sieges from Vlandia to retake it, because I've learned how to raise armies and sorta manipulate the kingdom AI armies to help me a bit. I realized that if you knock out all the small 50-100 unit Lords they have running around, they have a lot fewer armies to combine and hit you with a 700 to 800 strong one. So I just raised a moderate army and roamed around Sargot, picking off Lords as they wandered in. At one point we had at least 50% of Vlandian nobles in our prisons. I stopped ransoming them. I don't really need the money anymore, I'm sitting at 100k and holding there pretty stably. Once you're getting 30% of the loot from 500+ strong engagements, the gear sales alone keep you in the green, and you don't really need the ransom cash anymore. Having another factions lords locked up just means there are that fewer armies available to attack you or defend their stuff. If you want peace, it's also literally a factor of consideration for making peace, says it right there when you're voting on it for your own faction.

Mah family is starting to age up and become useful. Members of your family from the start of the game seem to start with pretty beast stats after their events. I think my sister has no stat lower than a 4, which is better than me and better than a lot of NPC companions. And my first kid was born not too long ago. Things are lookin up for Lord Griff of the Battanians!

Just trying to decide what to do next. The Banner quest is going to take a very long time to pan out and endlessly dealing with Conspiracy Events while I do other things is going to start getting tiresome. What I really want to do is take over all of Vlandia and wipe them out so Battania can just own that end of the map. Or dismantle the Western Empire. But every time Battania is at peace long enough to start some shit with someone, Sturgia is waiting in the wings to join the war. Fuck Sturgia, snow sucks. Go beat up the Khuzaits or screw with the Empire, let Battania do its shit.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 09:15:18 pm by nenjin »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 14, 2021, 02:14:23 pm »

Why not just fight Sturgia directly?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 62