Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62]

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 105239 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #915 on: November 13, 2022, 08:31:57 pm »

Right after I posted that I found this one that actually showcased wolves and was pretty useful.
That was entertaining.  Since I lack the file space to play this game probably for a while, it'll have to do.  :P

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 16, 2022, 07:23:57 am »

About 230, with guns, 100 odd with crossbows an 140 ish with a bow.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 16, 2022, 02:18:04 pm »

With guns, I assume you're talking about Fire & Sword?

I should add the weapon, that's legit. My best I believe is 200m-ish with a Short Bow.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 06:54:13 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 18, 2022, 12:35:02 pm »

No, it was in a Russian civil war mod, so it was like a lazer beam.
A lot of the archery was aim at the sky or at huge siege blobs.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 20, 2022, 04:21:22 am »

I hit a distant shot at high elevation with an Arbalest on swarm of enemies retreating from a siege attempt they had lost. They all followed the same route and grouped together so it was a large target. I didn't screenshot it but the arc was extremely high.

My days remaining to finish quest is getting pretty low, so I'm going to have to join a faction for an Imperial city to start the quest kingdom with. Steam discussion forums said you can leave the faction and the quest nullifies their aggression at you; anyone know if this works before this is my last resort? I'm getting close to 300 days remaining.

I took a Cunning based character and did a grind for Roguery to see how loot drops are now after the changes. For finishing the campaign I think a stewardship focus for a bigger player army to take a rebel city would be easier. I think I can do it if I replace all these bandit troops that raise Roguery with top tier faction troops, but Stewardship and a bigger party would help for that more than how I built the character.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 29, 2022, 01:33:51 am »

So, I'm ready to go forward with the Bannerlord Quest. Who should I give the banner to, or should I go it alone?

I haven't fiddled with kingdom creation in Bannerlord, and I'm playing Ironman, so...probably not going to make my own kingdom. I'm also Tier 2...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 29, 2022, 09:47:27 am »

I went with Battania myself.  I consider the empire to be "bad" (for Lageta, if nothing else) though Battania has its issues too.  Mainly I wanted easy access to wood to grind smithing.

The thing you should know about the Banner is that the person you betray (the imperial or the survivor of cultural genocide) will launch a scheme against you.  This spawns missions with no reward, and they're often on the other side of the continent.  Sometimes it merely spawns special raiders around your holdings, easy enough, but the weapons caravans always seem to be very far away.  The caravans are also just tough fights, and their soldiers cannot be taken prisoner for some reason.

If you ignore these missions the plot will progress a little.  I think on completion it unites the appropriate factions in a final war against you... not ideal.  I don't remember any significant benefit to presenting the banner, just these challenges, so maybe build up your chosen kingdom first.

I'm pretty sure you can become leader of your kingdom by accumulating influence and waiting for succession to occur.  I haven't done it though, might take a loooong time if combat death is disabled.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 29, 2022, 10:12:37 am »

I've never actually done the main quest since it got completed. Is it actually worth doing, or just a pain?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 29, 2022, 10:54:04 am »

I'm currently on a run where I gave it to Rhagea, and then married Ira, so my children will have claim to the throne (for rp purposes). I am the upstart Vlandian lord who saved the empire.

If we put my campaign and interference with the default aside, I also do think that out of the current Imperial leaders, Rhagea seems to be the most capable one and the one that would be best for the Empire as she is both a great leader of people/popular figurehead and a decent military leader, and her heiress Ira is also very capable. No doubt the Empire is going to need a leader who can lead both the people, the state, and armies if it is to be able to hold against enemies on all sides. Arsenicos (or whatever the West Empire leader's mame os), on the other hand might be the greatest general around at this time, but he's apparently a bit politically sheepish and more or less held with strings by the setting's hyper depraved equivalent of Crassus so while he might be able to defend or even expand the empire as a ruler he's still not really an option in my mind. Of course, Rhagea's insistence of right of inheritance will probably doom the empire to decline again too, when the capable heirs dry up and we get Nero or... I can't remember the last Julian emperor. But that's just dramatically appropriate in my mind.

In general I agree more with the "destroy the empire" line of thought, though, the genocidal little shots. But it's not like any of the other kingdoms or tribal confederations would be any better --  I think that if you turn any of them into conquerors of the world you just repeat the Empire mistake with another culture on top.

The caravans are also just tough fights, and their soldiers cannot be taken prisoner for some reason.

I don't know if it's the actual reason but I assumed this was so they can't be recruited by you from your prisoner list.
Love, scriver~

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 29, 2022, 01:05:36 pm »

Picked up the game for the first time since full release, happy to see Sword Sisters back, was sad not to see them in the pre-release version. Surprised at how the AI throws spouses at your family. They barely hit adulthood and immediately get an offer of marriage.

Decided to sort of remake my Beta character, Rhylan the Bear, champion of the Battanians. Big guy, good with bows and two handed weapons, sworn to Battania. Rather heroic sort. Spent most of the game with no horse, fighting on foot alongside my archers. Amazing siege fighter.

Original version married the daughter of Caladog and was made king after Caladog died in battle, proceeded to thrash the Empire, Vlandians and Sturgians before I called it quits.

New iteration of the concept is more... bandit adjacent. Rhagyd the Mountain, not as good with weapons, and certainly less good of a person. Raid villages, recruit bandits, ambush vulnerable lords. Haven't sworn allegiance to any kingdom, but I don't pillage Battanian lands, preferring to raid the Vlandians and Sturgians. Conquered Varcheg from a revolt, a nice little bit of opportunism. Vlandia has been doing awfully well, they've expanded quite a bit, so I might need to sign up as a merc for the Battanians to help them retake land and do a little expanding the next time they're at war.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: November 30, 2022, 10:45:39 am »

I joined Vlandia mainly because King Derthert was the first to invite me to join as a mercenary then as a vassal.
I gave him the banner, and he gave me Three holdings, two castles and a town.  Guy is decent.

Upon retrospect, I think Vlandia and their feudal government is the rightful successor of the Empire.  I was originally a bit loathsome of King Derthert, but he's grown on me.  Overall, I think Vlandia is probably among the easiest factions to unite Calradia.  They have Heavy Cavalry for the field battles, and Crossbows for the sieges.
Against most factions, just showing up leads to a win.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 30, 2022, 11:38:28 am »

Found a funny interaction between Roguery and the Conspiracy.

Partners in Crime, the perk that lets you recruit bandits all the time, works on the Conspiracy forces involved in the raiding missions. So the three initial bandit groups are a free 120 troops of mixed quality, and the war band at the end can essentially just be disbanded.

Annoyingly you can't actually recruit the Conspiracy units with it, so fighting them is probably the better thing to do in the long run because of loot and exp, but it's still amusing to me that you basically show up and they go 'oh shit, it's you. Parley?' rather than their normal violent opposition to you.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 30, 2022, 12:08:37 pm »

One thing that I found funny was how the game will have a random troop retreat from your forces, and how I had a string of Battianian Heroes bravely fleeing when I engaged groups of Looters.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62]