Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 104749 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #720 on: May 08, 2020, 09:29:41 pm »

Yeah that was added in the latest update
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 09, 2020, 07:31:05 am »

*grumbles* ...it's not like I already paid them hundreds of days worth of pay up front...
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 09, 2020, 01:39:50 pm »

Kinda looks like they may have reduced initial recruitment costs a bit though.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 10, 2020, 06:41:08 am »

I find the need to have multiple parties in conflict with the desire to have companions in your party, since you get new companion slots so slowly with Clan Rank. As I understand it, Clan Roles only apply to people in your party? Between a Scout, a Surgeon, a Blacksmith, a dude running a caravan, I have like one slot to play with for an additional party member. But that seems to be the only way to really start fielding an army because Clan Rank 4. And that's not even including sending them out do quests or leaving them places to manage them.

Luckily the cash flow thing seems pretty easy to manage. Two shops that are doing well and a caravan and you can just sit back and make fistfuls full of denars a day. Fighting loot and trading supplement it pretty well. I don't even really bother doing trading myself anymore.

They also messed with metal prices something fierce. Iron Ore at source sights and cities is pretty expensive now, like 40/unit easily. And yet conversely, the ceiling on what all metal goes for seems to have been set really low. I haven't seen steel go for more than 150/unit and that's an exceptional price now. Iron is like 40 to 100. I've seen steel and iron go for the same price before. Really puts a kybosh on the metal profits game, At places where metal sources are nearby, I'm seeing bars of iron sell for 5 denars. The ore somehow is 1000 times more valuable than the refined bar. I'm sitting on stacks and stacks of everything looking for a good pirce but it's not really worth selling most places now.

Battania is also completely at peace with everyone now. I wonder what the nobles do with their time besides tourneys when they're not making war? By the looks of it they're all hording influence since they're not using it constantly during war time.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 10, 2020, 10:20:38 am »

You'd think the solution to metal would be 'it's heavy and difficult to transport large amounts of it' rather than 'it's dirt cheap when smelted but expensive in ore form'.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 21, 2021, 12:18:57 am »

so this got a multiplayer mod now... with 1200 people per server.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XSvIVGTweM
https://www.moddb.com/mods/bannerlord-online

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 21, 2021, 12:30:19 pm »

Woah, definitely got to check this out. It's got a full campaign map???

EDIT: Okay just a quick little update, it's pretty early stages, but within a few updates I can see this exploding even more than it is rn. They already have really good co-op combat, farming/workshops, arena fights, trading (from what I hear)--if the CRPG team doesnt get off their ass this will probably be just a huge as that, if not bigger as it's got an incredible framework and, dare I say, better multiplayer than the base game.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 02:17:57 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 01, 2021, 12:58:22 am »

Hey that looks pretty cool, I haven't modded Bannerlord yet or tried the multiplayer. Can players make or take over factions and territory?

Has anyone tried the Bannerlord editor? I poked around the documentation to see if I had the skills to make at least a basic conversion but it mentioned scripting and I fled immediately.

Is the editor pretty easy to use to whip up a basic conversion or would I have to learn to code first for the following example? For example a very basic conversion that changes the map around (settlements of all types numbers, names, location, basic stuff without touching economics for now) and allows factions to be added and changed, such as troop types, nobles and equipment lists?
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Fowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 01, 2021, 07:24:19 am »

I have been planning a purchase for a long time, but I still doubt it. Can anyone say if it is much better than the original?

dehimos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 01, 2021, 07:41:49 am »

My opinion:
- Better than the original: yes
- Better than original with mods: no

Most of my good memories with Warband are from using really good mods. Still I really enjoy Bannerlord because of the new mechanics (199 hours).
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 07:43:20 am by dehimos »

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 01, 2021, 09:15:26 am »

I havent played the few latest versions, but it has both good improvements as well as improvements that are not so good. Overall the game is better, but the whole "multiple generations" thing simply does not go well with mount and blade, and their attempt to force it to work just made the game kind of bad. Maybe with a lot more work they could get it down, but at least in the versions I played there was a serious issue with level cap. Basically if you do pretty much anything it will give you levels in that thing. BUT there is a limit to how many cumulative levels you can have. What this means? Lets say you want to play as a crossbowman, then you must NEVER use any other weapon then crossbow in battle, if you as much as fire a single arrow from a bow, or swing at an enemy with an axe for a single time this will permanently lock higher levels of your crossbowmanship. Or at least until you max out levels, then this does not matter. Authors said that without level cap each character would be the same, but considering how long it takes to get to the next character the game is long over before that happens, and something tells me that if we start burning through characters at a pace fast enough to matter then it will be so fast each character will feel just the same...

But overall I would agree with dehimos, it is better then original with no mods, but not better then original with mods.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 09:17:25 am by Mkok »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 01, 2021, 11:29:17 am »

the multiplayer, however, is considerably worse than Warband imo

Regardless there's some overall refinement in combat and a lot of fleshing out of the mechanics--to be fair I can see the appeal in that and the logic, but part of Warband's FUN is how simple is it, mechanically speaking. Don't get me wrong, mods that added new features or changed the campaign mechanics proved a lot more could be done, BUT what TW decided to add to Bannerlord... wasn't that stuff at all.

Boats.
Bounties.
Farming.
Hunting.
Customizable troops.
et al. (I mean there's tons and tons more stuff)

All the efforts people made to make Warband feel like a more lived-in world and to present that and showcase it--TW really just didn't pick up on any of it.

EDIT: Im not trying to shit on Bannerlord and with the tools TW gave us the mods are gonna eventually be 10x better than Warbands, but they chose to go in a direction that was disappointing--in hindsight.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 01, 2021, 11:43:15 am »

So, from the perspective of someone that didn't do a lot of Mount and Blade modding.....

Bannerlord IS a straight upgrade. What people are complaining about are the lessons Taleworlds didn't learn and the things they didn't adopt from the modding scene.

But straight up: it's the same game with a much shinier coat of paint, better UI in places, and more features. Way more character customization. Way more detailed skills and perks (when they're actually working, at any rate *cough*) Sieges. Bloodlines and babies. More ownership and ways to make profit. Better Party management. Better "Clan" and Faction management. Lots of gear variety and looks per faction. Customizable weapons (not that this honestly makes a huge impact on the game especially early on.) Combat looks and performs about 50% less janky than Warband.

Is it disappointing to at times literally see M&B Warband underneath a new skin? Sure. A lot of their marketing material from a couple years ago doesn't pan out. Some of their structured stuff, like the Thieves stuff in towns, still looks like M&B with awkward scene transitions and no real cinematic quality to it. Sieges last I played can still be a big mess but at least there's more places for your troops to attack then 200+ guys all trying to pile up the same ladder.

So TLDR: If Vanilla Mount & Blade Warband was "good enough" for you, then I don't see Bannerlord being any greater disappointment than that game.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 02:23:29 pm by nenjin »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 01, 2021, 02:32:36 pm »

I agree with you Nenjin, to a point. I hardly ever played vanilla warband, so for me, Bannerlord in its current state scratches just enough of that Mount and Blade itch to make me want to go play modded warband again. But then I actually go play modded warband and the basic gameplay systems are so much clunkier than Bannerlord that it's just frustrating to play because I want the smoothness of Bannerlord. I've pretty much resigned myself to waiting to play any Mount and Blade until Bannerlord gets some good mods, because neither is really satisfying right now.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 02:34:21 pm by Glloyd »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 01, 2021, 03:26:38 pm »

I know the feels. It's hard to go back to modded Warband when you've experienced the cleanliness and slickness of Bannerlord. But Bannerlord hasn't raised its game to the point it doesn't look, feel and play like a Taleworlds game, with all the generic mass produced content that implies.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 62