Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bay12 Old Games Server  (Read 1158 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Bay12 Old Games Server
« on: January 28, 2016, 03:37:09 am »

So, as of late, I've become able to host stuff. I have a pretty powerful computer that sits idle much of the time, and can even handle hosting while I play my own games.

I've also been thinking, I wish I could find people to play some old games online with. Stuff like Mechwarrior 4, Crimson Skies, X Wing, Majesty, that sort of thing.

Is anyone else interested in playing some old games? If so, suggest it below, and if we can get several people interested in the same thing maybe I'll host for a week or so. Ideal games should be able to be acquired for free/cheaply, and not have a lot of servers still up.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Old Games Server
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 03:40:42 am »

I recommend Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition, it's a pretty good port that fixes multiplayer stuff and such, and it even has Workshop support. It's currently 1.48 Euros here, and I think the full price is something like 4-5 euros ?

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 07:41:42 am »

Quake 3 would be nice.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 04:00:22 pm »

A multiplayer game of Majesty would be awesome, terrible, or both.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.