Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Infection and Vomit, my two favorite things.  (Read 1231 times)

slashnul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Infection and Vomit, my two favorite things.
« on: March 10, 2016, 12:38:46 am »

The majority of my fortress tiles are Indoor-Light.  This basically means theres vomit everywhere that never gets cleaned.  Ive got pools of blood from things killed in forts long since retired, decades ago, and imported by migrants.  I saw a bugpost Inside vs Subterranean cleaning distinctions, and Toady seems to be pondering a better way of handling cleaning.  Until then, I can use dfhack to "clean map."  But theres a downside to this... the nearly constant "Clean Self" generates so many soapy bath happy thoughts Im hesitant to use it.  Probably the deciding factor would be infection.  Does swimming in vomit and blood increase the chances of wounds getting infected?  Luckily I havent noticed any syndrome causing extracts around...

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
Re: Infection and Vomit, my two favorite things.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 03:18:18 am »

Only wounds themselves cause infection, you can safely have your dwarves walk barefoot in vomit and blood (as long as there is no syndrome attached).

Wilm0chimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 10:32:58 am »

the nearly constant "Clean Self" generates so many soapy bath happy thoughts Im hesitant to use it.

Do it. Dfhack clean the map, watch your dwarves tantrum and slaughter each other. Fresh blood for the blood god.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 03:41:21 pm »

i turn off cave adaptation entirely because it gets too silly when dwarves pave a river of bile as they get out to haul things.