Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 88

Author Topic: ORO: ANOTHER QUESTION  (Read 109039 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: ORO: Senile ghosts bumbling through the magical realm of mutilation
« Reply #1095 on: December 07, 2016, 08:36:33 pm »

Hey!
Can we tell the difference between a human and demon? That Spider Mason talked like a human after all. Did we kill their forward scout?

Say:

We just fought a demon with head and chest like a human, but lower body like a spider. It talked like you do, but threw bricks at us. Was this one of yours? Come out, let us see

MeditateMay as well take advantage of the weird lull in conversation to tame my wild urges and desires.

I assume Egan knows that his is the human settlement or something, but eh, gonna let it play out.

Spoiler: Oz "Minnow" (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Weapons (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: December 07, 2016, 08:41:23 pm »

I continue to stand ready, letting introductions play out.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: December 09, 2016, 03:48:39 pm »

Auto Whisper and Beirus: carefully peek into the house and look around.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ORO discussion
« Reply #1098 on: December 09, 2016, 04:12:59 pm »

I smell a trap. Again. Check the perimeter of the house. Peek in through the windows, but don't actually go inside.

Spoiler: Joe (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1099 on: December 17, 2016, 09:10:34 pm »

"Haha, yeah. I'm pretty much omniscient. Don't let that bother you though, it doesn't really affect anything."
Go shake that man's hand!

Spoiler: The Oracle (click to show/hide)
You walk over to the man in the hole and grasp his hand.  He smiles back at you in a normal way, though the handshake he gives is jittery and seemingly confused.

"you should follow me..." he says after a moment, glancing back into the hole.

Hey!
Can we tell the difference between a human and demon? That Spider Mason talked like a human after all. Did we kill their forward scout?

Say:

We just fought a demon with head and chest like a human, but lower body like a spider. It talked like you do, but threw bricks at us. Was this one of yours? Come out, let us see

MeditateMay as well take advantage of the weird lull in conversation to tame my wild urges and desires.

I assume Egan knows that his is the human settlement or something, but eh, gonna let it play out.

I dunno, can you?

You lose 10 corruption.

I continue to stand ready, letting introductions play out.
You stare down at the man and the new guy, brow knitted in concern. Somewhere in the back of your head is a voice whispering "This is stupid."

I smell a trap. Again. Check the perimeter of the house. Peek in through the windows, but don't actually go inside.

Spoiler: Joe (click to show/hide)

We're just gonna assume whisper hangs with you, since "explore" could otherwise mean diving headfirst into the structure and fighting anything that might be in there.

The perimeter of the house is....well its kinda hard to check. See, the house is really wedged right into this wall here so there's only a small section that is even reachable from the outside and the "Ground" around it is made mostly of steep, sloping concrete that sides off into a several hundred foot drop. So you can look in on the front, but the sides, they pose a rather fatal problem.  You sneak up to the porch and peek in through the window next to the door. The window is quite dusty and hard to see through, but you can see what looks like the glowing face of a TV in a large room, with a recliner in front of it, partially blocking the light. There's a man sitting in the recliner, staring at the TV.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: December 17, 2016, 09:29:48 pm »

Gonna stick my neck out for you guys here. You can thank me later.

I squat down and stick my dog head into one of the holes. If I can't see far enough  to discern anything, I'll pay 3 corruption to extend the neck so the head goes as far in as possible, to see if I can get a better view. No attacking anything though, just extend the neck to look. If my head is captured, and i can't pull it back, I'll cut it off at the neck.

Auto Whisper: prepare an attack in case Beirus agitates the man at the television.

Yup. Shoving my head into an unknown hole and thrusting vigorously.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: December 18, 2016, 12:02:35 am »

The Prophet looks thoughtful for a moment, then pulls an old, rusty coin out of his robes.
"Now, here's what going to happen. I'm going to flip this coin, and it's going to land on tails. Then I'm going to follow you."
Tails.

Go ahead and follow the guy. At this moment, fate has chosen to make me act as someone who is cautious, despite the fact that caution is never needed. How mysterious.

I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: December 18, 2016, 12:17:00 am »

((*Oracle))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: December 18, 2016, 12:25:19 am »

((Durr. I'll leave it as a monument to my blindness.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1104 on: December 20, 2016, 09:33:26 am »

We seem to be lacking people a lot recently. Standard holiday business or lack of interest?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: December 20, 2016, 10:16:46 am »

waiting for resolution of friend or foe and tired of posting the same action repeatedly.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1106 on: December 20, 2016, 01:46:47 pm »

The Prophet looks thoughtful for a moment, then pulls an old, rusty coin out of his robes.
"Now, here's what going to happen. I'm going to flip this coin, and it's going to land on tails. Then I'm going to follow you."
Tails.

Go ahead and follow the guy. At this moment, fate has chosen to make me act as someone who is cautious, despite the fact that caution is never needed. How mysterious.

You get down on all fours and crawl into the tunnel after the man. It's quite dark in there. the only light comes from outside and as you get deeper in it gets weaker and weaker. By the time you reach the end of the tunnel and stand up in the large, hollow cavern it ends in, there's barely any light at all. There's just enough to make out the forms of three huge things in the room. They're like snakes, but much shorter and fatter, maybe 10 feet long but 4 wide. In the weak light you can see a glisten of fluid on their long bodies, up until it ends in what could be called a "head". Instead of a head, they have a body; the body of a human, clenched in lamprey like mouths.

"Oh, humans...Oh...Oh. Safe...Oh....get you..."

"What is that? Hello? AHHHHH!  AHHHHH!"

"Don't...Don't...HELP HELP."

The creatures rise like cobras, coiling and lifting themselves, the human bodies in their mouths chattering away, repeating the few words they have like a parrot.As they loom in towards you, you can see the face of the man once again, but his eyes are rolled in separate directions and his face is contorted unnaturally, like a discarded puppet.

Gonna stick my neck out for you guys here. You can thank me later.

I squat down and stick my dog head into one of the holes. If I can't see far enough  to discern anything, I'll pay 3 corruption to extend the neck so the head goes as far in as possible, to see if I can get a better view. No attacking anything though, just extend the neck to look. If my head is captured, and i can't pull it back, I'll cut it off at the neck.

Auto Whisper: prepare an attack in case Beirus agitates the man at the television.

Yup. Shoving my head into an unknown hole and thrusting vigorously.

You extend your dog head down the hole after Oracle  and see what he sees.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: December 20, 2016, 01:50:31 pm »

((I knew this would happen, why did I do it?))

90 corruption to Str. Whack the one that was talking to me with my mace.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: December 20, 2016, 02:54:48 pm »

"You knew this would happen and chose to do it WHY?!?"
I fire upon the most wounded enemy in my line of sight at the time I end up firing in the turn order. I do this from the tunnel entrance.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: December 20, 2016, 03:24:05 pm »

"Just because!"
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 88