Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 88

Author Topic: ORO: ANOTHER QUESTION  (Read 107268 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: ORO: Senile ghosts bumbling through the magical realm of mutilation
« Reply #1080 on: December 02, 2016, 01:33:40 am »

Merris and Squish both seem pretty nimble, and Joe there looks like he can handle himself, more or less. Oracle, you and I might be a little awkward across the stepping stones. I suggest that Squish go first and offer assistance to Joe, while Merris guards with the bow. Once those two are across , Merris and Oracle can step across, and maybe one of you nimble people can come back and help me to not miss a step and plummet to my death? Be a shame to waste all these newly acquired pieces on something as ... pedestrian as a loose cobble.
Minnow shall take rearguard, waiting for the others to cross and being ready to attack anything that comes up from behind. If someone helps him keep his balance, he'll cross with them, carefully. If he slips, he'll spend 30 corruption to not fall to his death.

Spoiler: Oz "Minnow" (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Weapons (click to show/hide)
"Sure, I'll go along with your plan."
Zis plan ist gut plan, dooo eeeetttttt.

Spoiler:  Merris (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: December 02, 2016, 01:35:02 am »

"Why should I fear death by falling? The outcome of this venture is already determined, you just haven't seen it yet."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: December 02, 2016, 12:34:35 pm »

The outcome of all life has always been determined. I didn't suggest fear, only practicallity. If you did not still have some fight in you, you wouldn't be here now.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ORO discussion
« Reply #1083 on: December 02, 2016, 02:00:51 pm »

Go to the nice house with the others. Carefully. With my Glaive ready. Watch out for those holes in the wall.

Spoiler: Joe (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: December 02, 2016, 03:40:31 pm »

"Practicality is also predetermined. I shall continue to make the right decisions until I don't, and then die. The apparent attribute of 'still having fight in me' has little to do with my coming death, as Oro kills suddenly even the most determined warriors."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: December 02, 2016, 03:42:25 pm »

Merris and Squish both seem pretty nimble, and Joe there looks like he can handle himself, more or less. Oracle, you and I might be a little awkward across the stepping stones. I suggest that Squish go first and offer assistance to Joe, while Merris guards with the bow. Once those two are across , Merris and Oracle can step across, and maybe one of you nimble people can come back and help me to not miss a step and plummet to my death? Be a shame to waste all these newly acquired pieces on something as ... pedestrian as a loose cobble.
Minnow shall take rearguard, waiting for the others to cross and being ready to attack anything that comes up from behind. If someone helps him keep his balance, he'll cross with them, carefully. If he slips, he'll spend 30 corruption to not fall to his death.

Follow the plan.

Spoiler: Gold Tracer (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1086 on: December 03, 2016, 12:00:27 pm »

Everyone makes it across the semicircular bridge and over to the concrete ledge beyond it with relative ease. Merris in particular seems almost more comfortable leaping between precarious footholds than she does on solid ground. Once on the concrete ledge it becomes obvious that the human voices are coming from inside the holes in the wall. You can all hear them, but it's difficult to make out what they're saying. They seem to be talking to each other in low whispers or perhaps their words are just muffled by the concrete. As you get closer, the talking suddenly stops. A moment later a human head pokes out of one of the holes near the ground and looks up at you.

"Oh, humans" the man says, wiggling up a bit more to reveal his naked upper body and arms. "What are you doing there? You should come with me, we can get you somewhere safe."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ORO discussion
« Reply #1087 on: December 03, 2016, 02:01:17 pm »

I smell a trap. Granted, this whole place is like a trap, but still, we can only see his upper body. Stay quiet and hope someone else can distract the "human" while continuing to move towards the nice house. Protect the others if we get attacked.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 02:22:54 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: December 03, 2016, 02:17:20 pm »

Can we tell the difference between a human and demon? That Spider Mason talked like a human after all. Did we kill their forward scout?

Say:

We just fought a demon with head and chest like a human, but lower body like a spider. It talked like you do, but threw bricks at us. Was this one of yours? Come out, let us see

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 02:20:02 pm by Ozarck »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: December 03, 2016, 03:53:05 pm »

Hold position, wait for hostilities, do not shoot first, do shoot if others attack.

Spoiler:  Merris (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: December 03, 2016, 05:30:59 pm »

Spoiler: The Oracle (click to show/hide)

The Oracle strides confidently up to the man peeking out of the wall.

"Hello there! I happen to know you already, but we can still talk if you like."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: December 05, 2016, 10:07:05 pm »

Auto Whisper: Stand guard, follow the group. Attack any hostiles that actively attack the group

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: December 05, 2016, 10:15:31 pm »

Auto Whisper: Stand guard, follow the group. Attack any hostiles that actively attack the group

Let's just assume Oz can act for me if I'm taking a long time from now on. He seems good at not trying to make me commit suicide.

Spoiler: Gold Tracer (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1093 on: December 06, 2016, 11:14:19 pm »

I smell a trap. Granted, this whole place is like a trap, but still, we can only see his upper body. Stay quiet and hope someone else can distract the "human" while continuing to move towards the nice house. Protect the others if we get attacked.

41+[86]= Fail

You squint down at the human...maybe human...guy. He certainly looks human, there's no like, tiny devil horns on his head or extra eyeball in his nose or something. Nothing obvious. But that other demon, he looked human too. At least mostly. Sort of deformed sure, but not inhuman. You really can't make a judgement either way; nothing screams definitely human, and nothing is obviously demonic.

The Oracle strides confidently up to the man peeking out of the wall.

"Hello there! I happen to know you already, but we can still talk if you like."
The man turns to look at you and says "What."

You look at the current scene and roll your eyes. If your newly made friends wanna stick their dick in the demon glory hole, thats just fine with you, but you're gonna go check out that house.  After all, if you're gonna die, its gonna be doing what you want.

You make your way around to the house, which is jammed right in the wall at just the perfect angle; all nice and centered and flat so that you can walk into it just like you normally would with a home. It's almost too perfect, compared to the chaos of the rest of the shell. It's in surprisingly good condition too, for such a structure, not crushed or torn in half. Hell, the siding isn't even scratched. The building itself, from what you can see, is a two story building, in that sort of americana style. Wood plank walls, square windows with 4 panes of glass connected by a wooden cross in the center, empty flower boxes outside the windows, and a pleasant, bright yellow paint job. The front door has a screen door in front of a white wood door with some simple patterns carved into it. The screen door is already slightly ajar, and a careful twist of the main door's knob lets you know it's unlocked. You press your ear to the wall and hear what sounds like talking coming from inside. It sounds artificial though; like a radio or television.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: December 07, 2016, 12:09:30 am »

"Haha, yeah. I'm pretty much omniscient. Don't let that bother you though, it doesn't really affect anything."
Go shake that man's hand!

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 88