Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Daily Draw  (Read 15897 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Daily Draw
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2016, 04:11:58 pm »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2016, 04:48:02 pm »

I really should watch those older series one day, I kinda gave up part way trough that one that I can't remeber the name of (the one with the super cringey dub and fanservicey suit up procedure where the guy does his shining finger to win every damn fight the same way). It was way too corny for my tastes back then.

Anyways, have a thing:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Don't ask what it is because I have no idea myself tbh
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2016, 04:51:37 pm »

Reminds me of Totodile.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2016, 06:04:07 am »

Missed yesterday because I was exhausted so have a quick one now and a proper one later:

The perspective on the wheels is so awful that I find it painful to look at but I don't have much time to fix it atm xd
AS - IG

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2016, 05:58:53 am »

Oh hey, not only did I not post two on Friday, I also skipped two more days :V

Uh, have a study I guess:

AS - IG

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2016, 07:18:37 am »

Damn, dude. For a second I thought it was real!

What's the technical term for the blue, cool highlight? In contrast to the main one coming from the left?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2016, 12:00:47 pm »

Damn, dude. For a second I thought it was real!

What's the technical term for the blue, cool highlight? In contrast to the main one coming from the left?
That's refracted light. You can learn about that in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkaM5Bfsriw Essentially it's light from the primary light source bouncing off objects behind the subject and hitting the opposite side of it.

Either that or there are just two light sources of different strengths and temperatures. It's a technique that's used a lot in film in order to create contrast. Source of image: http://www.lavideofilmmaker.com/filmmaking/film-lighting-tips.html
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 12:02:50 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2016, 12:50:59 pm »

Since I think the reference I used was a 3d model It's most probably a second lightsource that's set to a cool temp like Gunin says. If it were a RL skull and sitting out in the open on a sunny day then it would've been bounce light from the sky, hence the cool tones.

Edit:
Have an utterly boring and uninspired thing.

Mostly because I feel rather drained (despite not doing much today) and I really don't want to deal with the ever increasing freezes and stuttering in Photoshop right now.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 05:17:44 pm by Jopax »
AS - IG

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2016, 04:16:28 pm »

Today was an uninspired spitpaint topic which I didn't really feel like doing. Then I put on some appropriate music and the thing kinda painted itself from there. (the hands were still a bitch to do)

Spoiler: Deaths Embrace (click to show/hide)
AS - IG

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2016, 06:23:49 pm »

ZE IMAGE DOES NOT VORK?? But thankfully it also shows up on deviantart, so i can tell you that it actually does capture the topic really well, almost depressingly so. :v

also m8 that skull study is fabulous
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2016, 04:42:24 pm »

That's strange, it shows it nicely for me, and it's not cached since it shows up on my phone browser too :S

Also it wasn't really meant to be a depressing take on death, more of a tranquil one. Embrace the nothing and all that.

Anyways, now that I'm seemingly out of my rut (boy was that quick tho), have something I've been toying around with trough sketches. Basically combining a study with something else, like horns:

It's ok for the most part, but I really dislike the feel of some of the darker tones on the face, but it's kinda hard to do nice skin tones if you can't use the subtlety of colour. Still, it would've been even harder to do in colour and I doubt I'd finish it in one sitting in that case :V
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 04:47:58 pm by Jopax »
AS - IG

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2016, 01:51:13 pm »

Finally decided to get some new brushes, been feeling like my current set was starting to stifle the works by relying constantly on the same few tools. Luckily it coincided with the magnificent Aaron Griffin just happened to release some the other day so I just nabbed those (also because he has an amazing style and I wanna try and get some of that mojo in my stuff)
So have a relatively quick study of a face using his set:

Oh god I just realised the part where I cut and resized her nose is still visible ;__;
AS - IG

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2016, 04:32:17 pm »

Just looked through this thread.
Spoiler:  Vishnu the Two Faced (click to show/hide)
This is one of my favourites.

And that "quick study" I found beautiful. Even with the nose-ring. Wonder what her parents thought when she had that put in? :P

This is essentially a PTW.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2016, 03:57:21 pm »

Well, since I'm rather irregular with these for the past several days, have a double one. First a dragon for dwarfy:
Spoiler: Ushas (click to show/hide)
Same deal as with Vishnu up there, tho this one is much earlier in development and there's a lot of figuring out to do yet, but I think I want the general armoured dragon look for him since he'll be some sort of aspect of war/conquest.
Also a random demonic thing doodle because I couldn't think of anything else and I wanted to mess around with pinks:
Spoiler: Ashes to ashes (click to show/hide)
AS - IG

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2016, 04:01:18 pm »

That last one actually reminds me of something from WoW...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9