Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The save file gets corrupted by reclaims. Should the saga of Boarpaints come to an end now?

Hell yeah! Savescum and go for the candy!
- 2 (11.1%)
Let it end now, with NCommander's disastrous turn!
- 6 (33.3%)
Absolutely not! NEVAR GIVE UP, NEVAR SURRENDER!!!
- 9 (50%)
I don't care actually...
- 1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: July 11, 2016, 10:09:03 am

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44

Author Topic: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (v0.23a | FINALE COMING SOOOOOOOOON!)  (Read 115490 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (A Succession Game... in v0.23a???)
« Reply #150 on: April 04, 2016, 12:44:53 pm »

Oddly enough the stockpiles survived. As to whether you're alive, well, the fort just suffered about 75% losses, so...
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 04, 2016, 03:21:24 pm »

Oddly enough the stockpiles survived. As to whether you're alive, well, the fort just suffered about 75% losses, so...
I guess that's bad..
--
"Welcome to Boarpaints! Oh, no, ignore the gory charred mess all over the gate, it's perfectly safe here with zero chance of unicorn-assisted forcible ventilation, gibbering insanity or dwarf-induced, catastrophic melting of everything."

I fixed our fortress presentation text.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 04, 2016, 04:26:31 pm »

I'll go ahead and put that in once I get to my computer.

Also, considering the amount of deaths without any end in sight, I hereby allow the redorfing of all those killed during KingMurdoc's turn, if you want to be redorfed. You'll all get names like "Urist McStabwounds Jr" or "Urist McUnicornchow II".
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #153 on: April 04, 2016, 04:49:45 pm »

I'm blaming all the dead metalsmiths on whoever decided to rush to the magma, by the way.

Not that it really improves that turn, but I have to make myself feel better somehow.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Edward_Tohr

• Bay Watcher
  • Stuffs. Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 04, 2016, 04:55:24 pm »

I'll go ahead and put that in once I get to my computer.

Also, considering the amount of deaths without any end in sight, I hereby allow the redorfing of all those killed during KingMurdoc's turn, if you want to be redorfed. You'll all get names like "Urist McStabwounds Jr" or "Urist McUnicornchow II".

"Edward McNotKilledByUnicorns? That can't be right. Check the death records again." :P
Quietust, what would we ever do without you and your endless knowledge of v0.23a?
I was going to say "fail spectacularly", but you guys seem to be doing a great job of that already.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2016, 05:08:10 pm »

Oh, sorry. When I say I'll give you a redorf, I mean I'll just tack a "jr" or a "II" to the end of your name.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2016, 05:10:56 pm »

"Edward 'Stark Raving Mad' Tohr," Questioning career choices
GM of Trespassers V2.

Edward_Tohr

• Bay Watcher
  • Stuffs. Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 04, 2016, 05:38:09 pm »

Oh, sorry. When I say I'll give you a redorf, I mean I'll just tack a "jr" or a "II" to the end of your name.

I dunno, I think people who didn't specify a profession should get something silly pertaining to their cause of death.

"Edward 'Stark Raving Mad' Tohr," Questioning career choices

Yeah, like that. :P
Quietust, what would we ever do without you and your endless knowledge of v0.23a?
I was going to say "fail spectacularly", but you guys seem to be doing a great job of that already.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #158 on: April 04, 2016, 06:24:58 pm »

I would also ramp up door production, now that I think of it. That was what saved most of the fort; I locked dwarves in bedrooms and the barracks until the magma flooded into the river/chasm.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Onyx Discforge

• Bay Watcher
  • [Greg cancels fight FPS: Went insane]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 04, 2016, 06:32:29 pm »

Wait, correct me if I'm wrong, but this being a 2D fort means that we have a mountain on one side and plains on the other?  Can we build up for a multilevel fort or does that not exist/isn't allowed?  If the former, then how are there trees?  Are all trees just one z level tall?
Don't let past-you pick a username present-you won't like.

Some forts of mine: Snakepit (and Stakepet)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2016, 06:35:00 pm »

It's a 2D GAME.  There is no 'up'.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Onyx Discforge

• Bay Watcher
  • [Greg cancels fight FPS: Went insane]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2016, 06:42:23 pm »

It's a 2D GAME.  There is no 'up'.
But...then...wha?
Onyx Discforge Cancels Being Confused: brain implodes as body collapses into infinitely thin point.
But seriously, if it's all flat, then would the dwarves just be running around in a stone maze of their own construction in broad daylight since there's no level above them, or is there a "roof".
Don't let past-you pick a username present-you won't like.

Some forts of mine: Snakepit (and Stakepet)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2016, 06:45:21 pm »

Well there's a floor, but...I dunno.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Edward_Tohr

• Bay Watcher
  • Stuffs. Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2016, 06:46:57 pm »

Wait, correct me if I'm wrong, but this being a 2D fort means that we have a mountain on one side and plains on the other?  Can we build up for a multilevel fort or does that not exist/isn't allowed?  If the former, then how are there trees?  Are all trees just one z level tall?

There is only one z-level. There is no "up" or "down". Any tile that was dug out is "inside", the rest are "outside".

Also, trees were only 1 z tall until pretty recently. And they only dropped one log, and didn't have fruits, and elves ambushed you with their wooden railguns and we didn't have those fancy underground caverns and we had to be lucky to strike adamantine and the only magma-safe stone was bauxite and don't even think about the magma sea and goblins were created out of thin air when it was time for a seige and we didn't have any of those "doctors" and everyone went on break whenever an important job came up and we had two options for armor, "chain" or "plate"

EoyaBosan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2016, 06:49:21 pm »

And so it begins...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry the images are a bit huge. I only noticed after I'd already uploaded everything.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44