Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The save file gets corrupted by reclaims. Should the saga of Boarpaints come to an end now?

Hell yeah! Savescum and go for the candy!
- 2 (11.1%)
Let it end now, with NCommander's disastrous turn!
- 6 (33.3%)
Absolutely not! NEVAR GIVE UP, NEVAR SURRENDER!!!
- 9 (50%)
I don't care actually...
- 1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: July 11, 2016, 10:09:03 am

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44

Author Topic: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (v0.23a | FINALE COMING SOOOOOOOOON!)  (Read 115949 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (A Succession Game... in v0.23a???)
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2016, 11:08:41 am »

dorf me
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2016, 05:47:13 pm »

I shall be a dorf Dorf me when u can, my dorfy dorf-friends

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2016, 06:24:32 pm »

Dorf me as well, please! I'm fine with anything.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2016, 07:23:52 pm »

... ... ... ... ... ... ...

SIGN ME UP!!! This should be... Interesting...
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2016, 09:57:11 pm »

Ye all be in!

Lists updated.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2016, 10:35:54 pm »

My oh my.

I have to see this.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

El Rey De Los Monos

• Bay Watcher
  • Never forget your towel.
    • View Profile
    • Rey Mono Games
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2016, 10:58:42 pm »

If it's ok I'd like to be dorfed
“You are perfectly safe.”
“But that’s not the point!” raged Ford. “The point is that I am now a perfectly safe penguin, and my colleague here is rapidly running out of limbs!”
- Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2016, 11:00:41 pm »

(Forgive me if I don't quote stuff, for whatever reason the mobile version of bay12forums doesn't have the quote button)
What?  Yes it does have the quote button...  Unless this is actually just a resized desktop version I'm using...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2016, 11:30:39 pm »

I have a feeling I'll be even more incompetent at this than I am at 3D DF, and I'm normally good with 2D games, worse with 3D. Don't sign me up yet. (Keyword is yet)
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2016, 12:26:21 am »

Sign me up. I never played the 2D version so It should be fun!!! :P
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2016, 12:48:15 am »

I'd be fine signing up as an overseer. I've played 0.23a a few times, but didn't get too far because of how unindustrious the dwarven AI was[Carry a rock halfway across the map, get thirsty and go all the way back and then redo the same task with a brand new rock]. Presumably having a succession fort going would give me other peoples' messes to clean up things to do with my time then silently scream at dumb dorfs.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2016, 12:45:38 pm »

sign me up! it'll be !!FUN!!

El Rey De Los Monos

• Bay Watcher
  • Never forget your towel.
    • View Profile
    • Rey Mono Games
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2016, 12:47:57 pm »

If you willing to take a complete noob sign me up
“You are perfectly safe.”
“But that’s not the point!” raged Ford. “The point is that I am now a perfectly safe penguin, and my colleague here is rapidly running out of limbs!”
- Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2016, 04:07:10 pm »

You're hired!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2016, 05:52:52 pm »

You're hired!

What he said. I personally enjoy it when noobs play succession games, because it makes the entire thing more interesting.

TURN 1.... COMMENCE!!!!

1st Granite:
All the lads are scared out of their minds and I don’t blame em’. Everything about this armok-forsaken place is different. The mountain goes on and on, upwards forever, a sheer rock face, climbing up into the heavens. The trees are short and stunted, only yielding a single log when felled.

But what scares me most of all is that I recognize it, from stories that me mum told me when I was but a wee lad.

When Armok forged the earth, he has gone through a vast multitude of changes to his mighty creation, through his servant The Toad. We are nowhere any dwarf has been in millions of years, or in millions of universes.

And we are in that strange, forbidding realm where the most forsaken of fortresses lay: Boatmurdered.
I remember me mum telling me that once to be able to farm, dwarves had to dig into the mountain itself to harness a mighty underground river.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If we are to survive, we shall have to have to rely on our strength and wits alone.

While we dig into the mountain, I order the rest of the lads to chop down the lads to cut down the trees and to build some basic workshops so that we can survive while we carve out holdings for ourselves.

13th Granite
While digging today, my pick broke through the last layer of stone, finding the mighty underground river and confirming my fears. The river, fast and swift tumbled past the stones. When I looked into it, it seemed to drop down into the depths forever.

Because there is no soil here to be found, I order a group of rooms to be built near the river so that we may grow something before the food runs out.

Today, the lads outside reported that there was a herd of unicorns outside. According to my Urist’s Guide to Fortressing, these beasts are capable of goring a dwarf to death before they have a chance to react. Truly terrifying beasts.

25th Slate:
Construction of the farms and storage areas is proceeding nicely. Soon, we will be able to gorge ourselves on mushrooms instead of all this horrible horse meat.

12 Felsite:
The farms have finally been dug out of the mountain, and all we have to do now is wait for the mighty river to flood and muddy the rocks, as me mum told me they used to do.

23rd Felsite:
Jwoodward and I have started cutting out a few storage rooms. Small, because me mum used to tell me that, the mountain would collapse in on itself when one dug too much at once. Truly bizarre.

11th Hematite:

The cave river overflowed today, gushing massive amounts of water into the farms and our cavern. jwoodward, choosing to take a nap in the middle of the corridor, was almost swept into the stream.

Fortunately, we we able to build farms on the freshly muddied rock.

8th Malachite
The lads finally finished building the bridge crossing the mighty stream. I hope no one crosses it during one of those floods.

11th Malachite
Today our good friend back from the mountainhome, Gwolfski, fell out of the sky carrying an anvil. After waking him up, he revealed that we had left our anvil back at the capital, and he had come to deliver it to us. However, when he approached that damn portal that took us here, it sucked him in and transported him to this place.

Now that I think of it, what of all the migrants that mountainhome will send to us? Will they also be sent to the portal, and sucked here to this past realm? Only time will tell.

17th Malachite:
Today EyoyaBosan walked on over to me and suggested that we build a couple of bridges over the cave river to prevent anyone from being knocked off and sent careening into that bottomless pit. I put his suggestion into effect immediately. I shall call it the B.L.T (Bridge-Lever Thingamabob).

9th Galena:
While attempting to get our first batch of booze brewed, imic said that he couldn't do it, for there were no barrels available. Upon closer inspection, it was because Mr. Frog, our resident carpenter, was busy sleeping in the refuse pile.

Dude needs to get some help.

2nd Limestone:
Mr. Frog finally stopped sleeping in the trash pile and made a few barrels before going on break. However, he made just enough barrels for us to brew our first batch of alcohol. Armok be praised!

4th Limestone:
I ordered a bridge to be built, removing us from the outside world in case things start to go awry. After the lads finished building it, I got jwoodward to install a lever in our makeshift dining hall so that there will always be someone available to pull it if things go wrong.

Dorfing and turn lists updated.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 05:55:15 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44