Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The save file gets corrupted by reclaims. Should the saga of Boarpaints come to an end now?

Hell yeah! Savescum and go for the candy!
- 2 (11.1%)
Let it end now, with NCommander's disastrous turn!
- 6 (33.3%)
Absolutely not! NEVAR GIVE UP, NEVAR SURRENDER!!!
- 9 (50%)
I don't care actually...
- 1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: July 11, 2016, 10:09:03 am

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44

Author Topic: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (v0.23a | FINALE COMING SOOOOOOOOON!)  (Read 114518 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (A Succession Game... in v0.23a???)
« Reply #300 on: May 13, 2016, 07:42:05 am »

Pssst Arcvasti. Whassup? You haven't been around for a while...

Been fairly sick plus some majorish projects and essays and stuff. Plus Crawl tournament doesn't help. I'll definitely try to get some more stuff done. I don't think I'll do two years. One year is already a lot of time with the FPS I've been getting and another year will likely be another week of real time, which will start conflicting with schoolwork more.

Perfectly okay. Just upload the save once you're done.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 14, 2016, 10:42:57 pm »

From the journal of Arcvasti III, Reluctant Overseer

10th Moonstone:

The outpost is ready. I'll be heading out on what will most likely be my last mission. I'm leaving Zanzetkuken III and the military in charge. Hopefully they won't get everyone killed attacking the spider or the unicorns.

From the records of Boarpainted, Winter 1057

Month of Moonstone:

Beds produced: 5
Doors produced: 2
Horses butchered: 2

Notable events: N/A

From the Journal of Arcvasti III, Reluctant Overseer, somewhat waterlogged from its trip down the river to the New Fortress

23rd Moonstone: My tunnel's hit the river. I'm building a bridge across. I brought most of the old maps and I SHOULD be able to do the entire operation with minimal risk. The spider's all the way across the river from me. But part of me knows I'm not coming back from this.

26th Moonstone: Successfully made the bridge and have started digging the stretch down to the chasm.

28th Moonstone: I've decided to send these journals downstream. Hopefully they'll wash up near the New Fortress without out being too [illegible blotch] by the water.

Month of Opal:

Beds produced: 7
Doors produced: 10
Horses butchered: 3
Bedrooms excavated: 10

Notable events: N/A

From the Journal of Arcvasti III, Reluctant Overseer, somewhat waterlogged from its trip down the river to the New Fortress

11th Opal:

I'm nearing the chasm, according to my maps. I found a rather beautiful opal mixed in with some rock crystals while digging the tunnel.

14th Opal:

I've rarely dug so long or so hard before. Its exhausting. As much as I want this over with, I'll need my rest. Hopefully nothing kills me while I sleep.

24th Opal:

Nothing killed me while I slept. Although the tepid well water that constituted my morning beverage made me wish otherwise...

26th Opal:

After some tasteless mule meat, I once again feel fortified enough to start digging again. I'll have to be very careful not to break into the Old Fortress by accident while I dig a side tunnel to the magma flow control room.

From the Journal of Arcvasti III, Repentant Hammerer, somewhat waterlogged from its trip down the river to the New Fortress

10th Obsidian: Its done. The tunnel to the control room has been dug. Now all that remains to do is to destroy the chasm magmaduct and pull the floodgate release lever. Then I can be at peace. Free from the guilt, the whispers of the dozens whose life my hammer claimed.

12th Obsidian: Today is the day. If you do not receive another diary in another four days, assume I am dead. If you do not hear the sound of the magma flow in that same time, assume that I have failed. Enclosed are the plans for the Fortress, both Old and New. If I have failed, then it is because of my own weakness, my aversion to violence. Whoever is Overseer next, ensure that the chasm floods with fiery purification, if I can not.

Month of Obsidian:

Beds produced: 10
Doors produced: 13
Horses butchered: 1
Bedrooms excavated: 10

Notable events:
-Contact with Arcvasti III lost, presumed dead. Magma flow not started, indicating failure.
-Extremely low food reserves. Slaughter of breeding females may be necessary.
-New Overseer probably needed.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 14, 2016, 10:56:11 pm »

Looking at the save now, and Jesus, shit got fucked up, didn't it?

Sending Gwolfski a PM.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 14, 2016, 11:05:12 pm »

Looking at the save now, and Jesus, shit got fucked up, didn't it?

Actually, things are pretty stable. We have basically no food or drinks, but its Spring again now and we have horses and a well to tide us until the first harvest. Arcvasti III, some craftsdwarf and 3-5 military folks died, but everyone else is fine. And no deaths at all came from anything besides me looking for trouble. We've got farms, lots and lots of bedrooms and some decent workshop infrastructure set up. And the axedwarves are getting to be reasonably deadly after all their sparring[No ones even died of sparring accidents yet, which is even better].
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 15, 2016, 08:05:51 pm »

Gwolfski's up and ready for his turn! Presenting Boarpaints: The Gwolfening.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 19, 2016, 10:49:37 am »

Gwolfski, are you alive? Tell us of the progression of Boarpaints!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #306 on: May 19, 2016, 11:50:53 am »

Spring Update!

Dear Armok, help us all.

This place is wierd! All flat 'n' stuff! And there's no frickin' food!

First things first: There is a muddy bank down the river. The miner is carving a passage. Second thing: we DON'T have a moat! Or a functioning magma disaster machine. To be fixed. I hope we don't starve until the next caravan...

(OOC: not much interesting happened. Screenshots soonish)
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 19, 2016, 06:13:54 pm »

Spring Update!

Dear Armok, help us all.

This place is wierd! All flat 'n' stuff! And there's no frickin' food!

First things first: There is a muddy bank down the river. The miner is carving a passage. Second thing: we DON'T have a moat! Or a functioning magma disaster machine. To be fixed. I hope we don't starve until the next caravan...

(OOC: not much interesting happened. Screenshots soonish)

Just because nothing happened doesn't mean that you can't make something entertaining to read. Embellish the details! Build up your in-game character! Make a huge, useless contraption!

Having to post every three days =/= making a fortress update every three days. Take your time to make a full, entertaining, fleshed out update.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #308 on: May 20, 2016, 12:36:24 am »

SUMMER UPDATE

{please note, this will be edited}

This really is a strange land. The excavation if the moat has begun, bur I had to edit the design to account for the fact that bridges that are outside don't move. I wish to be back home....

At last! A caravan has been sighted! We will not starve to death! We'll have booze!

Or not. Humans don't know what's good. At least they brought lots of food, so I shouldn't be complaining....

Today I nearly got washed down the river. Apparently, it floods! At least now we have an area for our farms.

Kobolds! Filth! Kill them all! -No, WAIT!!! There's unicorns! Oh, everybody was asleep or drinking anyway...

We sort off ran out of booze again. Is it possible to brew tiger meat?

[quote from=Conversation]

It is done! Urist, pull the lever!
But my name is not Urist!
Just pull it anyway!
But I'm going to bed now..
FINE! I'll pull the goddamn lever![/quote]

And.... YES! It works! Haha, suck on that, unicorns! What are ya? Donkeys with sticks on yer heads! HA!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #309 on: May 21, 2016, 08:56:56 pm »

wait, you fixed FUCKUNICORNS? As in, it doesn't also flood the fort with magma?
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 21, 2016, 11:57:40 pm »

wait, you fixed FUCKUNICORNS? As in, it doesn't also flood the fort with magma?
Well, thats only a minor design flaw. If it kills unicorns, it kills unicorns.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 22, 2016, 12:37:23 am »

Oh, just a question: are all the people that need to be dorfed, dorfed?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 22, 2016, 02:19:04 am »

We sort off ran out of booze again. Is it possible to brew tiger meat?

According to Reddit -- the most reliable repository of human knowledge since Wikipedia, Yahoo Answers, and public washroom graffiti -- animal flesh doesn't have a sufficient carbohydrate content to ferment into alcohol. So I'm leaning towards "no".
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #313 on: May 22, 2016, 02:30:19 am »

I think I won't have time to finish my turn, so I'll upload the save in summer.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 25, 2016, 07:24:16 pm »

Okay. I'm starting to get annoyed with the number of times I have to remind people to make posts regarding the fort. I can understand if you can't make an update every three days: I'm not asking you to. I just want to be able to know that people are actually playing the fort.

This is why I'm now implementing a new rule regarding updates: If I have to remind you to keep the thread notified three times, I'm booting you out of the turn list. If I have to do this more than once, I'm gonna start getting pissed.

Gwolfski: You said you'd post a save after you finished playing summer. Your last update was the summer update. Ergo, I want a fucking save file.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44