Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The save file gets corrupted by reclaims. Should the saga of Boarpaints come to an end now?

Hell yeah! Savescum and go for the candy!
- 2 (11.1%)
Let it end now, with NCommander's disastrous turn!
- 6 (33.3%)
Absolutely not! NEVAR GIVE UP, NEVAR SURRENDER!!!
- 9 (50%)
I don't care actually...
- 1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: July 11, 2016, 10:09:03 am

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44

Author Topic: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (v0.23a | FINALE COMING SOOOOOOOOON!)  (Read 115621 times)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
Re: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (A Succession Game... in v0.23a???)
« Reply #525 on: July 23, 2016, 08:28:18 pm »

Got it. To be honest, competent players are actually what this fortress needs. This is, assuming that Boarpaints survives another NCommander turn.

I can't decide if I've just been complimented or insulted ...

And to be fair, I did save it from burning down ...
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 23, 2016, 09:30:50 pm »

Got it. To be honest, competent players are actually what this fortress needs. This is, assuming that Boarpaints survives another NCommander turn.

I can't decide if I've just been complimented or insulted ...

And to be fair, I did save it from burning down ...

Nobody's questioning your DF skills, just how many deities and/or reclusive old gypsy ladies you've offended.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 23, 2016, 10:45:59 pm »

Im busy for the next twelve days, stick me at the bottom... Again...

Mmkay. Sending a PM to Dozebom.
Wait, but if Imic can't do it, than I still have time to play!
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 23, 2016, 11:26:41 pm »

Is ok, NCommander. My great-grandfather was a fireman, and you inspire us all to follow his example in safety procedures and handy extinguishers. Very few people intentionally set their homes on fire. In fact, most homes - even your homes - manage to go decades without burning down!
My RL is shit, I think I wan't be able to play cause I'm going for a two week vacation. I thought that Gwolfski would be done a bit earlier and I would still be able to play after Imic, but well... :'(
I thought you meant you won't be able to play?

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #529 on: July 24, 2016, 01:00:29 am »

Is ok, NCommander. My great-grandfather was a fireman, and you inspire us all to follow his example in safety procedures and handy extinguishers. Very few people intentionally set their homes on fire. In fact, most homes - even your homes - manage to go decades without burning down!

I'm a retired firefighter (West Henrietta Fire Department, 2007-2011). Somehow, in knowing that I worked to stop fires, burning down Boarpaints makes it all the worse ...
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 24, 2016, 01:03:09 am »

Im busy for the next twelve days, stick me at the bottom... Again...

Mmkay. Sending a PM to Dozebom.
Wait, but if Imic can't do it, than I still have time to play!

Oh. Well then. Sending another PM to Dozebom to get him stopped. Take that save and roll with it baby!
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 24, 2016, 01:16:27 am »

I'm a retired firefighter (West Henrietta Fire Department, 2007-2011). Somehow, in knowing that I worked to stop fires, burning down Boarpaints makes it all the worse ...
...While you're still promoting fire-safe housing and design with these community fortresses, saying that we are inspired to follow your example feels off, somehow.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #532 on: July 24, 2016, 02:56:02 am »

]...While you're still promoting fire-safe housing and design with these community fortresses, saying that we are inspired to follow your example feels off, somehow.

Things not to lead by example:
1. Arson
2. Getting into a land war in Asia
3. Playing Dwarf Fortress drunk

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 24, 2016, 07:56:41 am »

Yupee starting playing tomorrow 8)
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 25, 2016, 07:57:13 pm »

OK so I did not start yesterday, and I will start today, but what I'm supposed to install again?

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 25, 2016, 08:03:08 pm »

OK so I did not start yesterday, and I will start today, but what I'm supposed to install again?

Sorry, but what do you mean by "install again"? Do you mean DF, or do you mean the .exe file?
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 25, 2016, 09:36:04 pm »

Ah ok right, so I have to install the exe.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 25, 2016, 10:34:31 pm »

Ah ok right, so I have to install the exe.

Yeah, its a replacement with a bunch of bugfixes.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 28, 2016, 09:06:34 am »

So sorry, I played for a year, but I won't be able to upload the save cause I'm leaving in like 4 hours and I have to sleep.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #539 on: July 28, 2016, 12:08:59 pm »

we can wait. if you must, email it.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44