Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The save file gets corrupted by reclaims. Should the saga of Boarpaints come to an end now?

Hell yeah! Savescum and go for the candy!
- 2 (11.1%)
Let it end now, with NCommander's disastrous turn!
- 6 (33.3%)
Absolutely not! NEVAR GIVE UP, NEVAR SURRENDER!!!
- 9 (50%)
I don't care actually...
- 1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: July 11, 2016, 10:09:03 am

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44

Author Topic: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (v0.23a | FINALE COMING SOOOOOOOOON!)  (Read 115613 times)

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (A Succession Game... in v0.23a???)
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2016, 05:30:32 pm »

I'd actually like a turn as well, please. I don't want to miss this.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2016, 09:26:22 pm »

I'd actually like a turn as well, please. I don't want to miss this.

In ye go matey!
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2016, 10:39:18 pm »

Anyone know how to apply that patch to the Linux versions, or am I going to have to run it on WINE and feel quite silly?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2016, 10:50:12 pm »

Anyone know how to apply that patch to the Linux versions, or am I going to have to run it on WINE and feel quite silly?

I believe 23a was before Linux support.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2016, 07:38:10 pm »

(Goddamn phone again)

^^ What Zanzutken said.

Also, I got through the year today. Write-up tomorrow or wednesday, save soon after. Gonna make sure that I fixed the hex.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2016, 06:16:45 pm »

15th Limestone:
A couple of merchants just arrived at the outskirts of the fortress today. Oddly enough, it seemed like they expected to find a fortress here. How the hell they knew about it beats me, cause as far as I can tell we’re out in the middle o’ nowhere, and nobody we know knows where we are.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The only things they actually had were five spools of cloth, ten plump helmets, some cave fish and some leather. The only other thing that happened was that they shoved a piece o’ parchment in me hands sayin' “HAVE YOU REMEMBERED TO PRAISE THE KING TODAY?”

Just a question: what kind of goddamn merchants only carry that much around with them? Hell, I’m just glad that now whatever civilization out there knows about us. I traded them four buckets for all of their plump helmets.

7th Sandstone

The B.L.T has finished construction. This lever connects to those two bridges blocking the river. I would highly suggest not pulling that lever for any reason.

In addition, the lever in the dining room is connected to the bridge outside. As me mum used to say, ye can never be too careful.

16th Sandstone

From me mum’s stories, I know that humans used to only trade if a fortress had long, wide roads on which they could drive their wagons. Even if it is only a myth, a road would be good for attracting some immigrants, now that this place’s mountainhome knows about us.

1st Moonstone:

Winter is upon us. The farms have dried up, and the nights grow cold outside. Hopefully we have enough food to survive until spring comes again.

8th Timber:

We needed some more wood for beds and barrels, so Mr. Frog goes out to chop down some trees.

16th Timber:

Today, a scream was heard from outside the fortress! As we all rushed to see what happened, it turned out that Mr. Frog had accidentally provoked the unicorns as he was cutting down trees.

Thankfully, he didn’t get so close to the unicorns as to provoke their ungodly wrath. We won’t be so lucky next time.

10th Opal

Because the farmers had nothing to do, EyoyaBosan decided to throw a party. While I would normally be fine with this, everybody rushed into the room, cancelling whatever it was we were doing. Goddamnit, we NEED those roads!

4th Obsidian:

Parties. Nothing but parties. EyoyaBosan and Zanzetkuken have been throwing endless parties ever since that first one in Opal. I can’t think, I can’t sleep, I can’t even think! Quiet down ye bastards!

1st Granite:

Spring has arrived. In ancient dwarven tradition, fortress management will be turned over to another dwarf. About time too. Now I’ll have plenty of time mining to think to myself.

I will break us out of this place. I will see my family again.

There you go! The save goes up tomorrow, after I've sufficiently satisfied my OCD with the hex.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2016, 08:06:46 pm »

Can anyone send me a full download, by the way? I can't be arsed to try and get the .exe patched under WINE.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Kadian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon (Semi-wild)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2016, 10:12:40 pm »

Remind me, why didn't I request dorfing for Boatmurdered 2? °-° Well, better later than never:

Mihr:Military Dorf:Mistress:Female

I shall be wannabe Nobility! . . .which probably gets promptly thrown into jail for an unfullfilled mandate, even though I'm military. Yay?

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2016, 03:52:28 pm »

Remind me, why didn't I request dorfing for Boatmurdered 2? °-° Well, better later than never:

I shall be wannabe Nobility! . . .which probably gets promptly thrown into jail for an unfullfilled mandate, even though I'm military. Yay?

Yer in!

The save is up. jwoodward48df has 24 hours to respond before he is skipped.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2016, 05:49:17 pm »

Yer in!

The save is up. jwoodward48df has 24 hours to respond before he is skipped.

OK, so can some2 pm me a link to this version of this game... I can't find one
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2016, 05:53:28 pm »

Quote from: TheImmortalRyukan link=topic=156873.msg6891964#msg6891964 date=1458773357
OK, so can some2 pm me a link to this version of this game... I can't find one
[/quote

Its on the bay12games website, under downloads, then in the link that says "older versions". We're using v0.23a, or v0.23.130.23a.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2016, 06:52:53 pm »

I thought there's a patched exe supplied.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2016, 07:26:13 pm »

Now that I think about it, the tool should run just fine. Worked for EoSD, should work for DF, no?

EDIT: nevermind
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 08:07:57 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2016, 08:11:53 pm »

(Phone)

The link that I got just linked to a bunch of hex changes, and no actual patched .exe download.

If there is an actual fully patched download available, we're switching to that. I'm paranoid that I accidentally screwed up the hex.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 08:14:03 pm by DolosusDoleus »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2016, 08:32:38 pm »

wait, what was that in the OP then? because I just downloaded that .exe and swapped it for the default
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44