Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The save file gets corrupted by reclaims. Should the saga of Boarpaints come to an end now?

Hell yeah! Savescum and go for the candy!
- 2 (11.1%)
Let it end now, with NCommander's disastrous turn!
- 6 (33.3%)
Absolutely not! NEVAR GIVE UP, NEVAR SURRENDER!!!
- 9 (50%)
I don't care actually...
- 1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: July 11, 2016, 10:09:03 am

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44

Author Topic: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (v0.23a | FINALE COMING SOOOOOOOOON!)  (Read 115782 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (A Succession Game... in v0.23a???)
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2016, 11:03:22 am »

That's the one that I patched myself.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2016, 11:07:58 am »

I have absolutely no idea what you guys are talking about, I'm just nodding my head in mock understanding
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2016, 12:46:07 pm »

I CANNOT FIND THE SAVE

Never mind, I found it now. Hm, you put it in the players list and only in the players list. Is that common?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 02:01:14 pm by jwoodward48df »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2016, 02:18:00 pm »

I actually dunno procedure around here. My last couple of succession games have been on other forums and such.

Also I just found out while goofing around that all those patches I put in didn't actually take effect, so that link on the OP is just a vanilla .exe. *sigh*

Doing all that patch work took FOREVER. If someone else wants to do it, they can, but I've wasted too much time on it.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2016, 03:35:09 pm »

13th Slate:

"STOP PARTYING!!!!" Jaywood shouts, pushing the table to a side. "Zanzutkeken? Zanutzekkenzen? Whatever your name is! Get to work! You're our only architect, and we need wells, bridges, mills, and whatnot! We don't have time for partying, we have a fortress to carve out! You've started seven parties in the last year, it's pathetic. WORK! I'm the new overseer now, self-declared since YOU WON'T WORK! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORK!" To solve the problem, Jaywood pushed the table out of the room, then back in. "There. This is a new room, and it's not a loitering room, or a partying room. It's a room for people to eat in, and then you get back out and keep working."
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

El Rey De Los Monos

• Bay Watcher
  • Never forget your towel.
    • View Profile
    • Rey Mono Games
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2016, 10:14:17 pm »

I have absolutely no idea what you guys are talking about, I'm just nodding my head in mock understanding
that makes two of us
“You are perfectly safe.”
“But that’s not the point!” raged Ford. “The point is that I am now a perfectly safe penguin, and my colleague here is rapidly running out of limbs!”
- Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2016, 03:21:44 am »

I don't know which is more hilarious.  The fact that so many parties are being thrown, or the dwarves that throw the most (apparently Eyoya and mine, as mentioned in the last update of Doleus) are the dwarves of the overseers of the fourth and fifth turns.  If both of us decide to run our turns in accordance to those personalities, the fort may take some time to recover...this is going to be fun...

Edit: Admittedly, by the time my turn comes up, I'll probably have forgotten about this.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 03:38:04 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2016, 09:19:52 am »

that makes two of us

Well, we WERE going to be used a patched version of v0.23 to deal with all the nasty bugs like dwarves trying to drink from the magma river and the sheriff always getting angry for not having enough jails. However, after spending two goddamn hours on trying to patch it because no such patched version exists online, I found out that all those bugs were still present.

I don't know which is more hilarious.  The fact that so many parties are being thrown, or the dwarves that throw the most (apparently Eyoya and mine, as mentioned in the last update of Doleus) are the dwarves of the overseers of the fourth and fifth turns.  If both of us decide to run our turns in accordance to those personalities, the fort may take some time to recover...this is going to be fun...

Edit: Admittedly, by the time my turn comes up, I'll probably have forgotten about this.

Even so, I'd still want to see this.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2016, 10:02:23 am »

But I like having avatars of Sankis...
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Edward_Tohr

• Bay Watcher
  • Stuffs. Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2016, 01:49:12 pm »

EDIT: Probably should have tested before putting it up...

RE-EDIT: There we go. http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11887
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 02:28:29 pm by Edward_Tohr »
Quietust, what would we ever do without you and your endless knowledge of v0.23a?
I was going to say "fail spectacularly", but you guys seem to be doing a great job of that already.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2016, 02:12:54 pm »

Useful info (which is likely not common knowledge): the Github repository for DFHack-23a (which has no official release, but is still mostly functional) contains patch files for all of the bugfixes and enhancements I've made, and you can apply them using the "binpatch.exe" utility that comes with the latest DFHack release for 0.42.xx.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Edward_Tohr

• Bay Watcher
  • Stuffs. Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2016, 02:34:53 pm »

Useful info (which is likely not common knowledge): the Github repository for DFHack-23a (which has no official release, but is still mostly functional) contains patch files for all of the bugfixes and enhancements I've made, and you can apply them using the "binpatch.exe" utility that comes with the latest DFHack release for 0.42.xx.

Well now I just feel foolish. :P

Oh well, it was an excuse to break out the hex editor. :P
Quietust, what would we ever do without you and your endless knowledge of v0.23a?
I was going to say "fail spectacularly", but you guys seem to be doing a great job of that already.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2016, 06:07:31 pm »

EDIT: Probably should have tested before putting it up...

RE-EDIT: There we go. http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11887

Thank you! You win 100 internet points!

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2016, 07:25:51 am »

Well now I just feel foolish. :P

Oh well, it was an excuse to break out the hex editor. :P
There's no reason for you to feel foolish - if anything, I'm the one who should feel foolish for never making that information readily available.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2016, 05:57:39 pm »

Sorry guys, I wasted my time trying to patch the exe!

Anyway, a migrant wave of 19 dwarves arrived in the middle of spring. I'm digging out rooms for them, or at least will be once I'm done with the industrial rooms. Priorities!

Late Spring: While digging out the new rooms, I struck silver! An idiotic hunter from the migrant wave was mauled by a unicorn. He'll live. Or he won't.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 06:02:43 pm by jwoodward48df »
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44