Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The save file gets corrupted by reclaims. Should the saga of Boarpaints come to an end now?

Hell yeah! Savescum and go for the candy!
- 2 (11.1%)
Let it end now, with NCommander's disastrous turn!
- 6 (33.3%)
Absolutely not! NEVAR GIVE UP, NEVAR SURRENDER!!!
- 9 (50%)
I don't care actually...
- 1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: July 11, 2016, 10:09:03 am

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44

Author Topic: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (v0.23a | FINALE COMING SOOOOOOOOON!)  (Read 114511 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (A Succession Game... in v0.23a???)
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2016, 02:02:37 pm »

You make steel from hematite. I'm currently digging out hematite. Well, my dwarf is. Once there's a boulder dug out, have somebody make steel at the smelter. (It's in the middle right of the lower industries. South of the main corridor, close to the river.)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2016, 04:24:03 pm »

I know how to make steel. Problem is that no one seems to want to put in the effort to digging up the hematite.

Also the unicorn mauling random civilians in the main hall.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2016, 04:53:09 pm »

This really is Boatmurdered but with unicorns isn't it...
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2016, 05:24:07 pm »

DRAFT EVERYBODY KILL THE UNICORN NOW OR WE WILL ALL DIE

I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO GET PEOPLE TO TRAIN SO I COULDN'T START AN ARMY

DAMMIT I CAUSED THIS
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Onyx Discforge

• Bay Watcher
  • [Greg cancels fight FPS: Went insane]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2016, 06:43:04 pm »

Oh boy, unicorns.  It will be fun to watch everyone spiral into magma-fueled madness menacing with spikes of unicorn bone thrive with a rich unicorn bone export legacy.  Yeah...totally going to happen...

Anyways, I would like to request the most useless dorm you have.
Onyx Discforge:Military:Professional Distraction:Male Dwarf

Give him double shields (or just one if you can't do that in 0.23) made from the heaviest not-too-important metal you have and little/no armor (having him run around in silk panties leggings or something would be hilarious).  Have him train solely in dodging and blocking, no weapons allowed!  Then when we have a pest problem, send him outside, lock the door, and see how many unicorns he can distract/kill.  I'll then keep a list of how many points each redorfing gets for a multigenerational competition.  Fun and brutal death for all!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 06:55:40 pm by Onyx Discforge »
Don't let past-you pick a username present-you won't like.

Some forts of mine: Snakepit (and Stakepet)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2016, 09:38:57 pm »

Oh boy, unicorns.  It will be fun to watch everyone spiral into magma-fueled madness menacing with spikes of unicorn bone thrive with a rich unicorn bone export legacy.  Yeah...totally going to happen...

Give him double shields (or just one if you can't do that in 0.23) made from the heaviest not-too-important metal you have and little/no armor (having him run around in silk panties leggings or something would be hilarious).  Have him train solely in dodging and blocking, no weapons allowed!  Then when we have a pest problem, send him outside, lock the door, and see how many unicorns he can distract/kill.  I'll then keep a list of how many points each redorfing gets for a multigenerational competition.  Fun and brutal death for all!

"most useless dorm"

Sounds like my bedrooms!
Sigtext!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 30, 2016, 07:49:38 am »

You know, given how these succession games tend to turn out I'm willing to bet that your dorf will somehow become out fortress's mightiest unicorn slayer.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2016, 10:43:43 am »

Urist McDuelshield The Unicorn Bane, slayer of those dreaded bests...

And I love at how fast things hit the fan
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Onyx Discforge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2016, 12:44:59 pm »

"most useless dorm"

Sounds like my bedrooms!

Onyx Disforge the Useless Dorm has arrived!  A bedroom twisted into humanoid form.  It wields twin shields and is covered in unwashed bedsheets.  It menaces with spikes of dirty laundry.  Beware its deadly stinky bedsheets!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2016, 08:33:00 pm »

Alright, time to load up again, since the words for a CW just aren't coming right now.

Taupe seems to have finally put an end to the unicorns in the main hall. I've ordered construction of several traps for the blasted things.

Good riddance.

FUCK

Ah well, time to get to work on making some steel befo-

You are literally worse than useless.

In other news, I've started smelting some of that hematite. Hopefully I can find away across that magma river. Speaking of that, I've ordered work started that might utilize the blood of Armok to our advantage. It will take a while, but I'm certain it will be worth the effort.

This is awkward.

Guys, I'm right here.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 11:58:10 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Onyx Discforge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2016, 11:25:21 pm »

This is awkward.

Guys, I'm right here.

I see the problem.  You're drowning in air.  Too much air in your lungs.  Gonna have to squeeze some out and replace it with good old dwarven ale.  Trust me, I'm a distraction doctor.  Almost.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2016, 11:52:30 pm »

Problem: Keyboard seriously bugged out in the game. Can't save, don't want to quit, what should I do?

EDIT: I gave up. Scratch all of the last update.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 12:39:09 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2016, 03:43:23 am »

Problem: Keyboard seriously bugged out in the game. Can't save, don't want to quit, what should I do?

in future, try on-screen keyboard. It's a mess to find, so i find random words, copy them with the the mouse and paste them in  a text file until it spells keyboard, put in the search bar in the start menu, should pop up. In case of emergencies only!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2016, 06:34:32 am »

I hope you kept a backup copy of the savegame, because end-tasking that version of DF will cause save corruption if any units have visited (caravans, diplomats, sieges) or if you've created any art images.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2016, 09:06:05 am »

Sadness. I was enjoying that last update. Sad to see it was all lost.

These unicorns really are starting to become a problem, aren't they? Hehehe...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44