Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The save file gets corrupted by reclaims. Should the saga of Boarpaints come to an end now?

Hell yeah! Savescum and go for the candy!
- 2 (11.1%)
Let it end now, with NCommander's disastrous turn!
- 6 (33.3%)
Absolutely not! NEVAR GIVE UP, NEVAR SURRENDER!!!
- 9 (50%)
I don't care actually...
- 1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: July 11, 2016, 10:09:03 am

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44

Author Topic: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (v0.23a | FINALE COMING SOOOOOOOOON!)  (Read 114524 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (A Succession Game... in v0.23a???)
« Reply #285 on: May 06, 2016, 09:15:00 pm »

From the journal of Arcvasti III, Reluctant Overseer

17th Sandstone:

The Marksdwarves have mostly been sitting around throwing parties. This isn't really terribly productive. Me and some other miners start digging out some archery practice chambers while Gwolfski III carves out fortifications so they can fire directly into the depot area.

24th Sandtone:

I ordered that all ammo should be stockpiled in the archery practice chambers. Pisskop III, the idiot, decided to go into unicorn infested territory searching for a single iron bolt. I'm sending Zanzetkuken III's squad over to help, but if the unicorns get serious its probably already over for him.

25th Sandstone:

Pisskop III made it away safely, but the incident is still an act of war. These unicorns have disrespected us for the last time. I want to do SOMETHING about them before I die. Now is as good a time as any.

26th Sandstone:

We are not alone in the fight against the unicorns. The caravan guard has stayed behind and has killed at least one of the beasts. He now stands alone against an entire herd. I fear we are too late, but the axedwarves[Minus Zanzetkuken III, who got hungry and went back in to eat] are on their way regardless.

27th Sandstone: The axedwarves keep getting distracted by hunger and thirst and the caravan guard is almost dead. He seems to have misplaced his axe and is being mauled by the unicorn herd. Pisskop III has finally managed to pick up the iron bolt and is towing it back to the fortress in triumph.

2nd Timber:

Taupe III and the caravan guard are dead. He was the only axedwarf to make it to the unicorns without deciding to go get a drink or a bite to eat. Somehow, he lost his axe and was quickly skewered. Dammit. These unicorns are more dangerous then they look, with their horns piercing iron like it was paper. We'll need two new coffins. Apparently missions so far from the fortress are utterly infeasible.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #286 on: May 06, 2016, 09:25:48 pm »

TIME FOR MAGMA AGAIN
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #287 on: May 07, 2016, 04:51:46 am »

TIME FOR MAGMA AGAIN

Ehmmm.... didn't something go very wrong when we did that last time?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 07, 2016, 10:07:04 am »

Are there any like, waterskins or backpacks for rations in this version?

In any case... *sigh* I'll take a fourth dwarf to avenge my family name. Misguided Avenger sounds like an appropriate title.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 07, 2016, 11:05:06 am »

In any case... *sigh* I'll take a fourth dwarf to avenge my family name. Misguided Avenger sounds like an appropriate title.

I don't THINK we brought any on reclaim and I didn't think to draft some unskilled dwarf into turning our mules into them. I'll definitely have to remember to do that later, probably during Winter.

TIME FOR MAGMA AGAIN

Ehmmm.... didn't something go very wrong when we did that last time?

Even if it works properly, that means no wood except through the elves and humans. The unicorns haven't been THAT bad. They only defended themselves. Pisskop only got harassed while he was searching for that bolt.
Spooky Signature

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #290 on: May 07, 2016, 04:39:04 pm »

Yes, there are, but waterskins only hold water  (and will thus lead to alcohol withdrawal).

Even if it works properly, that means no wood except through the elves and humans.
Caravans don't bring wood logs in this version - they only bring cloth, leather, meat/fish, plants, drinks, extracts, powders, cheese, crafts, and animals.

Also, lava floods only destroy saplings and shrubs - fully grown trees will survive just fine.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #291 on: May 07, 2016, 06:07:31 pm »

Even if it works properly, that means no wood except through the elves and humans. The unicorns haven't been THAT bad. They only defended themselves. Pisskop only got harassed while he was searching for that bolt.

[points at the time there was a group of 5 unicorns mauling people in the entrance]
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 07, 2016, 06:10:55 pm »

Even if it works properly, that means no wood except through the elves and humans.
Caravans don't bring wood logs in this version - they only bring cloth, leather, meat/fish, plants, drinks, extracts, powders, cheese, crafts, and animals.

Also, lava floods only destroy saplings and shrubs - fully grown trees will survive just fine.

Well then. The more you kn-RELEASE THE FLOODGATES! BURN THE UNICORNS TO DEATH!

(Quietust, what would we ever do without you and your endless knowledge of v0.23a?)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 07, 2016, 08:05:07 pm »

(Quietust, what would we ever do without you and your endless knowledge of v0.23a?)
We would probably fail ever so slightly harder. If such a thing is possible.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #294 on: May 07, 2016, 08:34:48 pm »

Quietust, what would we ever do without you and your endless knowledge of v0.23a?
I was going to say "fail spectacularly", but you guys seem to be doing a great job of that already.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #295 on: May 07, 2016, 09:00:06 pm »

I was going to say "fail spectacularly", but you guys seem to be doing a great job of that already.
I feel like this is siggable.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 07, 2016, 09:23:35 pm »

I'll be reading through the backlog over the next while.

In the meantime, dorf me? Ampersand, Male, whatever seems amusing at the time.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Edward_Tohr

• Bay Watcher
  • Stuffs. Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 09, 2016, 10:26:18 pm »

Quietust, what would we ever do without you and your endless knowledge of v0.23a?

Yoink.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 11, 2016, 08:19:48 am »

(McBump)

Pssst Arcvasti. Whassup? You haven't been around for a while...
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 11, 2016, 11:31:37 pm »

Pssst Arcvasti. Whassup? You haven't been around for a while...

Been fairly sick plus some majorish projects and essays and stuff. Plus Crawl tournament doesn't help. I'll definitely try to get some more stuff done. I don't think I'll do two years. One year is already a lot of time with the FPS I've been getting and another year will likely be another week of real time, which will start conflicting with schoolwork more.

From the Journal of Arcvasti III, Reluctant Overseer

5th Timber: The unicorns don't seem to be menacing the corpses of our fallen comrades, which is something, at least. I've started work on the outpost for the chasm flooding expedition. If things go well, I might be living there for quite some time. Or I might die. There's some peace in that thought, at least. A single miner with good lever pulling arms can do more damage then a whole squad of axedwarves. Ideally, I'll want a bed, a well and some way to get food in from the outside safely. Should at least be an engineering project to keep people's minds off the deaths.

15th Timber: Work on the outpost goes well, although the mason keeps finding excuses to shirk his share of the work. To show him, I locked him in. He responded by falling asleep. Idiot. Maybe a night on the hard cave floor will teach him not to be so lazy.

3rd Moonstone: Nothing much has happened. Winter is here. The outpost is almost finished. I'll leave on my expedition soon, now that stability has been established. The people refuse to bury our dead, instead dedicating the coffins to the ancient residents of this place. Who cares. The dead sure don't.
Spooky Signature
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44