Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The save file gets corrupted by reclaims. Should the saga of Boarpaints come to an end now?

Hell yeah! Savescum and go for the candy!
- 2 (11.1%)
Let it end now, with NCommander's disastrous turn!
- 6 (33.3%)
Absolutely not! NEVAR GIVE UP, NEVAR SURRENDER!!!
- 9 (50%)
I don't care actually...
- 1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: July 11, 2016, 10:09:03 am

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44

Author Topic: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (v0.23a | FINALE COMING SOOOOOOOOON!)  (Read 115887 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (A Succession Game... in v0.23a???)
« Reply #330 on: June 01, 2016, 09:49:12 pm »

Oooh, an actual successful 23a succession game. SIgn me up (yes, I know I'm on a sign up bing on the forums, but I did a long livestream on 23a which ended when I flooded the world by accident)

Coolio.

Also, MoonyTheHuman, where the hell are you? I'm not going to PM you, because I'm getting really sick of PMing people.

Just save a template that you copy+paste. It's what I do for Clobbermountains.

Also

Oooh, an actual successful 23a succession game. SIgn me up (yes, I know I'm on a sign up bing on the forums, but I did a long livestream on 23a which ended when I flooded the world by accident)
successful
23a
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #331 on: June 01, 2016, 09:55:55 pm »

Successful in the sense it's got an active game going. There have been a few attempts to get a 23a game off the ground in the past, but I never saw one actually get going beyond maybe a single update.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 01, 2016, 09:59:21 pm »

Successful in the sense it's got an active game going. There have been a few attempts to get a 23a game off the ground in the past, but I never saw one actually get going beyond maybe a single update.

Sad, since 23a forts are consistently hilarious owing to the brutal gameplay.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #333 on: June 01, 2016, 10:03:34 pm »

The downside to 23a (at least in a single player game) is I find it gets kinda boring about the time you hit the magma sea, and the interface is extremely tedious at times. I've never managed to "Too Deep" a fortress since "BORED NOW" strikes before I hit the candy.
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 01, 2016, 10:06:44 pm »

The downside to 23a (at least in a single player game) is I find it gets kinda boring about the time you hit the magma sea, and the interface is extremely tedious at times. I've never managed to "Too Deep" a fortress since "BORED NOW" strikes before I hit the candy.

Fortunately that tends to be mitigated a bit in succession games due to the typical succession fuckery, although when boredom does strike there tends to be very little to do in the meantime.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 01, 2016, 11:10:04 pm »

Fortunately that tends to be mitigated a bit in succession games due to the typical succession fuckery, although when boredom does strike there tends to be very little to do in the meantime.

Maybe have the turns last a shorter amount of time to keep the pace up?  Maybe have tenure be for a season rather than a year?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 01, 2016, 11:16:17 pm »

Maybe have the turns last a shorter amount of time to keep the pace up?  Maybe have tenure be for a season rather than a year?

I think that might be a bit too short.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #337 on: June 01, 2016, 11:33:26 pm »

Personally, I think a year strikes a good balance between playability and turnover, though on rare occassions, I think its important to have more than a year (i.e., fortress reclaims can take more than one. I remember the reclaim of Battlefailed ...)

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #338 on: June 02, 2016, 02:08:16 am »

Coolio.

Also, MoonyTheHuman, where the hell are you? I'm not going to PM you, because I'm getting really sick of PMing people.
time bit me on the nose, i just have breif moments to post.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 04, 2016, 10:17:24 pm »

Moony! Como esta la fortaleza?? (What's up with the fortress??)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 05, 2016, 08:19:51 pm »

So Moony has elected to be skipped, as he apparently has flooded the whole fort in magma (which I'd still like to see screenshots of lol), so  next up is El Rey De Los Monos!
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

El Rey De Los Monos

• Bay Watcher
  • Never forget your towel.
    • View Profile
    • Rey Mono Games
« Reply #341 on: June 05, 2016, 10:44:38 pm »

ill start up the turn tomorrow
“You are perfectly safe.”
“But that’s not the point!” raged Ford. “The point is that I am now a perfectly safe penguin, and my colleague here is rapidly running out of limbs!”
- Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

El Rey De Los Monos

• Bay Watcher
  • Never forget your towel.
    • View Profile
    • Rey Mono Games
« Reply #342 on: June 06, 2016, 11:01:05 pm »

The Journal of reluctant overseer El Rey De Los Monos

My name is El Rey De Los Monos. I am a simple metalworker and my family has lived here for 3 generations but that all changed today.

I woke up this morning to a knock on my head, it was a dwarf with a paper saying that the previous overseer had deserted the fort and the sheriff had decided that I would be the next overseer.
I at first laughed thinking that this was simply some joke but I came to find out that sadly it was not and I would have to lead this fort in spite of every protest.

So today I scouted the fort to see what I could see

and deciding to make the best of a bad situation I ordered larger quarters be made for myself and any following overseers.

I was approched by a farmer who was very proud to announce that was more experienced

Well I shall stop writing here for today and I pray that Armok will come to our aid.

Have been dorfed

sorry for the short post I got a late start today. Also is there a way to zoom out?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:04:18 pm by El Rey De Los Monos »
“You are perfectly safe.”
“But that’s not the point!” raged Ford. “The point is that I am now a perfectly safe penguin, and my colleague here is rapidly running out of limbs!”
- Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #343 on: June 07, 2016, 02:24:45 am »

Oooh, I'm a noble. Yay. Go make stuff you guys!

YOu can't zoom out "per say", but you can "Export to BMP" on the pause menu, which will dump the entire playable area to a giant file which you can zoom in on. I believe the file lands in in data/saves somewhere.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 07, 2016, 06:11:14 pm »

Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44