Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The save file gets corrupted by reclaims. Should the saga of Boarpaints come to an end now?

Hell yeah! Savescum and go for the candy!
- 2 (11.1%)
Let it end now, with NCommander's disastrous turn!
- 6 (33.3%)
Absolutely not! NEVAR GIVE UP, NEVAR SURRENDER!!!
- 9 (50%)
I don't care actually...
- 1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: July 11, 2016, 10:09:03 am

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44

Author Topic: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (v0.23a | FINALE COMING SOOOOOOOOON!)  (Read 115790 times)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
Re: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (A Succession Game... in v0.23a???)
« Reply #510 on: July 17, 2016, 02:04:26 pm »

Woohoo, I'm still alive!

But seriously? No migrants? Did you get goblins all four seasons? I don't even see "No migrants ..." annoucements.

Kol 'NCommander III' Uristlaven is getting lonely :(
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 17, 2016, 02:05:13 pm »

Make the gas also hot enough to set dwarves on fire, otherwise 1 unicorn for 1 migrant is a bad trade for the unicorns.

Although it'd probably results in king burning even sooner this time around.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #512 on: July 17, 2016, 03:06:54 pm »

Make the gas also hot enough to set dwarves on fire, otherwise 1 unicorn for 1 migrant is a bad trade for the unicorns.

Although it'd probably results in king burning even sooner this time around.

It should be noted that due to the economy, 40d dwarfs are likely as flammable as their 23a counterparts.

Toady didn't make them have self-preservation at all until DF2010 as far as I can tell.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #513 on: July 17, 2016, 03:36:49 pm »

i barely got anyhting done with the two dwarves. At least we didn't die of hunger.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #514 on: July 21, 2016, 11:01:16 pm »

I demand updoots
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 22, 2016, 10:55:56 am »

Gwolf, even if you did finish your turn, we need a writeup. I'm sorry, but if you can't give us one, I'll have to skip you. This is your third reminder now.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 10:58:30 am by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 22, 2016, 07:30:52 pm »

My RL is shit, I think I wan't be able to play cause I'm going for a two week vacation. I thought that Gwolfski would be done a bit earlier and I would still be able to play after Imic, but well... :'(
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #517 on: July 23, 2016, 08:22:28 am »

Well, I'll try to write something. please wait.

edit:here goes.

It was a lonely evening, birds nesting in charred trees by a still lukewarm brook. The entrance halls of Boarpaints lay desolate, emitting small streams of smoke. Inside, a charred corpse with a glittering crown lay in a channel, among many others. Inside, two lonely dwarves milled about, trying to survive. The great magma flood that saved them ut them in this desolate, charred state.

Seeing how easily foes could enter the halls, work resumed on an old moat project. However, it was a unfavourable project from the start.

Then, peace was shattered by crude drums. Goblins! Seeing the moat empty, the enemy charged. Temporary doors in the entrance were battered down by a horde of trolls. The dwarves fled betond the river, barricading thetwo bridges. They had a few days' time untill the trolls finished smashingthrough the bedrooms and tombs.

The decision was clear: FUCKUNICORNS had to be used again. The lever was pulled. Magma spewed forth along the main channel, finally melting the glittering crown, sweeping the corpses blazing into the siege. The outside was scorched. However, goblins inside remained untouched. Clearly, there was a problem.

It appeared a fungal growth sprouted in the fertile ash, blocking off a small, but important passage. A miner had to go in and dig around it to save the fortress, but it was highly unsafe. Straws were drawn, and poor NCommander went to do the job. Just before carving out the final wall, he felt a familliar loop. (I messed up so badly with designations I could've broken the fort, so I reversed that final designation. I didn't want boarpaint to die unreclaimable) The wall sifted, and the pickaxe struck. With agility, NCommander leapt aside, and the blood of the mountain incinerated the vile forces of darkness.

After a period of reasonable peace, the moat was finally filled with water. However, when water had to be drained for maintanance, it didn't drain. An improperly mounted floodgate permanently breached the cave river. this had to be remedied. A large, unsafe area was mined out and supported by a rickety pillar, right above the canal. It was nearly ready, when the call of the cave swallow sounded through the fortress. Spring had arrived.

Right. Our only line of defense right now is the broken moat, which we can't drain, so we can't even leave the fortress. A cave-in is being prepared to collapse the channel. Bridges need to be hooked up. The magma machine should incinerate anyone who is not across the cave river. Good luck to the next overseer! We got no migrants. Population:2
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 09:57:59 am by Gwolfski »
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 23, 2016, 11:25:12 am »

I'll take it.

Snow dwarf, I'm guessing that you want to be removed from the turn list, yes?

Sending a PM to Imic.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 23, 2016, 03:52:14 pm »

Im busy for the next twelve days, stick me at the bottom... Again...
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 23, 2016, 03:56:08 pm »

Im busy for the next twelve days, stick me at the bottom... Again...

Mmkay. Sending a PM to Dozebom.

ApatheticExcuse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 23, 2016, 05:04:28 pm »

Is it too late to sign up for this and/or the potential 40d game? I've never done an LP before but the last time I played DF before this week was in 40d and have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing in either version.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 23, 2016, 05:19:12 pm »

have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing in either version.

Then I'm afraid you're just too competent. :P

In all seriousness, there's been a dearth of players lately. You could totally sign up.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

ApatheticExcuse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 23, 2016, 05:27:56 pm »

In all seriousness, there's been a dearth of players lately. You could totally sign up.

I'll prepare carefully by not bothering to read through the majority of this thread and go in blind. Should make up for my refusal to get with the times and upgrade to DF2010 (or 2014 or whatever we're on now).

Please put me down for a turn!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 23, 2016, 07:03:51 pm »

I'll prepare carefully by not bothering to read through the majority of this thread and go in blind. Should make up for my refusal to get with the times and upgrade to DF2010 (or 2014 or whatever we're on now).

Please put me down for a turn!

Got it. To be honest, competent players are actually what this fortress needs. This is, assuming that Boarpaints survives another NCommander turn.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44