Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The save file gets corrupted by reclaims. Should the saga of Boarpaints come to an end now?

Hell yeah! Savescum and go for the candy!
- 2 (11.1%)
Let it end now, with NCommander's disastrous turn!
- 6 (33.3%)
Absolutely not! NEVAR GIVE UP, NEVAR SURRENDER!!!
- 9 (50%)
I don't care actually...
- 1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: July 11, 2016, 10:09:03 am

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44

Author Topic: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (v0.23a | FINALE COMING SOOOOOOOOON!)  (Read 115572 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (v0.23a | THE END OF BOARPAINTS)
« Reply #630 on: December 26, 2016, 02:53:03 am »

Oh my.

Oh damn.

Was breeding the fort back up ever a possibility?

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #631 on: December 26, 2016, 03:32:16 am »

The world still gets migrants, I actually got a batch not long after this update, but right now I'm *trying* to too deep the fortress and failing. I think the binary I have is patched to disable the too deep check. I'm reverting to a stock binary in an attempt to end throwback fortress and starting the 40d one.

EDIT: SUCCESS, I too deeped it. Final update coming
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 04:01:24 am by NCommander »
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #632 on: December 26, 2016, 04:29:24 am »

Final Update

This is a scorched masterwork journal owned by Kol 'NCommander III' Uristlaven. It contains the final records of Boarpaints. It menaces with spikes of raw adamantine.

---

Tick, tock, tick, tock. I can hear the clock. Tick, tock, tick, tock.

As I walk these halls, I can smell the fumes of industry although I can hear the demons below.

I don't know how much time has passed, I don't know why I wander these halls in silence.

I don't know why I expose the vein I went so far to protect.

---

Tick tick tick goes the pick.

Tock tock tock goes the clock.

---

I can hear the whispers, of the witch, I can smell the smell of rot. Tick tick tick goes the clock, tick tick tick goes the pick.

---

I know that time is but an illusion. We all exist in moments that are forever changing, mutating, and growing. In one world I died, in another I burned, and now? Now I seek it all. To know the truth.

Tick tick tick

---

The clock strikes 12, the world still stands, more of the strains must go ...

Tick, tick, tick

---

Tick, tick, tick

I wonder why those below do not join me in the world above. Perhaps they need an invitation to join thus on the surface above. Cobble, cobble, cobble, goes the bridgemaker.

Tick, tick, tick goes the clock.

---

The clock strikes 3.

Tick

Tick

Tick

---

Tock, tock, tock, go my thoughts.

Adamantine is all that I see.

---

Tick, tick, tick, the truth is here.

Tock, tock, tock, goes the clock at 3.

---
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #633 on: December 26, 2016, 07:37:13 am »

*aplause*

Well done.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 26, 2016, 11:15:26 am »

A fitting ending really. Nice job!

Chapter 2 of Throwback Fortress: Dwarves Fucking Around in Time arrives in theatres this January/Febuary people! Mods include dwarfite, !!special unicorns!!, and special races! Pre-order your tickets now!
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 26, 2016, 12:36:15 pm »

Chapter 2 of Throwback Fortress: Dwarves Fucking Around in Time arrives in theatres this January/Febuary people! Mods include dwarfite, !!special unicorns!!, and special races! Pre-order your tickets now!

I'll take a turn.  Maybe I can do more than only a couple of days this time.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #636 on: December 26, 2016, 01:14:07 pm »

I'll take a turn.  Maybe I can do more than only a couple of days this time.

I'll be in for the 40d version. Wouldn't mind an ice biome though we should make sure we have the HFS for hiliary sake. Maybe help write some lore.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 26, 2016, 02:47:17 pm »

Well, that felt like gravity.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #638 on: December 26, 2016, 03:33:46 pm »

Tick Tick Tick Go The Souls Of Bay12.
Tock Tock Tock Comes the Squeal.
Cobble Cobble Cobble comes the mods of 40d.
Tick Tick Tick.

A soul is now mine

Tock, Tock, Tock, The Clock Strikes 3.

---
Glad I did justice to this fort

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #639 on: December 26, 2016, 03:54:23 pm »

Nice to see you embracing insanity. Keep at it! ;D
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #640 on: December 26, 2016, 04:23:24 pm »

Incidentally, here's the final save of the fort: http://dffd.bay12games.com/submit.php?action=message&fid=12626

If someone wants to go roll up an adventurer and try to slay the demon, it might be a suitable epilogue.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 26, 2016, 04:58:48 pm »

You know, I think imma take this save and kill the demon. I'm gonna see if I can come up with some lore for the next fort better than "lol space-time portal to the past".
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 26, 2016, 05:41:10 pm »

You know, I think imma take this save and kill the demon. I'm gonna see if I can come up with some lore for the next fort better than "lol space-time portal to the past".

Keep the portal, but imply something was behind it.  Could use dialogue with the demon as one method of bringing it across.  And you could have the adventurer come across post-overseership journals of some of the dwarves.  I recall my dwarf was from the 2d world and was planning on investigating into why there were dwarves who thought in terms of z-levels, so his journal might be useful..
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #643 on: December 26, 2016, 10:42:23 pm »

Keep the portal, but imply something was behind it.  Could use dialogue with the demon as one method of bringing it across.  And you could have the adventurer come across post-overseership journals of some of the dwarves.  I recall my dwarf was from the 2d world and was planning on investigating into why there were dwarves who thought in terms of z-levels, so his journal might be useful..

I sort of like the idea that the demon I released into the world is pulling the strings across time and space. Essentially, events we do in the future lead to Boarpaints burning and insanity, while events in the past turn things forward. Though if you actually manage to slay the demon (which is hard; might want to build a fort to churn out candy equipment), then we can get into a Final Fantasy-like Time Loop.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (v0.23a | FINALE COMING SOOOOOOOOON!)
« Reply #644 on: December 27, 2016, 02:54:13 pm »

...as it turns out, not only is killing the demon absurdly difficult, but so is getting to him in the first place. Damn spirits of fire keep eating my adventurers.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44