Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now then. It seems that my co-mod's vanished from the forums. Options?

Just run the game without a co-mod. You can handle it, yeh? Pros: !!insanity, fun!!, Cons: Game might not go so well, roles might be unbalanced.
- 8 (53.3%)
Seek out a new co-mod. You might need it. Pros: sanity, good design, general boost, Cons: less !!insanity!!.
- 3 (20%)
I have no opinion on the matter.
- 4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR(5/9): GAME OVER.  (Read 56307 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Fallacy's BYOR(5/9): GAME OVER.
« on: March 11, 2016, 07:47:13 pm »

((Optional flavor follows))
Null Nevermore, collector of gods, master of multi-universal death games, incredibly dangerous and powerful demigod, was bored.
Very bored.
His latest attempt at getting a bunch of people to massacre each other... was undergoing a time flux. The end result: the deathmatch game was proceeding at an extremely slow rate.

"Null."

Null turned his comfy office throne around to face his loyal second in command, Nowhere Nevermore. "What is it, Nowhere?"

Nowhere smiled. "Have you ever heard the concept of a "mafia" game?"

"No... I have not."

Nowhere took this as a request to continue. "I know how much you like your deathmatches, but there are other options for entertainment. A mafia game is a game of intellect, a game of the mind, a game of-"

"With deadly powers?"

Nowhere sighed slightly. "Yes, there can be deadly powers."

"Very well. I'll try it."
~~~
A few hours later, 9 Manifestations were drawn from the multiverse...
~~~
The rules:

Basic mafia rules are in effect. Also a few reminders:
No sending PMs to other players(unless you're a mafia player, in which case you can send PMs to your scum buddy).
Don't directly quote your role PM(you may paraphrase it, and you are allowed to directly quote things I've said in thread).
If you're dead, you get one bah post(no game-relevant content). After that, no more posting. Unless you come back to life(role powers, eh?).

A special hammer system is in effect:
The game will consist of 72 hour days and 48 hour nights(the time will pass at half time during weekends(during a weekend, the deadline will approach half as quickly)). During the day, the day may end because of a hammer(getting the majority of the game's available votes on a player will lynch that player, ending the day), or because of the deadline. What makes this system different is that at LYLO or MYLO, the hammer system will not be active, and the only way to end the day will be via reaching the deadline. To prevent mod confirmation of the fact that it's MYLO or LYLO, the fact that the hammer system is not or is being used will not be announced.

To ease my newbie GM mind's transition into GMing mafia games(read this, it's important): I'm keeping the roles somewhat simple, and there will be no third parties. There will be 7 town players and 2 mafia players.

Any and all of the normal rules and whatnot may be subverted/modified by role powers.

This is a BYOR, meaning when you go in, you must also PM me something for me and Residays to build your role out of. What are you allowed to submit? Almost everything.
Don't submit anything that would violate the forum rules and guidelines, or anything that would violate the Nevermore canon(I'm serious, thank you).

The theme this round is: Basic.
~~~
I'm going to(hypothetically) be co-modding this with Residays to help ease my brain.
NOT. Residays vanished.
~~~
So... I'm taking 9 players. The game will start after FHPBYOR2 is finished.

~~~
Seeing as it's my first time modding a mafia game, please inform me(via PM if you like) if you notice any mistakes I may have made(in the OP, in actions... vote counts... basically everything).
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 01:50:25 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(0/9): In sign ups!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 07:55:24 pm »

In
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(1/9): In sign ups!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 08:30:47 pm »

In, sending role shortly.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(2/9): In sign ups!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 11:49:49 am »

In!

Role will be sent shortly.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(3/9): In sign ups!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 05:19:43 pm »

Role sent.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(4/9): In sign ups! ... We've got 5 slots open!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 10:30:09 am »

Shameless bump to help get people's attention.
I don't think I can run a BYOR with only four players...
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(4/9): In sign ups! ... I think I need more players.
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 07:21:22 pm »

In if this is still to be run.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(5/9): In sign ups! ... COME, COME AND PLAY
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 08:10:56 pm »

I'm definitely still going to run this.
Even though it's taking a rather long time to get players...
even though my (potential)co-mod is still an escaped lunatic and her last post was on march the first...
even though this is going to be my first mafia game...

FallacyofUrist is filled with DETERMINATION by thinking of the awesomeness that is to come.

I'm definitely still going to run this.
Generic Arms Race.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Oh good grief.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(5/9): In sign ups! ... COME, COME AND PLAY
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2016, 08:21:41 pm »

<snip>
Someone needs to submit this post as their role.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile

In, because Local Emergency should be done by the time this ends. If not, I can juggle. I don't know a lot about your setting, is there some post I can read? I'll send my role in now and change it if it violates the setting.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh.
I suppose, in all my time of GMing and whatnot, I've never made a definitive explanation of the Nevermore setting.
I'll do so now.
~~~
There was once a man named Null. He was an incredibly powerful mage with a sword that nullified every magic it touched except its own. Then he made a stupid mistake against a mage named Thrakor, causing him to trip on his feet... end result: he accidentally impaled himself with his own sword.
((I based the previous paragraph on the bay 12 forum game Perplexicon(the first one, by piecewise). Everything henceforth is my own invention.))

Null happened to have children, who were understandably angry about his death. Thrakor, after some time, eventually had a family of his own.
Fast forward a long, long time...
There are now two multiverse spanning families/magical mafia clans known as the Nevermores and the Forevermores, the Nevermores descended from Null, the Forevermores descended from Thrakor. The Nevermores are lead by the latest Null Nevermore, a madman with a penchant for deathmatch game shows and a collector of gods. The Forevermores are lead by the latest Thrakor, also known as Thrakor Prime, seeing as all Forevermores have taken the first name Thrakor.
The feud between the families isn't over yet.
~~~
That's the basic idea.
Generic Arms Race.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Surely there are three more people wanting a BYOR somewhere.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Surely there are three more people wanting a BYOR somewhere.
Flabort's HPBYOR2 just ended... so did Vengeful 11... and Local Emergency Mafia too...
the players are there, they're just not paying attention.

I'll edit the title again.
Generic Arms Race.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(6/9): In sign ups! FallacyofUrist needs players badly...
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2016, 12:21:36 am »

Don't submit anything that would violate the forum rules and guidelines, or anything that would violate the Nevermore canon(I'm serious, thank you).
I'd be potentially willing to bet it's this part.  I, for one, have no idea what the fuck Nevermore is. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33