Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now then. It seems that my co-mod's vanished from the forums. Options?

Just run the game without a co-mod. You can handle it, yeh? Pros: !!insanity, fun!!, Cons: Game might not go so well, roles might be unbalanced.
- 8 (53.3%)
Seek out a new co-mod. You might need it. Pros: sanity, good design, general boost, Cons: less !!insanity!!.
- 3 (20%)
I have no opinion on the matter.
- 4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR(5/9): GAME OVER.  (Read 56308 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(9/9): Day 1. Is this some sort of game show?
« Reply #105 on: June 01, 2016, 07:06:34 pm »

Sorry for the delay, people. Working late this week, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post for this day at least.

BHK, do you want NQT specifically to make some kind of claim or do you think it'd be a good idea for everyone to claim today?

Jack, did you change the title on reply 71 yourself?

TBF, why did you only decide it was suspicious that me and NQT hadn't posted yet when it was pointed out by someone else? And why do a (presumably) pressure vote on one of us only to immediately vote for someone else?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 01, 2016, 07:12:30 pm »

@Deus:Because I wasn't actively lurkertracking at the time.  (and then I didn't see that TDS had posted when I did go looking.)

Because I thought you and NQT had enough pressure from Wozzy, whereas he had missed TDS.  Or so I thought.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 01, 2016, 07:35:40 pm »

BHK, do you want NQT specifically to make some kind of claim or do you think it'd be a good idea for everyone to claim today?
I believe that it's only fair that NQT give me his reasons for not claiming if he wants my reasons for claiming.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2016, 10:39:39 am »

BHK
If RNG decides not to play nicely with me, you have this early claim so in case my actions don't turn out well, I have actual justification from the first day.
If the RNG doesn't work out, is this going to end badly for town?

NQT - What's your rationale for not claiming?
Telling scum my role would help them more than it would help town right now.

4mask
Again?  How is it that you always seem to end up with an ability like that?
Is this the sort of thing you think Tiruin would be likely to fakeclaim?

Tiruin, please ask Jack a question.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2016, 10:42:03 am »

4mask
Again?  How is it that you always seem to end up with an ability like that?
Is this the sort of thing you think Tiruin would be likely to fakeclaim?
Not particularly, I just remember what happened the last time she has an ability that messed with day length and she kept the day going like three extra RL days.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 02, 2016, 01:29:00 pm »

The lurking is getting ridiculous.

Vote: Extension

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2016, 02:18:58 pm »

Eh, why not.  Extend
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2016, 02:39:56 pm »

Extend. I need a chance to read over the day so far and respond.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2016, 05:19:45 pm »

Extend.

BHK: When you asked NQT for his reasons for not claiming, did you expect a general strategic answer (like the one you got), one more specifically tied to his perceptions of his role, or something else?

Jack, did you change the title on reply 71 yourself?
Deus: No.  I quoted a post by that title.

Tiruin, please ask Jack a question.
NQT: Why her and why me?  I have a feeling I know why, but I want to confirm.

Yes, I use rhetorical exaggeration for argument, so... What?
Like, seriously, what exactly is wrong with that?
TheBiggerFish: It's not that rhetorical exaggeration is bad.  It's that in this case, your over-the-top rhetoric helped show how nervous that FoS made you.  It is part of a collection of evidence indicating you were quite perturbed by an error-based early D1 FoS.  That you could even speak of rolling over and dying in the face of that, even with your predilection towards overstatement, says something.
Right now, I'm trying to figure out whether this is the nervousness of scum worried about being caught/unnerved by someone seeming slightly on to them, or the nervousness of somewhat inexperienced town under suspicion.
I did not think he had realized that I was answering Wozzy.  That's why I asked it.
...I'll ask again, because you didn't answer: why did you take the "jumping on me for answering someone's question" tack?
In general:Yes, I may be overreacting to FoSs, probably because I really haven't had that much chance to calibrate just how suspicious the people in this game are when they use it.  It could mean, y'know, 'I'm going to vote you if you say anything wrong' or 'That's interesting in a bad way' and I don't know which.
Like all things in mafia, it's contextual and varied.  FoSes are almost always below votes in suspicion level, though.  In the start of D1, that's an incredibly low bar.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2016, 05:34:13 pm »

Well obviously I'm going to tell you it's the latter, but I don't expect you to take my word for it.

More incoming.
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2016, 05:47:52 pm »

TBF, if Wozzy just pointing out less active people was enough pressure on them, why did you need to transfer your vote to TDS to pressure him rather than just pointing it out? Considering how rapidly you changed vote previously, how pressured did you think TDS would feel from the new vote?

Wozzy, what's your definition of lurking?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2016, 06:16:40 pm »

@Deus - I use "lurking" as an umbrella term, because I realize that saying "People are lurking" makes the thread jump with activity, as opposed to saying "The thread is pretty quite."

Being called a lurker is a good way of getting people to talk, especially the ones who are actually lurking, instead of being legit busy. My favorite are the players who were obviously watching the thread chime in a couple minutes after being called out to say they are busy.

As for what I actually define lurking? It's when a player is reading the thread, but not participating. If I was to really find lurkers, it would have to be through stalkerish tactics.

I don't think lurking is directly correlated to being scum, but it does have some correlation with trying to lay low.

What is your definition of lurking?

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2016, 06:19:30 pm »

To expand on that: I would actually not call people out for lurking if this was a game with a couple power roles, as they might actually be cops or doctors trying to hide from scum. In a game where everyone has a power role, I'm gonna use that word freely.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2016, 06:20:57 pm »

Yes, I use rhetorical exaggeration for argument, so... What?
Like, seriously, what exactly is wrong with that?
TheBiggerFish: It's not that rhetorical exaggeration is bad.  It's that in this case, your over-the-top rhetoric helped show how nervous that FoS made you.  It is part of a collection of evidence indicating you were quite perturbed by an error-based early D1 FoS.  That you could even speak of rolling over and dying in the face of that, even with your predilection towards overstatement, says something.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out whether this is the nervousness of scum worried about being caught/unnerved by someone seeming slightly on to them, or the nervousness of somewhat inexperienced town under suspicion.
I did not think he had realized that I was answering Wozzy.  That's why I asked it.
...I'll ask again, because you didn't answer: why did you take the "jumping on me for answering someone's question" tack?
In general:Yes, I may be overreacting to FoSs, probably because I really haven't had that much chance to calibrate just how suspicious the people in this game are when they use it.  It could mean, y'know, 'I'm going to vote you if you say anything wrong' or 'That's interesting in a bad way' and I don't know which.
Like all things in mafia, it's contextual and varied.  FoSes are almost always below votes in suspicion level, though.  In the start of D1, that's an incredibly low bar.
Yes, I was quite perturbed, the guy was arguing from false pretenses.

-a further response to your reaction to my reaction to BHK's FoS will come as soon as I refamiliarize myself with what he said-

Because I was already on that tack with my first post and it felt like a reasonable argument to make.

You have a point there.

@Deus Asmoth:It's not necessarily that Wozzy pointing out inactive people was enough pressure, per se, it's that it looked like Wozzy had missed TDS entirely and I wanted to rectify that, and NQT and you had been prodded in some form already.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2016, 06:30:02 pm »

And when I realize that BHK never actually FoS'd me.  Wow.  I'm losing my touch.

But given that, it's pretty clear that you're making an argument from false pretenses, Jack.  My statement wasn't in response to the FoS, it was in response to BHK saying that Town self-preservation was bad.  Especially considering we're all powered roles, losing really useful abilities is a bad thing.

Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33