Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now then. It seems that my co-mod's vanished from the forums. Options?

Just run the game without a co-mod. You can handle it, yeh? Pros: !!insanity, fun!!, Cons: Game might not go so well, roles might be unbalanced.
- 8 (53.3%)
Seek out a new co-mod. You might need it. Pros: sanity, good design, general boost, Cons: less !!insanity!!.
- 3 (20%)
I have no opinion on the matter.
- 4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR(5/9): GAME OVER.  (Read 56305 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(9/9): Day 1. Is this some sort of game show?
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2016, 06:42:38 pm »

BHK
If RNG decides not to play nicely with me, you have this early claim so in case my actions don't turn out well, I have actual justification from the first day.
If the RNG doesn't work out, is this going to end badly for town?

NQT - What's your rationale for not claiming?
Telling scum my role would help them more than it would help town right now.
1 - Extremely. My own judgement also plays a major role, but RNG still has a paramount presence in what I do.

2 - And painting a target on your back with that statement isn't the same as an outright claim? I don't see why you would put it in such an obvious way.

Extend.

BHK: When you asked NQT for his reasons for not claiming, did you expect a general strategic answer (like the one you got), one more specifically tied to his perceptions of his role, or something else?

NQT is NQT. Naturally, I expected the former (A general strategic answer), but I was looking forward to an answer tied to his role's perceptions.

My statement wasn't in response to the FoS, it was in response to BHK saying that Town self-preservation was bad.  Especially considering we're all powered roles, losing really useful abilities is a bad thing.

I should have elaborated. You should be placing victory above survival as town, but self preservation in good context is fine. I'll question the cop who lets himself and the identities of the entire mafia team die just as quickly as I will the townie who fakes a cop report on the second choice for today's lynching trying to save himself one useless day. Just be willing to die to let someone we need alive stay alive.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 03:46:36 pm by BlackHeartKabal »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2016, 07:14:17 pm »

@BHK: Ah, that makes sense.  UnFoS.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2016, 07:36:10 pm »

But given that, it's pretty clear that you're making an argument from false pretenses, Jack.  My statement wasn't in response to the FoS, it was in response to BHK saying that Town self-preservation was bad.
TheBiggerFish: True, it was not a direct response to the FoS.  I never represented it as such.  It was a statement in response to a question about your response to the FoS, and was part of a justification of your response to the FoS, being used as a ridiculous alternative to your actual approach.  Why exactly should I not read that statement in that context as counterposed to your response to the FoS?

Because I was already on that tack with my first post and it felt like a reasonable argument to make.
Just to be clear, correcting his belief that you had just been confirming how to vote for no good reason put you on tack to jab at 4mask for "jumping on [you] for answering someone's question"?  And you believed that he was just making a mistake and not, in fact, challenging your decision to answer a question?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 02, 2016, 08:07:46 pm »

One more Extend vote to Extend the day. As it is, it will end 8:45 A.M. Central/Forum time tomorrow.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 02, 2016, 08:10:17 pm »

BHK
And when I realize that BHK never actually FoS'd me.  Wow.  I'm losing my touch.

But given that, it's pretty clear that you're making an argument from false pretenses, Jack.  My statement wasn't in response to the FoS, it was in response to BHK saying that Town self-preservation was bad.  Especially considering we're all powered roles, losing really useful abilities is a bad thing.
Are we to infer that your role is really useful, then?

BHK, does it really draw attention to NQT to say that giving scum prior knowledge of what his role might do would be more helpful to the scum than the town? That seems true of 90% of roles I've seen.

Wozzy, I generally look more for people that are posting but not contributing rather than outright lurking. From what I've seen here most people that aren't posting are (not) doing so because of life or the game state rather than intentional lurking. My definition would be similar to your own for actual lurking, I'd just leave it longer to decide that was what they were doing.

Extend
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 02, 2016, 08:12:59 pm »

Day Extended, then.

"Wonderful! More time to talk!"

24 hours added, then stretched because weekend: Day 1 will now end 5:30 P.M. June 4th. Central/Forum time.

((Edit: But wait... deadlines approach at half time during weekends. So 8 hours 45 min times two...))
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 08:34:58 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 02, 2016, 08:16:19 pm »

EBWOP: First thing should be to TBF
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 02, 2016, 08:46:48 pm »

But given that, it's pretty clear that you're making an argument from false pretenses, Jack.  My statement wasn't in response to the FoS, it was in response to BHK saying that Town self-preservation was bad.
TheBiggerFish: True, it was not a direct response to the FoS.  I never represented it as such.  It was a statement in response to a question about your response to the FoS, and was part of a justification of your response to the FoS, being used as a ridiculous alternative to your actual approach.  Why exactly should I not read that statement in that context as counterposed to your response to the FoS?

Because I was already on that tack with my first post and it felt like a reasonable argument to make.
Just to be clear, correcting his belief that you had just been confirming how to vote for no good reason put you on tack to jab at 4mask for "jumping on [you] for answering someone's question"?  And you believed that he was just making a mistake and not, in fact, challenging your decision to answer a question?
...Okay, look.  I can't keep track of what you're saying it's got so many layers to it, so I definitely can't answer it.  Can you rephrase it with about five less subjects?

Yes, it did.

BHK
And when I realize that BHK never actually FoS'd me.  Wow.  I'm losing my touch.

But given that, it's pretty clear that you're making an argument from false pretenses, Jack.  My statement wasn't in response to the FoS, it was in response to BHK saying that Town self-preservation was bad.  Especially considering we're all powered roles, losing really useful abilities is a bad thing.
I'm going to go with 'maybe'.  In the right circumstances, it can be amazingly useful.  There aren't any of those yet.  And I doubt there will be.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 02, 2016, 09:47:22 pm »

...Okay, look.  I can't keep track of what you're saying it's got so many layers to it, so I definitely can't answer it.  Can you rephrase it with about five less subjects?
TBF: Apologies.  Let's try this again.
*BHK's question makes sense only if it's about your response to the FoS, yes?
*In answering it, you were justifying your defensive response to the FoS, yes?
*You portrayed rolling over and dying as a ridiculous alternative approach, yes?
With that in mind, where are the false pretenses?  Why should I read your statement as if it's not about the FoS and your response?

Yes, it did.
Alright.  One more question: seeing that you believed 4mask was completely unaware of the question, did you believe that he was "jumping on [you] for answering someone's question"?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 02, 2016, 10:34:44 pm »

False, it was a general statement about self-preservation.  Certainly, evoked by my response to the FoS, but no.

I suppose.

Correct.

That first one.
Because it's not.

Yes, he was.  If unaware of it.
Sigtext

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 02, 2016, 10:52:59 pm »

False, it was a general statement about self-preservation.  Certainly, evoked by my response to the FoS, but no.
TheBiggerFish: Wow.  Let's look back at BHK's very-much-a-question again, as you said you did:
TBF - Why such a strong sense of self preservation?
You would agree that this is a question, yes?  And that there's no actions BHK could have been asking about other than your response to the FoS, yes?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2016, 11:05:33 pm »

Like I said.  Apparently I'm really terrible at remembering things today.  Or it could be that I'm playing Mafia at 12:04 AM.

I'll come back to this once I've slept.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 03, 2016, 06:45:37 am »

Woo. Back.
* Tiruin kicks the hammer away for a day.
(No that's not a vote but it is in red text for some reason when I do a /me thing)

Reading up--I was going to avoid even mentioning Jack's post because I had a feeling it was attached to some ability or whatever, but I'm just now going woah o_o

I used one of my abilities that adds 24 hours to the day, by the way, so it ends on June 4.
Day 1 will end in 72 hours. That is, at 8:45 on June 3. Forum time.
...That time.

Apologies, it's me dealing with my anxiety ._.

Also NQT because post coming up.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 03, 2016, 07:22:21 am »

Day Extended, then.

"Wonderful! More time to talk!"

24 hours added, then stretched because weekend: Day 1 will now end 5:30 P.M. June 4th. Central/Forum time.

((Edit: But wait... deadlines approach at half time during weekends. So 8 hours 45 min times two...))
...Aw fish. I should've read earlier but now I sent the PM :I
Eh. I'm da Kween. :v

Tiruin, please ask Jack a question.
YOU WANT ME TO ASK HIM A QUESTION DON'T YOU?! :I
So I shall. But not of this prompting. I:

Ok, summary: Read up till here. Hiya 4mask, nice to see you active again! (Wondering why you disappeared for brief spurts?). Offline, I was wondering why Jack's first message included that thingy there. Now logged in...I see that he had an ability that--as far as I believe, affects me. And makes me something that I have no idea about [Hooray historical knowledge, you're only on Europe :I].

So...Jack did stuff to me. I now have an Auto. That I'm DA KWEEN of CANADIA.
So thusmuch I'm in the belief that I have something that certain abilities can now affect. :v

Jack
...In lieu of me not suspecting much at all from that other than: Jack, why make me a monarchic subject and why is that your first post, and why me, and woah did you have to announce it in public--please state if it is a public thing. I'm also going to assume that it's a connective-role-ability, meaning that it is connected to certain powers that only activate under certain conditions.
...Also that I believe I'm the only female player here but that's my mind wandering into silliness (apologies if there're others)

Also expect more silliness if I can--my silliness is how I deal with stress T_T

Why I don't expect anything malicious is because I don't see it to be useful other than the simple building block of 'Hello Auto action'.

Inasmuch as that is concerned--I find it peculiarly interesting that nobody actually made mention of that linkie of 'Happy Birthday', other than perhaps NQT by passive subtle association.

NQT: Hai! I notice you're pretty astute this game.
Why is your mention of me--inclusive with a vote, for some reason--only asking me to talk to Jack? I understand it's a precise way to get to know my reaction, but how does that help you?
Why only mention Jack?

Also
BHK
If RNG decides not to play nicely with me, you have this early claim so in case my actions don't turn out well, I have actual justification from the first day.
If the RNG doesn't work out, is this going to end badly for town?
The wording has some sort of...peculiarity with me. Peculiar in a way that says "He could've ended it at 'end badly' but now there's an intensifier of some sort that says 'for town'. What's the purpose of asking those two words?

BHK: Heya! :3
Question!
How do you find other people if they begin analytically picking through your posts; how do you see these certain personality characteristics, and how do you generally gauge someone scummy?

Wozzy:
@BlackHeartKabal- as the player who introduced me to this forum (I've never even played DF, so I wouldn't have found it otherwise), you have the unfortunate role of being the only player I actually do know the playstyle of. On a scale of 1 to Deathnote book, how out of this world is your role?
Welcome to the forums! :3
Personally, I'm not too good at the Day 1 "grilling" part. I prefer having references to voting patterns and claims, and trying to activly piece together who-done-what during the night phases. Not having a N0 means I can't do much D1.
N0 is usually uncommon here in that it needs an announcement since the common always starts at D1. The rest mentioned here are pretty normal for many mafia games--so query to you!
How do you see a cop claim, as compared to any other claim? Is there any sort of bias or credence towards it compared to others?
How do you generally find scum?

DA (Hi Deus Asmoth!)
BHK

Why are you asking this?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2016, 08:36:43 am »

Day Extended.

"Wait, what?"

Day 1 will now end... 8:45 A.M. June 6th(Monday), central/forum time.

"Um... what?"

How mysterious.

((I'm not sure of my math. If any of you would like to check it, go ahead-just remember that the deadline approaches at half speed during weekends.))

Also...

"Also? What do you mean-"

Votecount initiating.

Votecount:
Deus Asmoth(0): []
TheDarkStar(1): [TheBiggerFish]
TheBiggerFish(1): [Jack A T]
notquitethere(1): [Tiruin]
Jack A T(0): []
BlackHeartKabal(0): []
Wozzy(0): []
4maskwolf(0): []
Tiruin(1): [notquitethere]
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33