Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now then. It seems that my co-mod's vanished from the forums. Options?

Just run the game without a co-mod. You can handle it, yeh? Pros: !!insanity, fun!!, Cons: Game might not go so well, roles might be unbalanced.
- 8 (53.3%)
Seek out a new co-mod. You might need it. Pros: sanity, good design, general boost, Cons: less !!insanity!!.
- 3 (20%)
I have no opinion on the matter.
- 4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR(5/9): GAME OVER.  (Read 55799 times)

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(9/9): Day 1. Is this some sort of game show?
« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2016, 09:28:10 am »

@Tiruin- I view cop claims with a bunch of scrutiny. It all depends on the context of them revealing themselves, and who/what they claim to have investigated. I'm usually more suspicious of a cop claim then a doctor claim.

I change my method of scum hunting based on the game. If I'm a cop, I'm more interested in clearing town members, narrowing scum down to a few people. If it's a small game, I'll run scenarios based on what players claim they did at night to see who is lying. I don't know how I'm going to run this game though, so I'll just sit back and fill in my notes just to keep track of these claimed abilities, until I see something suspicious.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2016, 04:56:42 pm »

Tiruin: Congratulations!  Due to an obscure clause in the Succession to the Throne Act, 2013, you are now the Queen of Canada!  Not the Queen of the United Kingdom, a totally separate title that used to be held by the same person as the title of Queen of Canada.  Just the Queen of Canada.  It was clearly in the interests of the public and the state of Canada for your coronation to be properly announced to the world.  You're a head of state (small image link) now.

As the Queen, you have numerous incredible powers that, unfortunately, are heavily restricted by the Constitution Acts of Canada and the various unwritten constitutional conventions.  You have the power to appoint a Governor General to represent you federally and a set of Lieutenant Governors to represent you provincially.  They'll do almost all of your work for you.  You also have the incredible reserve powers of the crown, to be used only in great crisis!  Dismiss the Prime MinisterRefuse royal assent to bills from the legislatures!  Refuse to dissolve Parliament!

You even have an extra birthday, separate from your personal birthday!

Please enjoy your new constitutional monarchy!
I'm also going to assume that it's a connective-role-ability, meaning that it is connected to certain powers that only activate under certain conditions.
Maybe.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2016, 05:44:57 pm »

4mask
Not particularly, I just remember what happened the last time she has an ability that messed with day length and she kept the day going like three extra RL days.
She asked for that role last time (it was a BYOR). It's interesting that she'd ask for the same thing again.

Jack
NQT: Why her and why me?  I have a feeling I know why, but I want to confirm.
Tiruin had yet to address anyone specific and I thought it'd be a royal idea for her to talk to you.

Seriously though, does your royal decree come with some associated mechanics you'd like to explain?

BHK
1 - Extremely. My own judgement also plays a major role, but RNG still has a paramount presence in what I do.
In that case, I hope that if you're telling the truth about this that you'll exercise restraint and cool-headed judgement. But it does look like you could be setting up a fakeclaim for a randomised kill power for when someone catches you killing town.

2 - And painting a target on your back with that statement isn't the same as an outright claim? I don't see why you would put it in such an obvious way.
Now let's imagine I did paint a target on my back as town. I'm sure we can all think of good town reasons for doing that. But what would the town reasons be for pointing out to everyone that I'm painting a target on my back?

Tiruin
NQT: Hai! I notice you're pretty astute this game.
Why is your mention of me--inclusive with a vote, for some reason--only asking me to talk to Jack? I understand it's a precise way to get to know my reaction, but how does that help you?
You'd yet to speak to anyone specific. I was curious what you'd say to anyone. Jack was just one jewel of many on the crown, as it were.

Are you satisfied with Jack's response?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2016, 05:56:37 pm »

Seriously though, does your royal decree come with some associated mechanics you'd like to explain?
NQT: No, though it does come with some associated mechanics that I would not like to explain.
Also, Tiruin's the one who makes royal decrees.  I just handle the law.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 03, 2016, 05:57:01 pm »

BHK: Heya! :3
Question!
How do you find other people if they begin analytically picking through your posts; how do you see these certain personality characteristics, and how do you generally gauge someone scummy?
If someone does that, then it's clear they suspect me, but I can generally (this is a key word) gauge the competence and amount of knowledge they have about me through the content of their nitpicking.
BHK
1 - Extremely. My own judgement also plays a major role, but RNG still has a paramount presence in what I do.
In that case, I hope that if you're telling the truth about this that you'll exercise restraint and cool-headed judgement. But it does look like you could be setting up a fakeclaim for a randomised kill power for when someone catches you killing town.

2 - And painting a target on your back with that statement isn't the same as an outright claim? I don't see why you would put it in such an obvious way.
Now let's imagine I did paint a target on my back as town. I'm sure we can all think of good town reasons for doing that. But what would the town reasons be for pointing out to everyone that I'm painting a target on my back?
1 - In hindsight, it absolutely does, doesn't it?

2 - You had better have great ability to gauge the importance of your role, because it looks like you're preparing to carry the town a bit, and want to attract the attention of protective roles. You might also be asking me to point out that mafia wouldn't put a target on their backs, but that gets into WIFOM territory.

Continuing after two, if you're planning to start leading the town's efforts, how are we aware that you're town? Why would we be inclined to trust you?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 03, 2016, 05:58:21 pm »

*looks at the Queen of Canada business*

Okay then.  What even...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2016, 07:34:53 pm »

*looks at the Queen of Canada business*

Okay then.  What even...
I...don't know if it has any implications at all, however I'm choosing to believe in the simple ideas right now--non-malicious act. Because this game has no third-parties and stuff (and that that tiny picture of me and Canada with a flag made my day even if I just woke up and have only the time to write this down), I...quite like Jack's representation there.

What do you think of it, TBF?

Tiruin
NQT: Hai! I notice you're pretty astute this game.
Why is your mention of me--inclusive with a vote, for some reason--only asking me to talk to Jack? I understand it's a precise way to get to know my reaction, but how does that help you?
You'd yet to speak to anyone specific. I was curious what you'd say to anyone. Jack was just one jewel of many on the crown, as it were.

Are you satisfied with Jack's response?
Yeah, I do. :P Because before that, I did have a post saying I'm away but also will post later. I'm curious why you mentioned Jack, of all people though--maybe it's his mention of me earlier, but I'd like to know why you're mentioning him outright...as well as in a way that speaks of several terms related to monarchy, to speak.

And...maybe. Time shall tell about my...Queenly satisfactions. *ahem* Jack has performed in a way that I, along with the PM I received, can make a very specific note about him.
Why are you interested in my satisfaction?
Do you consider my satisfaction anything worthwhile in your goals?

NQT: No, though it does come with some associated mechanics that I would not like to explain.
Cue several mandates created by your ability, in your connection to this creation of attributed monarchy.

I believe your ability, given you chose Random.org, is gender neutral in its idea. Am I correct?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2016, 07:48:11 pm »

(and that that tiny picture of me and Canada with a flag made my day even if I just woke up and have only the time to write this down)
Tiruin: Not quite you and Canada with a flag.  You as the literal head of the state with a flag.
Always glad to help.
I believe your ability, given you chose Random.org, is gender neutral in its idea. Am I correct?
The title, no matter who I handed it to, would have been Queen of Canada.  It could have been given to a man, though.
And...maybe. Time shall tell about my...Queenly satisfactions. *ahem* Jack has performed in a way that I, along with the PM I received, can make a very specific note about him.
And what is that note, exactly?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 03, 2016, 07:50:07 pm »

Oh, and TBF, how's the reconsideration going?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 03, 2016, 07:50:49 pm »

And what is that note, exactly?
Simple things, actually ._. Just something to add to my leads and stuff. Along with what I can infer from my new role.

PFP

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 03, 2016, 07:59:43 pm »

BHK
And when I realize that BHK never actually FoS'd me.  Wow.  I'm losing my touch.

But given that, it's pretty clear that you're making an argument from false pretenses, Jack.  My statement wasn't in response to the FoS, it was in response to BHK saying that Town self-preservation was bad.  Especially considering we're all powered roles, losing really useful abilities is a bad thing.
Are we to infer that your role is really useful, then?
I'm going to go with 'maybe'.  In the right circumstances, it can be amazingly useful.  There aren't any of those yet.  And I doubt there will be.
Your thought process seems a bit odd to me then. Why bring up the importance of preserving useful roles as relevant to you wanting to stay alive if you think your role is unlikely to be useful?

Tiruin:  ( ¡Hi! )

It seemed like something worth clarifying (as above) since otherwise it just felt like a hanging threat of 'don't lynch me or you'll regret it'. Do you disagree?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 03, 2016, 08:02:21 pm »

BHK
2 - You had better have great ability to gauge the importance of your role, because it looks like you're preparing to carry the town a bit, and want to attract the attention of protective roles. You might also be asking me to point out that mafia wouldn't put a target on their backs, but that gets into WIFOM territory.

Continuing after two, if you're planning to start leading the town's efforts, how are we aware that you're town? Why would we be inclined to trust you?
Where'd all this come from?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 03, 2016, 08:24:26 pm »

BHK

Where'd all this come from?
Interpretation.

My interpretation of people generally has mixed results, so take everything with a few grains of salt.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2016, 08:31:42 pm »

@Tiruin:I don't know what to make of it.  That's the problem.

Oh, and TBF, how's the reconsideration going?
Of what?

@Deus Asmoth:Because once it is useful, it's very useful.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 04, 2016, 12:57:41 am »

Like I said.  Apparently I'm really terrible at remembering things today.  Or it could be that I'm playing Mafia at 12:04 AM.
I'll come back to this once I've slept.
TBF: You forgot this.  Unvote: scum is generally careful.  You're not.

Need sleep.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33